The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  

You Know You're a Caniac When.....Part three!

YKYACW 240) You keep sneaking out of your own wedding reception at the Embassy Suites in Cary to see what's happening in Game 3 of the finals.

YKYACW 241) Your new bride joins you in sneaking out of your own wedding reception at the Embassy Suites in Cary to see what's happening in Game 3 of the finals.

YKYACW 242) You come home from honeymoon early to catch game 5.

True story. :mrgreen:

YKYACW 240) You keep sneaking out of your own wedding reception at the Embassy Suites in Cary to see what's happening in Game 3 of the finals.

YKYACW 241) Your new bride joins you in sneaking out of your own wedding reception at the Embassy Suites in Cary to see what's happening in Game 3 of the finals.

Very dedicated but should have stayed on your honeymoon till game 7.....5 & 6 were stinkers :thumbdown:

Very dedicated but should have stayed on your honeymoon till game 7.....5 & 6 were stinkers :thumbdown:

Not completely true for Game 6, although we got punished in Edmonton an event of legend occured with the return of none other than Erik Cole

Number 244 YKYACW:

You take your 13 YO son to Game 7 and get home after 2AM from celebrating and manage to write a note to school explaining how he was late to school the next day because of an exceptional educational opportunity and best of all your wife buys it too :mrgreen:.

OK Number 245: You have your birthday dinner at RBC

Dad "Where do you want to go for dinner for your Birthday?"

son "to Dos Banditos"

Dad: " Oh a Mexican Restaurant thats cool... Where is it?

Son: "Right next to your beer stand on the third level at RBC..."

Dad: "Well I only have the two tickets for that night and that would mean mom cant go..."

Son: Thats OK I already told her she isn't invited...

Now thats either really stupid or a True Caniac ( apologies to Brian)

246. Instead of lining the cages at the vet clinic with newspaper, I stole 2 pages because I saw pictures of Cole and Wardo. (The other was a big article about Jordan Staal)

son "to Dos Banditos"

Dad: "Well I only have the two tickets for that night and that would mean mom cant go..."

Mom AND Dad would love that!

son "to Dos Banditos"

Mom AND Dad would love that!

Oh trust me Mom already knows and I am the father of the young man crazy enough to say something like that.

YKYACW 246) You are deep in Oiler country and proudly brag about winning the Stanley Cup so much that you get boo'd off the awards stage at a Bible Quizzing Tournament!! Best day EVER!!.... That is besides the actual day we won the Cup!!

YKYACW--

247)You intentionally DVR the game, and sleep on it because your too nervous to watch it, AND THEN watch it even tho you find out they lost badly before hand.

I can relate...its like a train wreck you just can't look away from.

YKYACW--

247)You intentionally DVR the game, and sleep on it because your too nervous to watch it, AND THEN watch it even tho you find out they lost badly before hand.

I can relate...its like a train wreck you just can't look away from.

248===your family decides not to exchange gifts at Christmas. Instead everyone is supposed to plan things to do together as a family (for the whole bonding thing), so you & your mom (who is 65+) decide to buy the whole gang tickets to a hockey game--NOW THAT"S FAMILY BONDING, BABY 8)

PS you are not-so-secretly hoping the family outing will bring some good "bonding" karma to the team