The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
Caniac5

'09-'10 Hurricane Slogan

We're so nice, some guys play here twice. :lol:

Along those same lines.

"Players play elsewhere to be a star, but they come to Carolina to win a Stanley Cup"

I guess that's only true for Recchi and Weight, but Stillman won his second with us, A.Ward won his second with us (Back for #3 we hope?)

Now that I think about it, you can add some to the list who started elsewhere but won their first Cup with us, Brind'amour, Wesley, Cullen.. a couple others.

A.Ward won his second with us (Back for #3 we hope?)

I'm going to be petty and say that technically Aaron Ward won his third with us (he won two with detroit) so hopefully he will win his fourth with us.

Since we are revamping the website at the end of the month, hopefully we will see the slogan then.

I'm going to be petty and say that technically Aaron Ward won his third with us (he won two with detroit) so hopefully he will win his fourth with us.

Since we are revamping the website at the end of the month, hopefully we will see the slogan then.

LOL.. nothing petty about it. I knew he had one with Detroit.. (seen the pic of him hoisting the cup), didnt look to see he had two.

I'm sure if we win this year, he wont care what number it is. :)

In a great twist of irony, halfway through the 06 season at the olympic break, the night I got most of my autographs, there was a guy there who was obviously a dealer, who had Aaron Ward sign a bunch of pictures of him hoisting the cup with Detroit. Funny, the guy should have waiting another 3 months. That's how I knew Ward had won with Detroit. I really like the way Aaron handled it too.. he's trying to meet fans and kids, and this guy is obviously a dealer cause he has a stack of like 20 pictures. Aaron signed about 4 of them, and then was like "I gotta move on"... To the dealers credit he was gracious about it too.. he got the ones he could get and Thanked Aaron for his time. Classy guy.. nice to have him back, I hope we can win another Cup for him. Considering the fact he lives here, and the guys at Boston said they would only trade him here, I assume after a couple more years he will retire here in Raleigh as a Cane.

How about "It's a Caniac thing"? If the poster-sized schedules I picked up are any indication, that's what it's going to be. :unsure:

I think seven up tried that one with its an up thing, which reminds me of another seven up commercial that would be a better fit for our team. Instead of Make Seven Up Yours, we could use We're Caniacs Up Yours. that will show all the haters.

If you believed any of what the articles lately about our fans:

"straw hats required"

"Spit your baccy in your can of cheerwine"

"Checkered flags only"

:P

I agree that the "its a caniac thing" is lameeeeeeeee.

hmmm, how about "Victory or death!" maybe a bit harsh... but a good motivator... :lol:

Personally I still think that "Carolina Hurricanes.....Back to the Future!!" would make for a good swipe at how we've brought back player after player from past teams.

It's a Caniac Thing shows that they are truly appreciative of our efforts during this past postseason, but that just sounds like something they'd put on a commercial for people to buy ticket packs and that we'd never hear again after that. My personal favorite was "You'll know when you go".

Personally I still think that "Carolina Hurricanes.....Back to the Future!!" would make for a good swipe at how we've brought back player after player from past teams.

It's a Caniac Thing shows that they are truly appreciative of our efforts during this past postseason, but that just sounds like something they'd put on a commercial for people to buy ticket packs and that we'd never hear again after that. My personal favorite was "You'll know when you go".

I think if "it's a Caniac thing" was going to be a ticket promo, it could work really well. But for the season's slogan? I liked some of our ideas better.