The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  

You Know You're a Caniac When.....Part three!

YKYACW 301) You name all the characters on your Final Fantasy game after your favorite Canes players... (and of course I name them after Canes AND Flames players hehe)

YKYACW 302) Someone tells you they met a Canes player and you just about die of jealousy but when someone else tells you they met a Sabres player you wave it off and laugh. HAHA

You know your're a caniac when you are riding down a main highway outside your small town. Then out of the blue there is a PT crusier on your bumper and you wonder what's up. In a minute to find out it is another Hurrican fan passing me with two people in the car waving and blowing at me with a hurrrican flag attatched to their window. I guess they were admiring my Hurricane license plate. It was exciting two fellow Caniacs passing each other and they acted excited too on a highway outside small town in Bladen County. Hockey is alive and spreading through small town NC everywhere. Go Canes.

You know your're a caniac when you are riding down a main highway outside your small town. Then out of the blue there is a PT crusier on your bumper and you wonder what's up. In a minute to find out it is another Hurrican fan passing me with two people in the car waving and blowing at me with a hurrrican flag attatched to their window. I guess they were admiring my Hurricane license plate. It was exciting two fellow Caniacs passing each other and they acted excited too on a highway outside small town in Bladen County. Hockey is alive and spreading through small town NC everywhere. Go Canes.

woo!! (just about put woog kate and becks haha) that is the best story!! i love it!! :) Go Canes! :)

YKYACW #idk haha - you have been convincing your parents for the past year and have finally succeeded in moving to NC just to be in Caniac Nation!! WOOO!!! hehe yep, true story. :lol: and i wonder who convinced their parents... oh wait, that would be me! haha :P

thank god they also sign their numbers, too!

I won a Canes jersey signed by the whole 06-07 team and was trying to figure out the signatures, but had to go online adn look them up to match them with the jersey!

You know when you are a caniac when, Your cloths selve on top has all the canes team has and a stanley cup mint condition replica of the stanley cup with the hurricanes championship team year win. Also When you have both road and home hurricane jerseys. You always take photos much as you can at the games. You have your team exackly the way how the roster is on the real club for the NHL EA SPORTS Game for any year. Also you have your myspace profile set on a display picture of you in your canes gear at a game. And on other forums you make your profile and signature best looking one you got out of the whole group.

You know you're a caniac when you schedule your surgery and recovery around the Hurricanes extended road schedule in October! Having part 2 of some extensive surgery and looks like I'm going to be able to schedule it for the first week of October and only miss (unfortunately) one home game! By the time the Canes come back from their road trip, I'm hoping to be sitting in my seat cheering them on!

YKYACW... your child, a kindergartener, won't really talk to the school staff when they are trying to screen her on the first day of kindergarten. You talk with one of the staff members in the hallway and hear your kid won't really talk with them. You suggest- tell her you're a 'Canes fan (because you know that person is), and maybe she'll warm up. Later in the afternoon, you hear about how that person mentioned to your kid that they were a Canes fan. Your kid's response? "Woo! Go Canes! Can you guess my favorite player?" So, yep you know you're a Caniac...and so is your kid...when the educators need to implement the Individual Caniac Education Plan- a new twist on the No Child Left Behind Act, Carolina style (Woo! Go Canes!).

YKYACW you get excited to see that you're working a lot of hours-because glen wesley came into your store once and you're hoping he'll come back when you're there

YKYACW in the dust on your back windsheild from your long gravel road you have written, "Let's go 'Canes!! Is it Sept. 16th YET?!?!"

You haven't washed that yet?? LOL

Hahahaha, lol, nope... all that dust came in handy for this though, so I can't complain! I'll wash it after Sunday's game... at some point!!! Unless it decides that it wants to rain anyway. :rolleyes:

Hahahaha, lol, nope... all that dust came in handy for this though, so I can't complain! I'll wash it after Sunday's game... at some point!!! Unless it decides that it wants to rain anyway. :rolleyes:

it is suppose to rain the next day or two depending on which channel the tv is on.

YKYACW you take your child to school orientation and some of your fellow caniacs (the ones who got us hooked) are walking in the parking lot and yell at you "Let's Go Canes" and you blow your horn to the same tune.

When you go ahead and buy that new lens -- even though you really should wait until something else is paid for first -- because... well... because you need it before the Caniac Carnival! Yes, it's true folks... I finally got the 200/f2.8 I've been coveting for lo these many years because some of our resident photographers had to go and leave the country (you know who you are) leaving the rest of us to pick up the slack. I tell ya, some people's priorities...

When you make a side trip to Oswego, NY on the way to your son's freshman orientation at SUNY Potsdam just so you can see the town where Erik Cole grew up, eat in a place where Erik Cole might have eaten, walked down a sidewalk where Erik Cole might have walked and just in general let the whole town of Oswego know you appreciate them lending us their favorite son. Then when move-in weekend comes around, you make the same side trip just so you can get a photo of the sign the town erected in the park commemorating Erik's Olympic and Stanley Cup achievements.

And just as a side note, we came across a couple of True Believers on the road to the North Country. One near Wilkes-Barre, PA at a gas station and another in Syracuse at a pharmacy. Of course, we also were given a one-finger salute as we passed near the interchange of I-81 and I-90, presumably in response to the Canes' car flag and presumably by a Sabres fan (I-90 is, after all, the "Highway to Hell" of song and legend).

Is it Sunday yet???

YKYACW When you're watching the nightly news waiting to see the sports highlights and they just BLOW through the Hurricanes news (if any at all) and you get extremely pissed off and wanna reach through the TV and shake some sense into them!!!!!!!!!!!!