The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  

You Know You're a Caniac When.....Part three!

Here are the pictures I said I would post! Hope these show-up correctly.

Awesome. Makes me want to buy a house with a bonus room just to do the same thing. I have a collection, but I have not yet built my 'shrine' to the team.

YKYACW when you're looking more forward to training camp for the NHL than the NFL.

Kind of lame but I thought it would be fun to get this ressurected.

when you are playing on the DMV website and find out STORMY97 is available for your motorcycle and you order it. when you have an appointment to have it painted with some sort of Canes mural.

Plus

ChetStanley.jpg

I have this image on my Capitol One Credit card.

I made a trip to Niagara Falls last year and stopped in Buffalo to grab lunch. Didn't understand why I was getting a lot of angry looks until it dawned on me that my GF and I had our Canes Stanley Cup shirts on. I paid for our lunch with my Capitol One Card with the above picture.

C97...i didnt know you had a bike. What kind? Im in the process of convincing mrs NCC i need a bike right now. I was actually gonna start a thread to get some suggestions from my fellow Caniacs on the best way to approach this "delicate" situation...LOL

All I can say is thank goodness for YOUTUBE. If I had a dollar for evey time I've watched the replays, I could retire

^This. I've watched those videos more times than I can count. YKYACW you can recite the play by play of the Shock at the Rock, Walker in OT in Boston, Gleason in OT in NJ, the Miracle Finnish (0.2 seconds) and the Babchuk playoff clincher (for some, both versions-John and Chuck) word for word. Please hurry training camp!

C97...i didnt know you had a bike. What kind? Im in the process of convincing mrs NCC i need a bike right now. I was actually gonna start a thread to get some suggestions from my fellow Caniacs on the best way to approach this "delicate" situation...LOL

Ask Whaler when he gets back from his epic bike trip. ;)

YKYACW.... you have enough paper - posters, lithographs, player appreciation minis etc. (especially from the 2006 playoffs) to wallpaper your home.... and not just one room either I mean every wall inside and outside roof included :P

i told mine i needed a hobby during the off season and yard work just wasn't cutting it!! LOL

YKYACW.... You set up a wish list at the online store for all of the Canes gear you dream of and send an email to friends and family with the code suggesting they just use this list for xmas and birthdays until it is empty. (like I will let it run out of items)

When you spend two weeks of your life trying to plead and beg your way back onto a message board so that someone in someway will care about what you have to say about the team. It's nice to be back.

also, when you get a new job and the part about it you are most excited is that it's only three blocks from the reczone. Nothin like a good canes practice to get you pumped up to go to work all day.

YKYACW Tuomo Ruutu is your phone wallpaper even during the summer!

When you know you have to get your passport renewed just so you can go to Canada for a roadtrip during the hockey season.

When your dad decides to finally buy you a horse and you refuse to call the animal by its original name, but rather thinking of Canes-related names to call it. (Hey! I need help! Nameless horses aren't fun. Any clever ones?)

And finally, when you look at the clock and its 6:42 PM and you say, "Haha. It's Tim Gleason Time." Or 12:36 - "Staal-Jussi Time." 12:59 - "Staal-Rosey Time." I think you guys have the hang of it now.

You can't stand to be without the canes, so you put a permanent spot for them on your body. :]

When the lining of your game room is the canes flags from the bottom of the jerseys.

YKYACW Tuomo Ruutu is your phone wallpaper even during the summer!

When you know you have to get your passport renewed just so you can go to Canada for a roadtrip during the hockey season.

When your dad decides to finally buy you a horse and you refuse to call the animal by its original name, but rather thinking of Canes-related names to call it. (Hey! I need help! Nameless horses aren't fun. Any clever ones?)

And finally, when you look at the clock and its 6:42 PM and you say, "Haha. It's Tim Gleason Time." Or 12:36 - "Staal-Jussi Time." 12:59 - "Staal-Rosey Time." I think you guys have the hang of it now.

Stormy? Hurricane? Heartstopper? (for the playoffs this year, cardiac canes, ya know) Stanley? Hey Hey whadda say? (if its a racing horse). All I could think of right now. :lol:

Stormy? Hurricane? Heartstopper? (for the playoffs this year, cardiac canes, ya know) Stanley? Hey Hey whadda say? (if its a racing horse). All I could think of right now. :lol:

Storm Chaser B)

Kinda of reminds me when I was a kid goin' horseback riding every other kid got a horse with a name like Flower or Angel eyes... me I end up with one named Tornado or Bone eater; I always ended up with horse that had a chip on it's shoulder :blink:

When pretty much everyone you meet knows you're a huge fan.....delivery guys at work, my coffee lady, people in stores, friends, everyone at work......might have somethin' to do with the red/black/white theme on all game days.

When you're living in Europe during the '05-'06 season so you come home from work, take a nap and get up at midnight to watch the playoff games. (And stay up the rest of the night crying like a baby and drinking celebratory champagne with your husband after Game 7.)

When you take a loss of about $100 worth of tickets for a Kings of Leon concert because it turns out to fall on the evening of Game 7 against New Jersey. (Our friends, who don't follow sports at all, could NOT understand why in the world we would give up our concert tickets just to go to Carolina Ale House to watch an AWAY game on TELEVISION.) It was the best $100 we ever wasted because I would not trade anything for that experience of being outside on the Ale House lawn with my fellow Caniacs witnessing the Shock At The Rock.

When your husband comes home from work and says "How would you feel about moving to Belgium for Sept, Oct and Nov - all expenses paid - for my job?" and your first reaction is "But what about hockey season?" (This is our first year back in Raleigh after living abroad for a while and therefore, our first year as full STH's so I'm especially pumped for this season to get going!)

You get really really excited about a math problem being in your book and demand the teacher (another hockey fan) to let you be the one to put it on the board. Even though the problem was about the plus/minuses of the Tampa Bay Lightning (from most likely the 2003-04 season), I was extremely excited. But the problem was unexciting. You had to organize 6 player's plus/minuses from least to greatest. AND everyone in the class asks you to clarify what the plus/minus stat is.