The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
Pkling40

Tickets/When?

Has anyone heard when the regular season tickets will go on sale? They are posted but not for sale yet... Anyone hear from their ticket reps when Opening night will go on sale? Thanks for any help...

to the general public the regular season tickets should go on sale beginning with the Caniac Carnival, to STH a week or two prior.

STH can get them now I believe. Find yourself a STH to get them for you, or grab a 12 game pack and get those plus any extras you need.

Extra tickets for opening night wont be available to STH's till Sept 8th.

Extra tickets for opening night wont be available to STH's till Sept 8th.

Their is a Season Ticket Holder pre-sale going on right now with order forms due by 5 pm this Friday. It is for the entire season and includes Opening Night.

http://hurricanes.nhl.com/ext/forms/AdditionalOrderForm0910.pdf' target="_blank">Order Form[/post]

It was announced today that individual game tickets will go on sale the 14th to the general public. Also made available is the ticket specials page. I have got to say I'm not at all impressed with the new ideas put to use. I often used my college ID day of the game or else my Harris Teeter card. Now it looks like I've got all of about 10-15 games that either of those promotions will be good for. There's one less butt in a seat... :angry:

If you're a season ticket holder, you can also log onto your account manager and print your tickets for the pre-season games and the first two regular season games now.

So does this advance ticket sales thing mean these deals ONLY apply if you buy tickets one week in advance/no deals on game day?

That seems to be their position for now. We live too far away to take advantage of game day specials, so the new advance discount works in my favor, but I think a lot of people are going to be unhappy about this. The only thing advance sales deals only does from a local fan perspective is increase the chance you won't be able to use the tickets if something comes up. Not good.

All fine and dandy, but when do STH receive our ticket and parking booklets? I've seen not mention of this in the emails I've been getting from the organ-eye-zation. I'm not opposed to printing out the tickets from the account mgr, but I want my parking pass too. That is not printable.

Self-edit: Just went to STH section on main team page and they should begin arriving Fri Sept 11.

All fine and dandy, but when do STH receive our ticket and parking booklets? I've seen not mention of this in the emails I've been getting from the organ-eye-zation. I'm not opposed to printing out the tickets from the account mgr, but I want my parking pass too. That is not printable.

Self-edit: Just went to STH section on main team page and they should begin arriving Fri Sept 11.

Might want to make sure they have your correct email. I got my notification of this last week.

I wish the Canes would steal the idea from the Pens of having players deliver the tickets. I know not all of them were delivered in that manner, but it did make for good PR and a good chance for the players to see where some of the ticket holders live. I remember seeing the video of an elderly season ticket holder who was surprised by Syd delivering her tickets. Hey think of the money they could save on FedEX!

I wish the Canes would steal the idea from the Pens of having players deliver the tickets. I know not all of them were delivered in that manner, but it did make for good PR and a good chance for the players to see where some of the ticket holders live. I remember seeing the video of an elderly season ticket holder who was surprised by Syd delivering her tickets. Hey think of the money they could save on FedEX!

if they did that then they would most likely do it by seniority and I would be left with bumping off a lot of STH'ers in order to get Brindy/Staal to deliver my tickets. Could get very messy!! LOL

It was announced today that individual game tickets will go on sale the 14th to the general public. Also made available is the ticket specials page. I have got to say I'm not at all impressed with the new ideas put to use. I often used my college ID day of the game or else my Harris Teeter card. Now it looks like I've got all of about 10-15 games that either of those promotions will be good for. There's one less butt in a seat... :angry:

The new specials seem to reward people who plan ahead rather than those who wait until the last minute to buy their tickets. I think that's probably a better way to do it.

The new specials seem to reward people who plan ahead rather than those who wait until the last minute to buy their tickets. I think that's probably a better way to do it.

Playing devil's advocate (not NJ) the Harris Teeter discount helped give last-minute buyers a reason to come to the game. Remember a "butt-in seat" provides revenue an empty seat does not; for some reason Canes marketing decided that walk-up sales on game day wasn't that great. Perhaps they didn't want to add extra cashiers on game days. Would love to know the reason for the switch.

Playing devil's advocate (not NJ) the Harris Teeter discount helped give last-minute buyers a reason to come to the game. Remember a "butt-in seat" provides revenue an empty seat does not; for some reason Canes marketing decided that walk-up sales on game day wasn't that great. Perhaps they didn't want to add extra cashiers on game days. Would love to know the reason for the switch.

Possibly they have put the parking guy in charge of ticket sales?

Possibly they have put the parking guy in charge of ticket sales?

does that mean he sells tickets on the roof of the RBC Center?? LOL (how he does his analysis for parking)

Per carolinahurricanes.com:

Season Ticket Delivery

Full Season & 26-Game Plan packages are scheduled to be delivered around Friday, September 11, 2009. Signatures will not be required for receipt of ticket packages.