The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
sixnitepkg

"Brindy camp" begins today!!

I went to a few last year. I'm working different hours now, so I'm missing it! I'm going to try and catch them on Friday and Monday though.

It'll be great to see some skating again.

Players there today were Brindy, Rosey, Cole (didn't skate), Whitney, Aaron Ward, Sean Hill, Corvo, Samsonov, Conboy, Walker, Wallin, and my hero Jorge was in goal as Cam nor Leights were present.

Players there today were Brindy, Rosey, Cole (didn't skate), Whitney, Aaron Ward, Sean Hill, Corvo, Samsonov, Conboy, Walker, Wallin, and my hero Jorge was in goal as Cam nor Leights were present.

Sean Hill!

No Sean Hill today, Jeff Zatkoff from the Kings was in goal opposite Jorge.

More Brindy Camp Schedule

Thu 08/27/2009 10:00 AM 12:00 PM RecZone Rink 1 Hurricanes : Canes Skate

Fri 08/28/2009 12:15 PM 01:45 PM RecZone Rink 1 Hurricanes : Canes Skate

Mon 08/31/2009 10:00 AM 12:00 PM RecZone Rink 1 Hurricanes : Canes Skate

Tue 09/01/2009 10:00 AM 12:00 PM RecZone Rink 1 Hurricanes : Canes Skate

Wed 09/02/2009 10:00 AM 12:00 PM RecZone Rink 1 Hurricanes : Canes Skate

Thu 09/03/2009 10:00 AM 12:00 PM RecZone Rink 1 Hurricanes : Canes Skate

Since I live a couple of hours away, I don't make the practices, but has anyone been over there and seen what the guys are looking like? Sounds like TK and AA are in town. If anyone has any reports or pics, I for one would like em!

Since I live a couple of hours away, I don't make the practices, but has anyone been over there and seen what the guys are looking like? Sounds like TK and AA are in town. If anyone has any reports or pics, I for one would like em!

From Paul's blog:

http://forums.carolinahurricanes.com/index.php?showtopic=20596&view=getnewpost' target="_blank">http://forums.carolinahurricanes.com/index...view=getnewpost[/post]

No pictures but a little info for you.

According to Chip's twitter Seids is in a Canes sweater.

Very interesting. Wonder if he signed a cheap contract. Usually ONLY the official Canes players are wearing the Canes gear, everyone else (Battaglia, Ward (when with Boston), etc) all wear other gear.

Someone asked him about it after practice. Said he wanted to be here but it looks like the Panthers are the front runners now.

Thought Ruutu looked the best out of the group. Had some very accurate shots find the back of the net. Whitney did as well.

Conboy and Wallin wrestled a little and mucked things up a few times.

And this is total speculation on my part but after a save at the end of practice Cam just sort of laid on the ice on his side for what must have been an entire minute. He didn't seem to be in obvious pain, more like he was pretending he wasn't in pain and that it's totally normal to lay on the ice for extended periods of time. I know I'm starting rumors here but after all the cover up stories this club feeds us when our players are injured it made me wonder.

Aaron also had his knee iced up after practice (he's super nice by the way). Sorry to gossip but there's nothing to talk about right now. Bash away folks.

Someone asked him about it after practice. Said he wanted to be here but it looks like the Panthers are the front runners now.

Thought Ruutu looked the best out of the group. Had some very accurate shots find the back of the net. Whitney did as well.

Conboy and Wallin wrestled a little and mucked things up a few times.

And this is total speculation on my part but after a save at the end of practice Cam just sort of laid on the ice on his side for what must have been an entire minute. He didn't seem to be in obvious pain, more like he was pretending he wasn't in pain and that it's totally normal to lay on the ice for extended periods of time. I know I'm starting rumors here but after all the cover up stories this club feeds us when our players are injured it made me wonder.

Aaron also had his knee iced up after practice (he's super nice by the way). Sorry to gossip but there's nothing to talk about right now. Bash away folks.

Sorry, didn't want this to stand without some type of reply, because this is exactly how unfounded rumors get started sometimes.

I've been at practice as well this week. Cam is fine. He was just GOOFING AROUND by lying down. He wasn't facing a lot of shots and so he was joking around with the other guys on the ice. It's actually pretty common to see him do this at a practice, especially the informal nature of the ones from this week.

Same RecZone schedule for this week, leading up to training camp? Or is Brindy camp over?

RecZone Schedule

Tue 09/08/2009 10:00 AM 12:00 PM RecZone Rink 1 Hurricanes : Canes Skate

Wed 09/09/2009 10:00 AM 12:00 PM RecZone Rink 1 Hurricanes : Canes Skate

Thu 09/10/2009 10:00 AM 12:00 PM RecZone Rink 1 Hurricanes : Canes Skate