The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
canesluver

Win dinner with Ray Whitney!

Thats not fair, I want to eat with Ray Whitney...Is there any chance you could talk to him and get him to fly up to Toronto? If he comes, I'll pay for his meal!

The Whitney's :)

It will be a nice event. Take a chance!!

Actually I believe the people paying 50$ for a raffle ticket are the ones paying the tab...

Actually, no they aren't. The raffle tickets are donations (tax-deductible by the way) directly to the Theatre In The Park and are not going toward the dinner tab.

Thanks, Dreamie.

Yes -- as mentioned in the announcement above, all funds collected are going toward Theatre in the Park's Community Arts and Education Fund. It is a fund-raising event to help a non-profit theatre company.

The expense of the dinner itself is covered by the hosts: Ray Whitney & Coquette Brasserie

This event is a creative way to give some lucky Caniacs a special evening with their favorite player, and raise money for a worthy cause.

Spread the word!

:)

Thats not fair, I want to eat with Ray Whitney...Is there any chance you could talk to him and get him to fly up to Toronto? If he comes, I'll pay for his meal!

Buy you ticket now. Ray will be in your town on 01/12/10 & 03/02/10 right after the All Star Break... :)

I bet he would make an exception for you! ;)

Technically 50$ tax deductible means free right? Cause you'd be giving the 50$ to the government either way, just option 1 provides a chance to eat with Ray and option 2 includes nothing.

i'd rather win the autographed jersey myself, and not cause I dont wanna eat with Ray. I'd rather eat with Ray at an applebee's and not some fancy fancy place where I never know which of the 17 forks to use and I wind up not eating to avoid looking stupid.

Which of the forks shall I use to gauge my eyes out or attempt to fling a pea with....hmmm.

Technically 50$ tax deductible means free right? Cause you'd be giving the 50$ to the government either way, just option 1 provides a chance to eat with Ray and option 2 includes nothing.

i'd rather win the autographed jersey myself, and not cause I dont wanna eat with Ray. I'd rather eat with Ray at an applebee's and not some fancy fancy place where I never know which of the 17 forks to use and I wind up not eating to avoid looking stupid.

Which of the forks shall I use to gauge my eyes out or attempt to fling a pea with....hmmm.

I think you use the fork that tarheelmike showed us in his post on now closed thread "hockey withdrawls :) :)

I think you use the fork that tarheelmike showed us in his post on now closed thread "hockey withdrawls :) :)

That's dangerously close to a joke.

Seriously, that seems like a win/win deal. A $50 tax deductible donation for a decent chance dinner or jersey is a pretty good chance. All for a good cause to boot.

That's dangerously close to a joke.

Seriously, that seems like a win/win deal. A $50 tax deductible donation for a decent chance dinner or jersey is a pretty good chance. All for a good cause to boot.

I'm with you on the tax deduction but the chance of winning is only 2%.

Coquette is not a fancy restaurant - it's basically the French version of an Applebee's (with much, much better food!!). It's located in the North Hills Mall. I would love to met Ray and his wife and I love Coquette so that would be a majorly schweet prize to win in my book.

Coquette is not a fancy restaurant - it's basically the French version of an Applebee's (with much, much better food!!). It's located in the North Hills Mall. I would love to met Ray and his wife and I love Coquette so that would be a majorly schweet prize to win in my book.

Coquette is a great restaurant. I like the decor, people who work there and especially the food. I don't see it anywhere close to a Applebees' but it is also not some fancy-dancy place. You want good food with french flair, it is a great place to eat and drink. The Urban Food Group

The menu is set up like a Paris/French menu and somewhat looks like corner restaurant in Paris. Try the short braised ribs and a Big Boss.

Thanks folks, for the kudos to Coquette's. I'm fond of it myself. They've created a really warm and inviting atmosphere there. If it's a mild day and all the windows are open, with the curtains billowing in the breeze, it feels like you could be in a cozy place on the streets of Paris.

A French brasserie is similar to a bistro. The definition of brasserie: an unpretentious restaurant, tavern, or the like, that serves drinks, esp. beer, and simple or hearty food. (and, yes-- I can type, dictionary.com! LOL)

If anyone reading this thread has participated in the raffle, thanks a million! We just reached 100 tickets sold!

If anyone reading this thread has participated in the raffle, thanks a million! We just reached 100 tickets sold!

So, based on 5 winners (per the announcement) these are very good odds for the people that have bought tickets so far! I'm assuming that since there is only one date listed for the dinner that all 5 couples and Ray will be at the same dinner?

Yes, Nancy, that's right. It'll be a dinner party with Ray and the 5 winners, plus their guests-- altogether on the same date. If my math is right, that's a group of 11 people. :)

Oh, dear! I forgot Mrs. Whitney! Brijet is co-hosting with Ray. So that's a party of 12. :)

Thanks to all who have bought tickets. We still have some left, but ticket sales end at 5PM tomorrow (Friday), Sept. 4.

A board member PM'd me with questions about the menu, so I'm posting a copy of my answer here, in case you've had the question on your mind, too.

Yes-- you'll have a choice of menu options. It's a 3-course meal, and wine is included. If you wanted a cocktail, that'd be extra.

If you've been on-the-fence about buying a ticket, don't wait any longer!!

:D