The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
Canes-Fan-In-Montreal

Playing GM for the 2009-2010 Season

I'd hope not, but despite the Rangers not always being that great playing in Madison Square Garden can be a perk in it's own right.

A lot of TV exposure, commercial opportunity and a fun town. If you can make it...oh never mind!

I think he wants to play for the Rangers and cut a deal for them given thier cap room honestly. I dont see him just signing for 1.1 anywhere when he just left that poophole of a Lightning team.

He was bought out by Tampa so they are still paying a big chunk of his salary. If he wasn't still getting paid by Tampa he never would have signed for 1.1M, not even with the Rangers.

Is a bit surprising he signed there, guess he wants to tell Tort's to shove it up his butt again :lol:

He was bought out by Tampa so they are still paying a big chunk of his salary. If he wasn't still getting paid by Tampa he never would have signed for 1.1M, not even with the Rangers.

Is a bit surprising he signed there, guess he wants to tell Tort's to shove it up his butt again :lol:

Nice signing even if Tampa is paying part of the freight. As Legend pointed out playing in The City does have its advantages even with Tort's in the equation.

Nice signing even if Tampa is paying part of the freight. As Legend pointed out playing in The City does have its advantages even with Tort's in the equation.

Torts might be abrasive but its interesting to see the difference in the Lightning Post-Torts.

Who knows maybe he....liked him.... :mellow:

Carried over from the Yelle thread...will we be eligible for revenue sharing?

I'm guessing not because they go by the cap number and not salary. Our cap is 55mil, so we don't have much room there. I never heard the exact number we need to be under to qualify, but at this point I don't think we will.

Actually, if I read the CBA correctly (no guarantee), eligibility is based on the previous year's revenue (there are 2 other criteria but we definitely qualify on those). There are also some performance requirements (revenue growth and attendance) that can affect whether the team gets a full share or proportion. After that, the amount is based on theoretical compensation, all keyed to revenue percentages, not the cap or even actual payroll.

It has been stated in the past that we rely on revenue sharing, so I doubt they would pass that up. In the end, there's no way of knowing unless a team rep says so, and they aren't exactly anxious to do so.

Carried over from the Yelle thread...will we be eligible for revenue sharing?

Actually, if I read the CBA correctly (no guarantee), eligibility is based on the previous year's revenue (there are 2 other criteria but we definitely qualify on those). There are also some performance requirements (revenue growth and attendance) that can affect whether the team gets a full share or proportion. After that, the amount is based on theoretical compensation, all keyed to revenue percentages, not the cap or even actual payroll.

It has been stated in the past that we rely on revenue sharing, so I doubt they would pass that up. In the end, there's no way of knowing unless a team rep says so, and they aren't exactly anxious to do so.

Well that makes much more sense. I haven't looked up on it at all, but I had in my mind it had something to do with the cap. Looking at it that way, I'd say we'll be fine qualifying for it, as I'm sure the franchise wouldn't do anything to hurt our chances because we do rely on it.

Has anyone heard anything on Bayda? My guess is he gets on someone elses fourth line but I would LOVE to have him back for more depth.

Bayda was offered a two way deal by us but declined and went searching for a one way deal. I think the two way deal is still on the table but not certain.

Bayda was offered a two way deal by us but declined and went searching for a one way deal. I think the two way deal is still on the table but not certain.

Bayda on a two way would make great sense for us. Depth for injuries or if Brindy doesn't pan out. Bayda on a one way not so much with the recent signings on the 4th line. With Walker already on the 4th line, there just isn't room for Bayda unless we have injuries. If he doesn't get that one way, I bet we get him back at some point. Despite our forward depth he is a known commodity here and will see time with inevitable injuries, where with another organization he would be fighting for recognition from the minors.

Update on Babchuk's situation, from N&O/Chip: http://blogs.newsobserver.com/canes/babchuk-changes-agents' target="_blank">Babchuk changes agents[/post]

"Rutherford said the Canes still are pursuing a trade involving Babchuk, saying, "Ideally, we're looking at picking up a young defenseman.""

Kind of a shame that it comes down to this. It will have to be a pretty good prospect for us to end up on the good side of this one.

One wonders if a new agent would make a difference from our side, or if the problem is Babchuk himself. One also wonders how I can work in a plug for a first line winger....

Kind of a shame that it comes down to this. It will have to be a pretty good prospect for us to end up on the good side of this one.

One wonders if a new agent would make a difference from our side, or if the problem is Babchuk himself. One also wonders how I can work in a plug for a first line winger....

You just did, nice job. :lol:

One wonders if a new agent would make a difference from our side, or if the problem is Babchuk himself.

The problem could also be JR. Either asking too much for Babchuk, or (and this is a stretch. Fair warning) simply icing Babchuk. Publicly say you're looking for a trade, but refuse to take any calls involving Babchuk, thus forcing Babs out if he wants to play. Wouldn't be the first time he's done something like this.

The problem could also be JR. Either asking too much for Babchuk, or (and this is a stretch. Fair warning) simply icing Babchuk. Publicly say you're looking for a trade, but refuse to take any calls involving Babchuk, thus forcing Babs out if he wants to play. Wouldn't be the first time he's done something like this.

Please do tell.

Please do tell.

Irbe ring a bell? Guy goes from this:

022504_irbeCover.jpg

To this:

slapshot.jpg

Because of a contract dispute with JR. There's a reason JR rarely goes to arbitration. The players know he's got no problem bringing out their dirty laundry, and if JR thinks he's overpaying, he'll correct it, one way or another.