The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
Canes-Fan-In-Montreal

Playing GM for the 2009-2010 Season

Well, I think that depends on where you plan on sticking Jokinen. You wanted him at center, others might want him to stay at wing.

Basically, Staal, Ruutu, Whitney, Cullen and Cole are going to be in the Top 6 for sure. K-stop, Walker, Samsonov and Brindamour are going to be in the bottom six for sure. LaRose and Jokinen could switch back and forth, depending on how they perform.

I don't mind Jokinen skating wing but don't know where you put him with the current roster. I do like him at center but I would move him up to second line between Samsonov and Rutuu and drop Cullen down between LaRose and Walker. That puts Brindy on fourth line between Conboy and K-stop.

If we do trade for or sign a center Jokinen goes to wing unless we dump a center. If we trade or sign a winger he stays at center and we dump a winger. But who do we dump. If we get a decent winger I don't think Conboy's salary is enough.

Well, I think that depends on where you plan on sticking Jokinen. You wanted him at center, others might want him to stay at wing.

Basically, Staal, Ruutu, Whitney, Cullen and Cole are going to be in the Top 6 for sure. K-stop, Walker, Samsonov and Brindamour are going to be in the bottom six for sure. LaRose and Jokinen could switch back and forth, depending on how they perform.

I don't mind Jokinen skating wing but don't know where you put him with the current roster. I do like him at center but I would move him up to second line between Samsonov and Rutuu and drop Cullen down between LaRose and Walker. That puts Brindy on fourth line between Conboy and K-stop.

If we do trade for or sign a center Jokinen goes to wing unless we dump a center. If we trade or sign a winger he stays at center and we dump a winger. But who do we dump. If we get a decent winger I don't think Conboy's salary is enough.

Yes, and my money is on Jokinen for the third line center position, based upon his performance in the playoffs and Brindy's question marks. JR has to be thinking the same thing. No? Edit to say I do need to remind myself someone has to replace better than a 60% faceoff win average.

That's the beauty of the Juice Man, his versatility. My gut tells me that we get more out of him on the wing, but that is saying Brindy is in the top 9.

The problem with that is it leaves a gap at the 1st line winger. I just don't see us picking up that sort of player. We don't have the cap space to sign one, and anything we trade will either leave a gap at another position or we'll trade away our future. It's much easier to pick up or call up a 4th line center than it is to grab a 1st line winger.

I was thinking we'd keep the lines pretty much the same as last year. Cole-Staal-Ruutu, Whitney-Cullen-LaRose, Samsonov-Brindamour-Jokinen, K-stop-?-Walker. They worked out last year, no need to fix something that isn't broke

The problem with that is it leaves a gap at the 1st line winger. I just don't see us picking up that sort of player. We don't have the cap space to sign one, and anything we trade will either leave a gap at another position or we'll trade away our future. It's much easier to pick up or call up a 4th line center than it is to grab a 1st line winger.

I was thinking we'd keep the lines pretty much the same as last year. Cole-Staal-Ruutu, Whitney-Cullen-LaRose, Samsonov-Brindamour-Jokinen, K-stop-?-Walker. They worked out last year, no need to fix something that isn't broke

I think Ryan deserves the job of x.

I think Ryan deserves the job of x.

Ryan's a good choice. He did well in the games he played last season, and it would keep some of our more highly touted prospects in the AHL. The only problem I could see is that if he plays with K-stop and Walker, his speed couldn't be used to the fullest. The kid's got some serious wheels on him, if I remember correctly.

I can't argue with that. Not easy to find or afford a top line winger. Do we have the cap space and money left to get a fourth line center with out dumping a salary? More important can Brindy skate

3rd line minutes?

I can't argue with that. Not easy to find or afford a top line winger. Do we have the cap space and money left to get a fourth line center with out dumping a salary? More important can Brindy skate

3rd line minutes?

How about substitute Malhotra in place of Brindy and put Brindy in place of your question mark? Not too shabby?

How about substitute Malhotra in place of Brindy and put Brindy in place of your question mark? Not too shabby?

Only if Brindamour can't play on the 3rd line. I think he's given the organization enough to have a say in which line he feels he can play at.

IF Sutter has put on some bulk I think that he is capable of playing this year. I thought he was good positionally last year but just did not have the mass to check and keep from getting knocked off the puck.

agreed.

Per Spector:

CALGARY HERALD: Vicki Hall reports former Flames forward Todd Bertuzzi hasn't received a call from the club in three months and understands he doesn't fit into their plans. He expects to land with an Eastern Conference team south of the border, saying he's had talks with three teams, and dismissed speculation he could reunite with Brian Burke, who is now GM of the Toronto Maple Leafs.

SPECTOR'S NOTE: The Red Wings and Lightning could be two potential destinations for Bertuzzi.

Only if Brindamour can't play on the 3rd line. I think he's given the organization enough to have a say in which line he feels he can play at.

Agreed, I'm certainly not suggesting otherwise. I wear the man's jersey. Just pondering possibilites I guess, given he might not be able to continue to play third line minutes.

After readin alot of people's supposed line ups for the team, I've noticed that I havent seen Conboys name in any of them. Isnt he on a 1 way contract next season? Or were most people counting on him as being the 7th defensemen?

After readin alot of people's supposed line ups for the team, I've noticed that I havent seen Conboys name in any of them. Isnt he on a 1 way contract next season? Or were most people counting on him as being the 7th defensemen?

I think most are looking at him as the 13th forward at this point. At the NHL level, he's basically restricted to forward, even though he plays defense in the AHL. He also won't be playing Center, and with Kostopolous and Walker penciled in on the 4th line already, he's pushed down to the 13th forward slot.

I think they will end up putting Conboy on waivers and send him down to the AHL.

I think they will end up putting Conboy on waivers and send him down to the AHL.

Not until they sign another couple of players and need a roster spot.

Thats what usually gets me into trouble on here.

not having a cup of coffee before i post usually does it for me. if i try and post before finishing at least half a cup in the morning usually gets me warned by a mod.

Conboys position on this team is "cheap roster spot", "hang out in press box", and "versatile forward / defenseman replacement if someone gets hurt." He plays all three positions marvelously.

Conboys position on this team is "cheap roster spot", "hang out in press box", and "versatile forward / defenseman replacement if someone gets hurt." He plays all three positions marvelously.

I don't know how many times I have to offer my services as the "healty scratch". I'll sign for the league minimum. J.R. wants to get bigger and meaner, well, I'm 6'3" tall and 220 lbs of "big ol' hairy American winning machine" that get's mean when I run out of beer. I'm old enough to make Brindy feel younger. I'll be a good team player and not make a fuss about not playing. I'll even run errands. Dry cleaning; I'll pick it up. Dog needs walking; done.

I don't know how many times I have to offer my services as the "healty scratch". I'll sign for the league minimum. J.R. wants to get bigger and meaner, well, I'm 6'3" tall and 220 lbs of "big ol' hairy American winning machine" that get's mean when I run out of beer. I'm old enough to make Brindy feel younger. I'll be a good team player and not make a fuss about not playing. I'll even run errands. Dry cleaning; I'll pick it up. Dog needs walking; done.

SuperDave (n): Professional Wingman.