The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
Canes-Fan-In-Montreal

Playing GM for the 2009-2010 Season

WHITE +IRISH + NO RHYTHM = CAN'T DANCE ;)

THE CURE

Trip to Eire + Pub & Pint + Traditional Irish music = Foot Tapping in RHYTHM

sl

Mo had no problem pulling him cause he was getting run over and coughing up the puck at very turn. Seids will land on his feet but he'll have to take a 1 yr deal and earn a new contract all over again, he just got forced out here cause of $ and no other underlying issues. Babs seems to be standing all alone on a mountain of underlying issues.

Kabs was odd man out long before the playoffs. He's gone and hasnt ever been the same player since 06, do you really hate the personally or something?

Where in the world do you come up with me hating them persoanally??I never said anything about them in that manner.All i was saying were the same points that you brought up as to whAt happened in the playoffs. I have gone round and round with people on here(mods included) and there has been nothing said by me in quite a while that should bring comments such as yours towards me. Please keep it to hockey talk and leave personal jabs to yourself.

Mo had no problem pulling him cause he was getting run over and coughing up the puck at very turn. Seids will land on his feet but he'll have to take a 1 yr deal and earn a new contract all over again, he just got forced out here cause of $ and no other underlying issues. Babs seems to be standing all alone on a mountain of underlying issues.

Kabs was odd man out long before the playoffs. He's gone and hasnt ever been the same player since 06, do you really hate the personally or something?

I have read a lot of djharley's post and NEVER does he say "I hate ***insert player name here***". He critiques the player based on what he does on the ice and how it affects our game. I could be wrong but I don't think we have any certain member that "HATES" any given player personally, we just expect them to play with no excuses.

Done all that except for the trip part,,lol still doesn't help much ;) (even after many pints!!,) at least to people who can see me..In my own head,,now thats a different story!! :lol:

1) Austin Powers or

2) Napoleon Dynamite???

We will get a great prospect for Babchuk. I don't think JR has every been a fan of trading for draft picks and we certainly haven't had a lot of success past the second round so prospects sound a lot better. Not to mention he already said in that interview Babs would likely be traded soon for prospects. JR couldn't completely destroy the value of a defenseman who was top-20 in the league among all D-men in just about every offensive category with his opinions alone. JR said last friday he hoped to have gotten rid of Kaberle/Babs by early this week, if I were to take a guess I would say it's probably taking longer because he is talking with other teams as we speak. If no teams came forward at this point he would have probably already said he's done and Babs is headed back to Russia. Hopefully it will come soon so we can start talking about our new great prospect instead.

Well, to take the topic to another angle, the Flyers are apparently in talks with Todd Bertuzzi.

That'd be the least surprising signing in the history of the NHL :lol:

Done all that except for the trip part,,lol still doesn't help much ;) (even after many pints!!,) at least to people who can see me..In my own head,,now thats a different story!! :lol:

As a fellow Irishman I understand this as well as anyone. :) If a trip to Ireland isn't in your future I have found

Boston to be a good substitute.

JR said last friday he hoped to have gotten rid of Kaberle/Babs by early this week, if I were to take a guess I would say it's probably taking longer because he is talking with other teams as we speak.

That would be my guess too. Perhaps Babs was part of a bigger trade and JR is still talking before pulling the trigger.

My guess is whatever is going to happen will happen very soon. At least TSA and were told 99% of the board hopes so.

Well, to take the topic to another angle, the Flyers are apparently in talks with Todd Bertuzzi.

I can't think of a better place for him.

As a fellow Irishman I understand this as well as anyone. :) If a trip to Ireland isn't in your future I have found

Boston to be a good substitute.

JR said last friday he hoped to have gotten rid of Kaberle/Babs by early this week, if I were to take a guess I would say it's probably taking longer because he is talking with other teams as we speak.

That would be my guess too. Perhaps Babs was part of a bigger trade and JR is still talking before pulling the trigger.

My guess is whatever is going to happen will happen very soon. At least TSA and were told 99% of the board hopes so.

I can't think of a better place for him.

I stood corrected at 99.9%. ;)

I suspect you're right. While 99% of us may have grown weary of the Babchuk thing, it is about the only piece left. Once that goes down it might get real quite for a while. Still, can't wait to see what happens.

I suspect you're right. While 99% of us may have grown weary of the Babchuk thing, it is about the only piece left. Once that goes down it might get real quite for a while. Still, can't wait to see what happens.

Just to be clear, I completely agree that the one important issue left for JR is what to do with Babchuk but its the constant bickering and re-posting of the same thing just to defend an opinion, or to counter something said that someone else doesnt like thats driving people here crazy.

Carry on....

I also stand corrected and apparently almost alone :unsure:
If 99.9% of us are hopeful that JR gets something done to resolve this situation and you're standing alone, are you hoping the saga continues? :huh:

If 99.9% of us are hopeful that JR gets something done to resolve this situation and you're standing alone, are you hoping the saga continues? :huh:

NO! The sooner this gets done the better. If we are still talking about it in September I'm going to Russia. :lol:

I thought it was 99.9% didn't want to talk about it anymore.

NO! The sooner this gets done the better. If we are still talking about it in September I'm going to Russia. :lol:

No, LOL, see my post 4 above ;)

I thought this was supposed to be resolved by early this week? I'm getting impatient, and mostly just want this to be done with. I'm still hoping we can ship Babs off for a defensive prospect, I have been looking at a few and here are some that I would have my eye on if I were JR.

Cody Goloubef - Columbus. Sees the game very well, especially on offense, and is not too shabby on defense either. Columbus is in desperate need of a puck moving defenseman and will hopefully buy the fact that Babchuk can be one.

Chris Summers - Phoenix. He is projected to be a very good stay at home defenseman, who could possibly develop a decent offensive game. Phoenix has a decent enough defense already, but I'm sure they could use a guy like Babchuk.

I'm not sure if either team would be willing to do a trade involving Babs for one of these players, I just mainly wanted something to think about since no news has been mentioned recently.

This might seem kind of out there but if I'm JR I'd call up Ray Shero of the Pens and see if Janne Pesonen is available. We need more Finns.

I find the whole Babchuk saga very entertaining. Only move so far by Jr I don't like, mainly from the perspective we won't likely receive enough in return. But, it will be fun to bring this back up from time to time, because I plan on keeping my eye on him, unless of course, he opts for Russia. :blink:

I find the whole Babchuk saga very entertaining. Only move so far by Jr I don't like, mainly from the perspective we won't likely receive enough in return. But, it will be fun to bring this back up from time to time, because I plan on keeping my eye on him, unless of course, he opts for Russia. :blink:

This does make it more interesting and more annoying, but more interesting none-the-less largely because it seems so unlike JR. I have heard him make negative comments about players (questioned Hamilton's work ethic), but it just seems generally unlike him to let it get this far. Seems like Babchuk has pushed him farther than anyone else has in terms of off ice issues causing JR to be utterly fed up.

This apparent level of distain from JR raises the possibility of just letting Babchuk go back to Russia, not so much to stick it to him, but under the idea that "I am not going to take less than market value for your sorry butt, even if it means just letting you go entirely."

There is simply no way that based purely on his on ice performance he was let go. Yes, he had some issues with turnovers, but 15 goals and still a relatively inexperienced NHL dman would have left him on the roster and allowed more moves up front. But JR is so done with him that he went out and picked up 2 defenseman. The intrigue is what led to this, what is JR going to do, who do we get back, will it be part of a bigger trade, and the fact that not much remains to talk about.

This does make it more interesting and more annoying, but more interesting none-the-less largely because it seems so unlike JR. I have heard him make negative comments about players (questioned Hamilton's work ethic), but it just seems generally unlike him to let it get this far. Seems like Babchuk has pushed him farther than anyone else has in terms of off ice issues causing JR to be utterly fed up.

This apparent level of distain from JR raises the possibility of just letting Babchuk go back to Russia, not so much to stick it to him, but under the idea that "I am not going to take less than market value for your sorry butt, even if it means just letting you go entirely."

There is simply no way that based purely on his on ice performance he was let go. Yes, he had some issues with turnovers, but 15 goals and still a relatively inexperienced NHL dman would have left him on the roster and allowed more moves up front. But JR is so done with him that he went out and picked up 2 defenseman. The intrigue is what led to this, what is JR going to do, who do we get back, will it be part of a bigger trade, and the fact that not much remains to talk about.

The problem here is that JR is right. Anyone else realize that the rest of the league caught on pretty quickly on not letting Babs get his shot off from the right point? I mean everytime he got the puck in that area he had at least two people clog the shooting lane and basically he couldn't get that bomb of a shot through...offensively he was a one trick pony. Take away his offense and he becomes a huge liability that is worth maybe $1.2 million a year, but not a penny more. If he improves defensively and develops another weapon then he is worth $2+, but not until then.

His past actions haven't endeared himself to JR and this was pretty much the breaking point. He thinks he is worth more than he REALLY is. I side with JR.

The lowest salary of any defenseman close to him in the goal category this past season was $4.1 million, so Babchuk IS worth more than $1.2 million. I just hope that Rutherford gets some type of asset in return for him, whether it be a draft pick or prospect.