The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
Canes-Fan-In-Montreal

Playing GM for the 2009-2010 Season

Chip Alexander seems to think Manny Legace could be the replacement. He isnt one to make guesses like that. Leads me to believe that he has inside info either from the off season or now that dealt with Legace.

Something about this whole situation doesnt add up. First they say Ward is fine and will only be out 3-4 weeks. Then there is a rumor that JR might sign another goaltender and that Ward actually had surgery and thats why he is still in the hospital. Lets hope it trully is just a muscle issue.

I'm not sure why JR would even consider another goaltender. He must still think we can pull this season together. That and he has NO faith in Leighton. My guess is that Ward will be out for much longer than 3-4 weeks and/or they are just looking for someone to replace Leights.

Not that this necessarily means anything, but Spector states that the day Mo was fired last time his sources told him that Mo's job was safe. Also, if you remember before Lavi was fired, JR said Lavi wasnt going anywhere. So for those of us baffled by his refusal to criticize Mo, dont fret. This is normal for JR.

Chip Alexander seems to think Manny Legace could be the replacement. He isnt one to make guesses like that. Leads me to believe that he has inside info either from the off season or now that dealt with Legace.

Something about this whole situation doesnt add up. First they say Ward is fine and will only be out 3-4 weeks. Then there is a rumor that JR might sign another goaltender and that Ward actually had surgery and thats why he is still in the hospital. Lets hope it trully is just a muscle issue.

I'm not sure why JR would even consider another goaltender. He must still think we can pull this season together. That and he has NO faith in Leighton. My guess is that Ward will be out for much longer than 3-4 weeks and/or they are just looking for someone to replace Leights.

Not that this necessarily means anything, but Spector states that the day Mo was fired last time his sources told him that Mo's job was safe. Also, if you remember before Lavi was fired, JR said Lavi wasnt going anywhere. So for those of us baffled by his refusal to criticize Mo, dont fret. This is normal for JR.

Actually it makes perfect sense.  They are trying to keep quiet all of the info on Ward's injury so they can negotiate to bring in another goalie.  They don't want to sound incredibly desperate and come out saying Ward will be out for 2 months.  3-4 weeks sounds much better.  Ward will have to go through physical therapy when he gets back to stretch the muscle out and get his flexibility back, and that will take at least another month on top of the healing time for the cut. 

According to Spector " multiple sources" claim Cullen could end up in Chicago most likely for prospects or picks. The Hawks would be able to take on his salary by having several players on long term injured reserve.

According to Spector " multiple sources" claim Cullen could end up in Chicago most likely for prospects or picks. The Hawks would be able to take on his salary by having several players on long term injured reserve.
Yeah, I assume he means Cullen. Mark Cullen.

Tim Sassone reports Blackhawks GM Stan Bowman is believedseeking depth at center and multiple sources claim he's eyeing CarolinaHurricanes center Mark Cullen

Greetings from Vancouver.

I have a proposal. Since your team is rebuilding, what will it cost to get Eric Staal?

My Proposal

To Carolina Hurricanes
Alex Burrows
Jannik Hansen
Jordan Schroeder
1st Round Pick in 2010
3rd Round Pick in 2010

To Vancouver Canucks
Eric Staal

I have a proposal. Since your team is rebuilding, what will it cost to get Eric Staal?

My Proposal

To Carolina Hurricanes

Alex Burrows

Jannik Hansen

Jordan Schroeder

1st Round Pick in 2010

3rd Round Pick in 2010

To Vancouver Canucks

Eric Staal

Don't know those players, so i wont comment on the deal. But if we did trade staal, then the fans will riot. Jim Rutherford will become a marked man in Raleigh.

Plus, our team history shows that the Canes play as Staal plays. If staal is on fire, then we are generally on fire too. In the playoffs last year, we won all but 1 or 2 games (one was Game 4 Pitt) in which he scored a goal. So JR will never trade Staal unless he is certain to get someone good in return.

Or he wants to get fired.

P.S.- What is the status of the Seden twin with the injury? Thanks, and welcome to our boards

[quote name='ebhughes wrote:

Astra']

My Proposal

To Carolina Hurricanes

Alex Burrows

Jannik Hansen

Jordan Schroeder

1st Round Pick in 2010

3rd Round Pick in 2010

To Vancouver Canucks

Eric Staal

Don't know those players, so i wont comment on the deal. But if we did trade staal, then the fans will riot. Jim Rutherford will become a marked man in Raleigh.

Plus, our team history shows that the Canes play as Staal plays. If staal is on fire, then we are generally on fire too. In the playoffs last year, we won all but 1 or 2 games (one was Game 4 Pitt) in which he scored a goal. So JR will never trade Staal unless he is certain to get someone good in return.

Or he wants to get fired.

P.S.- What is the status of the Seden twin with the injury? Thanks, and welcome to our boards

Daniel Sedin could be back this Friday vs. the Avalanche. His brother Henrik leads the team in scoring with 23 points.

Thanks for the friendly reception.

My Proposal

To Carolina Hurricanes

Alex Burrows

Jannik Hansen

Jordan Schroeder

1st Round Pick in 2010

3rd Round Pick in 2010

To Vancouver Canucks

Eric Staal

Greetings from North Kakalaki!

How about to Hurricanes:  Kesler, Diemetra, and Burrows, and a first round pick in 2010 and 2011.

To Vancouver:  Rod Brind'amour, Stephane Yelle, and Aaron Ward plus the first shot at Anton Babchuk if he comes back from Russia.

[quote name='coastal_caniac wrote:

Astra']

My Proposal

To Carolina Hurricanes

Alex Burrows

Jannik Hansen

Jordan Schroeder

1st Round Pick in 2010

3rd Round Pick in 2010

To Vancouver Canucks

Eric Staal

How about to Hurricanes:  Kesler, Diemetra, and Burrows, and a first round pick in 2010 and 2011.

To Vancouver:  Rod Brind'amour, Stephane Yelle, and Aaron Ward plus the first shot at Anton Babchuk if he comes back from Russia.

Darn coastal, how can you make that offer without including Wallin and Conboy?

[quote name='super-dave-1 wrote:

coastal_caniac wrote:

Astra']

My Proposal

To Carolina Hurricanes

Alex Burrows

Jannik Hansen

Jordan Schroeder

1st Round Pick in 2010

3rd Round Pick in 2010

To Vancouver Canucks

Eric Staal

Wallin has a NTC, not sure why he didn't mention Conboy.

[quote name='caniac-97 wrote:

super-dave-1 wrote:

coastal_caniac']Greetings from North Kakalaki!

You duffus, I know Wallin has a NTC.  If we are able to move the rest of these guys, I guess we can make Nicky's NTC dissappear too.

[quote name='super-dave-1 wrote:

caniac-97 wrote:

super-dave-1']Darn coastal, how can you make that offer without including Wallin and Conboy?

You duffus, I know Wallin has a NTC.  If we are able to move the rest of these guys, I guess we can make Nicky's NTC disappear too.good point plus pigs would fly!! LOL  and Cam would be average at best.

In the absence of any moves by the GM and given a slow day I thought it was time to play GM again.   If I was Gm the first move I would make is to move MO into the front office. I would make Rowe interim head coach leaving Francis and McCarthy with Rowe behind the bench. This buys me some time and I don't have to pay big to bring in another coach.

I build my team around Staal & Cole,  Sutter & Ruutu,  Jokinen,  Kostopoulos and bring Boychuk up.  Defense I keep Gleason and Corvo bring Rodney up. Goal will be Ward and Legace.  If I can keep Samsonov I do but only if I could skate him with Staal or Sutter. If not get what you can for him.

I trade Pitkanen. I don't think he wants to be here. Most important he would bring the most in return.

I trade Cullen. He appears to be in demand.

Whitney..I would hate to give Ray up but again he should net a good return and I think at this point he would agree to a trade.

The others would have to be bundled and we would probable have to trade some of our prospects to make a deal worthwhile .

If that's the deal Rutherford makes (Staal and draft pick for Cogliano and Grebeshkov), it will become abundantly clear just where the true problem with this franchise lies. Edmonton is a bad team that just lost their best player to injury, yet they consider Cogliano and Grebeshkov expendable. Are these really the type of players you want in return for your franchise center?

Guy is never right. Well I will give it to him that he is right about 1% of the time. IF THIS HAPPENS I WILL NEVER ROOT FOR THE CANES AGAIN.

Guy is never right. Well I will give it to him that he is right about 1% of the time. IF THIS HAPPENS I WILL NEVER ROOT FOR THE CANES AGAIN.

that is still a higher percentage than most of us on the board.  Give the man credit for at least putting stuff out there, how many here would take the time to setup a web site and pa-ruse the NHL for rumors??

Apparently Boston has Michael Ryder on the trade block. Whitney and A. Ward for Ryder and a pick? Possible? Is Ryder's salary too high? It is high, but after the Hurricanes dump all of the salary they are planning to (Ward, Walker, Yelle, Brindy.. already dumped Wallin's), I think its a salary we would be able to handle.. I dunno..just throwing stuff out there.