The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
Caniac5

'09-'10 Hurricane Slogan

I think if "it's a Caniac thing" was going to be a ticket promo, it could work really well. But for the season's slogan? I liked some of our ideas better.

That's still a possibility...all I'm going off of is that last year's poster schedule had Our Team, Our Tradition on it. Since they haven't officially announced it yet, it could still change. One thing I noticed, there is no TM next to it, and they usually trademark slogans, unless they're overly generic. I also noticed that the background color and pattern, as well as the font, is the same as on the new main page.

I've attached a scan, see what you think. Maybe they have a clever ad campaign lined up...

well looking at this, it could be worse, it could be "It's a Caniac Thang." now that would be awful.

says who?? They could use a picture of Big Mike and the Storm Squad in cowboy hats!!

says who?? They could use a picture of Big Mike and the Storm Squad in cowboy hats!!

Well, thar' ya' go! All things are possible!

Exactly what Im talking about. Might as well throw a John Deere in there and get some more money.

A while back I suggested the slogan "Win Everything!"

No response, so I guess I need to sell it.

By "Win Everything" I mean..

Win every puck, every faceoff, every check, every race to the corner, every game, every series, and THE CUP!

That about covers it.

Last year I suggested the slogan be "The Playoffs or Stormy is 'cue." Need to up the urgency and make it "The Cup or Stormy is 'cue"

Exactly what I'm talking about. Might as well throw a John Deere in there and get some more money.

and that would be a bad thing? I think not!! I own a John Deere!!

and that would be a bad thing? I think not!! I own a John Deere!!

Sounds good to me! I would like to own a John Deere!...for free would be good too...LOL

A tractor's a tractor, the redneck factor needs to be dialed down a little bit if you ask me.

Nothing runs like a Deere!!

Disclaimer: No Deere's, deers, or tractors were offended by this post.

A tractor's a tractor, the redneck factor needs to be dialed down a little bit if you ask me.

That statement is like going into a trailer park and yelling "WalMart stinks". Also, what makes talking about a John Deere redneck? They are really nice to drive to the family reunion to pick up chicks.

That statement is like going into a trailer park and yelling "WalMart stinks". Also, what makes talking about a John Deere redneck? They are really nice to drive to the family reunion to pick up chicks.

and work better than using my truck or corvette!! Women love Green!!

So are you suggesting someone who owns a tractor is a "redneck?" Now it's coming from in-house. :blink: You obviously know little about tractors, and less about demographics. Just sayin....

....... Massey Ferguson makes a good one, too. But, to the point, John Deere is a sponsor for heaven's sake. Do we tell them no thanks because we're afraid someone is going to suggest we are all rednecks? According to Jeff Foxworthy I'm a redneck but that doesn't mean everybody else is ..... :lol:

And nothing tastes like a deer!

DSC00218.jpg

roflmao!! You go girl!!

disclaimer: no rolling, laughing, or girls (mature or otherwise) were offended by this post.

So I saw the slogan in action last night on ESPN while watching the NC State-SC game. They were announcing that the Canes are back on Oct 2 and at the end they put up "it's a Caniac thing". I was too busy smiling from the clips they showed, esp Scotty putting in the game winner to notice the slogan too much! :)

So I saw the slogan in action last night on ESPN while watching the NC State-SC game. They were announcing that the Canes are back on Oct 2 and at the end they put up "it's a Caniac thing". I was too busy smiling from the clips they showed, esp Scotty putting in the game winner to notice the slogan too much! :)

Yep. I saw it then too! I was gonna say something about it yesterday but it looks like you beat me to it :lol: