The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  

You Know You're a Caniac When.....Part three!

...you are hoping to have to make the decision between attending the birth of your baby or watching a Canes game. The decision is obvious, I'm not that crazy...but she's due on June 8 and I really want to have to make that decision!!! ;)

You show up 3 hours before game time on a weekday to tailgate in the wind and rain. You have to use an Easy Up and a tarp (tied to trees and the van and draped over the Easy Up) in an attempt to stay somewhat dry while cooking hot dogs and red hots on the grill.

YKYRAKW you come into work this morning following last nights game and your office door is plastered with Lets Go Pens signs from a couple of jerks who call themselves hockey fans but to date have been all to silent about THEIR team?

... all of your graphic design school project ideas are in some way related to the canes. (*I wonder if my instructor knows I'm a Caniac...)

YKYACW...you paint your bonus room gray (for silver) with red squares and black boxes for the border. And you have a shelf with all the figurines, except for the Gleason one because the dog chewed it up (and was scolded for it), and had a professional painter come in to draw and paint the hurricane logo on one wall.

(True story...can post pics if you like!) :rolleyes:

YKYACW...you paint your bonus room gray (for silver) with red squares and black boxes for the border. And you have a shelf with all the figurines, except for the Gleason one because the dog chewed it up (and was scolded for it), and had a professional painter come in to draw and paint the hurricane logo on one wall.

(True story...can post pics if you like!) :rolleyes:

oh yeah, we definitely need to see that!!

YKYACW you have engineered brackets for your Canes car flags to mount on the roof rack of your minivan. That way you can fly the flags and have the window rolled down at the same time.

.........you're at your local HS (football, basketball, baseball, etc.) game, and during the national anthem, you're the only one that exclaims, "Red" at the appropriate moment.....causing some hard stares of confusion to come your way, which you shrug off from the "non-believers".

... all of your graphic design school project ideas are in some way related to the canes. (*I wonder if my instructor knows I'm a Caniac...)

Yeah, all my computer arts projects are related to the canes. Except I barely know how to use photoshop, so they aren't very good. :] but that's all i have done for about 5 months now.

.........you're at your local HS (football, basketball, baseball, etc.) game, and during the national anthem, you're the only one that exclaims, "Red" at the appropriate moment.....causing some hard stares of confusion to come your way, which you shrug off from the "non-believers".

X2 :)

Some just don't understand...

mr-t-says.jpg

YKYACW all your passwords on your computer at work have something to do with the CANES. B)
i can totally relate. i knew that i wasn't the only one! B)

I know these are old quotes but I'm just now reading this thread. I'm guilty of the password thing too! Makes meeting the de facto standard of at least one digit and at least one capital letter in the password so much easier....

Or (wow, I have a lot of these) when you're in math class and you somehow get 15, 25, and 36 in the answer of the problem and you think, "Haha. It's a Finnish equation." ;)
Clever.

When you seriously consider going to the Keith Urban/Sugarland concert (even though you hate country) JUST because it is on June 19 at the RBC.
THAT IS HARDCORE.

YKYACW you have engineered brackets for your Canes car flags to mount on the roof rack of your minivan. That way you can fly the flags and have the window rolled down at the same time.

Nice!

Playing on that.... YKYACW you have portrait hooks above your half-bath door to hang your retired car flags on. Observe:

HPIM1497.jpg

HPIM1499.jpg