The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
Canes-Fan-In-Montreal

Playing GM for the 2009-2010 Season

I really REALLY want to draft Zach Budish in the 2nd round. I think he could be real good one day.

He may be drafted in the 2nd round, but if he is I really don't see him falling to us. He could even be drafted in the 1st round if a team wanted to.

Someone out there will be ready and able to over-pay for LaRose, so I would expect to see LaRose in another jersey next year with a salary greater than $2 million a year.

That could be the case for some teams, but I think JR will give LaRose a nice raise and he'll sign it to stay here.

Someone out there will be ready and able to over-pay for LaRose, so I would expect to see LaRose in another jersey next year with a salary greater than $2 million a year.

ain't gonna happen!! He will resign at $1.2 to $1.7mil tops.

If we can get rid of Kabelre, Walker and even Eaves ( i don't want to move Patty), i want to see Hudler in this team. He will be good winger for Staal.

But i'm 'in' for idea play with this team next season and then starts rebuild.

ain't gonna happen!! He will resign at $1.2 to $1.7mil tops.

It would show ALOT of character for LaRose to do that. He finished the season fifth on the team in goals (second in even-strength goals), yet if he accepted the contract you suggested that would only make him the eleventh highest-paid FORWARD on the roster if Cole, Jokinen, and Ruutu are also re-signed. I just don't see how it could possibly be in LaRose's best interest to agree to a contract like that.

It would show ALOT of character for LaRose to do that. He finished the season fifth on the team in goals (second in even-strength goals), yet if he accepted the contract you suggested that would only make him the eleventh highest-paid FORWARD on the roster if Cole, Jokinen, and Ruutu are also re-signed. I just don't see how it could possibly be in LaRose's best interest to agree to a contract like that.

IMO, I could see him staying for slightly less money because of the way this season went. The team appears to be going places so I don't know if he would want to trade more money for less success, and on the flip side-he may be forced to take a smaller role on a "better" team. He has a lot of connections to the area with his fiancee plus this is the only team he's ever played for so there's probably some loyalty there too. I also think JR is willing to shell out the cash needed to keep Chad so I think that combination of all those things will have him here next season, I hope.

The guy only had 31 points, or something like that. Let's not go give him some exorbitant amount of money just because he scored 20 goals and brings it every night. He's good, but not lots-of-money good...yet.

Cole and Ruutu will return. Seids will return... As a team that needs some grit and size, those guys all fit the bill... The more I think about it the more likely it is LaRose is gone. He is young and brash and will want lots of money that we dont have. He deserves it, but we cant pay it. Hes a gonner. For 1 mil plus we could get some size. Will be sad to see him go.

I prefer Larose to resign instead Ruutu.

Not even!! It is like this, Ruutu hits things and they fall down, Larose hits things and he falls down.

The only way LaRose gets what you suggest is going to a team that spends to the cap (not us) and that would be Detroit or the Rags, don't see him going to either of those places. He tried out for Detroit and they didn't want him - the Rags have Avery.

Don't know what is with you folks wanting to give LaRose the big contract, he is no Staal or Cole, he IS good at what he does but that doesn't warrant big bucks (nor a statue at the RBC Center).

The only way LaRose gets what you suggest is going to a team that spends to the cap (not us) and that would be Detroit or the Rags, don't see him going to either of those places. He tried out for Detroit and they didn't want him - the Rags have Avery.

Don't know what is with you folks wanting to give LaRose the big contract, he is no Staal or Cole, he IS good at what he does but that doesn't warrant big bucks (nor a statue at the RBC Center).

I dont understand what is up with you hating on LaRose he afterall did out perfrom your boy cole this season and once again no one said that we want a statue of him in front of the RBC center like u said.

Not even!! It is like this, Ruutu hits things and they fall down, Larose hits things and he falls down.

Agreed. As much as I love how much Rosey tries, Ruutu has more grit and even skill. I know this means nothing, but there's a reason why Ruu was drafted ninth overall. Because he has skills (I'm resisting the urge to say "yo" after skillzzzzz). So, maybe he wasn't the next coming of Bobby Hull in Chicago, but I strongly believe that on a team that believes in him - wow, that sounds corny - and if he can stay healthy, then he will be a big piece in our puzzle for a long time.

I dont understand what is up with you hating on LaRose he afterall did out perfrom your boy cole this season and once again no one said that we want a statue of him in front of the RBC center like u said.

It's called a hyperbole, where you exaggerate things. No one here hates LaRose, but some of us see what is the probable outcome of this predicament we are in when it comes to Rosey. And forums are for opinions, so let people share. KTHNX.

It's called a hyperbole, where you exaggerate things. No one here hates LaRose, but some of us see what is the probable outcome of this predicament we are in when it comes to Rosey. And forums are for opinions, so let people share. KTHNX.

I did just share my opinion on the subject and u just jumped all over me about it so u pretty much just contradicted what you just said.

I heard Ruutu had shoulder surgery on an interview I believe with Staal on 850 Friday. As we have seen shoulder surgeries are not he easiest things to heal. This in conjunction with his knee history lead me to believe the market figure won't be as high until we see if the shoulder is recovered.

In a NHL where Jeff Finger can get $3.5 million in free agency, Chad LaRose could easily fetch $2 million or more in the same market. Just look at a team like Pittsburgh, they'll be in the market for relatively inexpensive top-six wingers. They look at what LaRose was able to do paired with a player like Cullen most of the season, you don't think they'd be interested to see what LaRose could do with Crosby, Malkin, or Staal on his line?

I never said LaRose should get that kind of contract, because I personally don't think he is worth it. However, I do believe someone out there will be enamored enough by his past season to take a chance on him.

I did just share my opinion on the subject and u just jumped all over me about it so u pretty much just contradicted what you just said.

Lol. It was actually you who jumped all over the Rosey "hater." Really, don't go into the contradiction thing with me because that's what people say when they can't think of anything else. Really, I love LaRose, but sometimes you've got to think of what will most likely happen. LaRose is a guy that any team would love to have and when teams have more money to spend than us, you've got to be realistic here. We've got other guys that are a priority to sign, too. Not just LaRose! He is NOT a Staal-type player and he does not deserve that kind of money, but he deserves the money that his talent is worth.

Lol. It was actually you who jumped all over the Rosey "hater." Really, don't go into the contradiction thing with me because that's what people say when they can't think of anything else. Really, I love LaRose, but sometimes you've got to think of what will most likely happen. LaRose is a guy that any team would love to have and when teams have more money to spend than us, you've got to be realistic here. We've got other guys that are a priority to sign, too. Not just LaRose! He is NOT a Staal-type player and he does not deserve that kind of money, but he deserves the money that his talent is worth.

I am pretty sure I never said that I want to give LaRose staal money I think LaRose should get between 1.5 and 2 million dollars. I kind of allready know that LaRose isn't a Staal type player once again I never said that he had the same talent as Staal. Honestly if Cole was let go I wouldn't have a problem with that especially if he wants 4 million a year. LaRose,Ruutu,Jokinen and Seidenberg those 4 are the players that I want to see resigned the most I can understand signing cole for 2.5 to 3 million a year.

I don't understand what is up with you hating on LaRose he afterall did out perform your boy cole this season and once again no one said that we want a statue of him in front of the RBC center like u said.

LaRose had a good year "for LaRose" but you guys want to pay him top dollar like he is a Malkin, Staal, or for that matter Cole. I want LaRose signed and back on the team but I would not break the bank on him. He is a good player for the role he plays but he isn't the type of player you build a team around nor is he a top six. Much like Jussi he is a player that you can use to plug holes when they come up and that you know he will give it his all when his skates hit the ice.

The statue remark is more from this past season. Two couples that sat next to me for the entire season practically did the Wayne's World "were not worthy" EVERY time LaRose was on the ice but when Staal, Sammy, Cole, or pretty much anyone else was on the ice then all I heard was "he's a bum, he stinks, we need to (insert player name here) trade him". There have also been a couple of message boards locally that worshiped all things Rosie.

In a NHL where Jeff Finger can get $3.5 million in free agency, Chad LaRose could easily fetch $2 million or more in the same market. Just look at a team like Pittsburgh, they'll be in the market for relatively inexpensive top-six wingers. They look at what LaRose was able to do paired with a player like Cullen most of the season, you don't think they'd be interested to see what LaRose could do with Crosby, Malkin, or Staal on his line?

I never said LaRose should get that kind of contract, because I personally don't think he is worth it. However, I do believe someone out there will be enamored enough by his past season to take a chance on him.

Well given Commodore's contract with Columbus you might be right, just wish they would pay me that to sit in the penalty box!! :lol:

LaRose had a good year "for LaRose" but you guys want to pay him top dollar like he is a Malkin, Staal, or for that matter Cole. I want LaRose signed and back on the team but I would not break the bank on him. He is a good player for the role he plays but he isn't the type of player you build a team around nor is he a top six. Much like Jussi he is a player that you can use to plug holes when they come up and that you know he will give it his all when his skates hit the ice.

The statue remark is more from this past season. Two couples that sat next to me for the entire season practically did the Wayne's World "were not worthy" EVERY time LaRose was on the ice but when Staal, Sammy, Cole, or pretty much anyone else was on the ice then all I heard was "he's a bum, he stinks, we need to (insert player name here) trade him". There have also been a couple of message boards locally that worshiped all things Rosie.

lol I like LaRose but not as much as that couple that sits next to you I also have sit next to the people that want to trade Staal and other playes now I find that ridiculous as well. I think that we can agree on this one LaRose skates 110% everytime he hits the ice and he doesn't take a shift off.

Agreed. Some team would pay Larose over $2M, where LaRose plays is strictly in his court. If he opts to test Free Agency (which I heard back in Feb) and doesn't stay wonder if the Rosie lovers will blame JR or understand that LaRose was looking for the big pay day. LaRose talks about being loyal to this organization b/c they took a chance on him when no one else would, now is the time to see if those words hold true.

I like LaRose myself and I think he's the type of guy every team needs, however, I sure as hell wouldn't overpay to keep him when someone else can do his job for the right amount.

JR said he'll give LaRose a raise, my guess is around the $1.5-2M range, it'll then be in LaRose's hands and some team will pay him more than $2M. So it'll come down to his loyalness to the team or the big pay day.

Rosie should definitely earn at least 1.5 mil next season and I could see him getting as high as 2 from us depending on how other signings go, or if Kabs leaves or something. I don't think we have to worry about how much he can get in the market because JR said Cole and Rosie were a priority to sign before July 1st. Cole doesn't excite me much, but I am glad Rosie shouldnt be leaving. Plus even if we couldn't sign LaRose by July why would he leave? He has got to be pretty loyal to us by now, seeing as he was undrafted twice and we were the only team to give him a chance, and he ended up winning a Cup with us.

I think at the end of the day (not literally, not that connected) Rosie will be offered $1.5mil and Cole $2-2.5mil. Not really sure what either player will do about those amounts. would like to see both sign.