The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
its-staal-good-num-12

Player Sightings

Ok...I'm leaving the Target at North Hills tonight and I am stopped in the parking lot underneath the garage directly in front of the store and who do I see coming down the escalator and walking into the Target? Eric Staal and his wife. I almost drove my car through the storefront! I wanted to park the car and go back inside but something told me to let him be. That made my whole weekend! ;):D

mmm i wonder where im going to be spending most of my time now :D

hahahaha

Right after Eric Staal got drafted in '03, I saw him at Crabtree Valley Mall infront of Abercrombie and Fitch talking on his phone

and I go "MOM, ITS ERIC STAAL"

and he looked and smiled...hes been my favorite ever since then :)

I will be seeing all of them . . . . at practice tomorrow! Does that count??? :P

No! It has to be out in the community at a non-Canes event!!!

Speaking of, does anyone know which player drives the black Cadillac Escalade? He didn't play in the game on Friday and was one of the first players out and in his car. I saw him pull out of the RBC Center and then he pulled up next to me at the light at Edwards Mill and Duraleigh. I was turning left, he was going straight. I looked over at him, smiled and waved. He waved back but it was hard to see him with the tinted glass.

I've seen Aaron Ward at Lowe's in Cary several times and at Golden Corral (believe it or not).

Justin Williams at Damon's (bought his whole table a beer and told the waitress not to tell them who did it).

Glen Wesley on the beltline for a split second, that Hummer was in the wind. :lol:

Coach Lavi was beside me at the stoplight once. I had my flags on the van, he waved.

Commie and Boulerice going by 42nd Street Oyster Bar a while back.

I don't bother the players if I see them in public. Except one of the times I saw Aaron at Lowe's...I was behind him in line (wearing a Cole t shirt). He said "Canes fan huh?" I said "Yeah, and you need to come back." He grinned and said "Well, you never know." It was great. :lol:

well my friends dad is pretty good friends with nic wallin, my friend even got to ride in the cars with him during the celebration at the RBC center if you can remember that.

hes also come to one of my soccer games i think, but that was mostly because my friend and his dad were there too haha

A girl I work with ran in to a bunch of players after practice on the 14th at the Whole Foods on Wade Avenue. She was on her lunch break and Nic Wallin, Johnny Grahame, Tim Gleason, Justin Wlliams, and one of the new guys were in there eating.

Someone else from work said she saw Commodore at Crabtree Mall Thursday night.

Hi!

I'm MVP and I'm new here, but anyways, I saw Nic Wallin at food lion lsat week. He just about ran me over and mutters excuse me with a swedish accent and I'm like NIC WALLIN! I didn't say anything to him though. he looked frazzled.

Saw Lavi at a Durham Bulls game this year. His family sat in front of us, which was cool.

I also saw pretty much the entire team at the Ale House in Cary after the party at the RBC Center after winning the cup! Now that was super cool! B)

My husband and stepfather got to do some work at Wallin and Lavi's houses. Wallin was fasinated with the machines that did work in his yard. I got to talk to Wallin on the phone before the work was done to let him knw what was going on. He was a little hard to understand, but it was pretty cool to get to talk to him. I didn't let him know I knew who he was though.

Lavi wasn't home, but his wife was and they said she was very very nice..and pretty too :D

I saw Bates Battaglia at the CNN hotel in Atlanta of all places. Also, Glen Wesley came to my old HS and did a little speech. I was standing there with him in the library before he did his speech but I was too nervous to say anything. I saw Kapanen at Dream Sports center at one of my brothers hockey games. This was right after we traded him. His son was playing opposite of my little brother. My brother is a goalie and kept smoking Kapanen's son (who is very fast just like his father). We got Sami's autograph after the game and he told my little brother that he was the best goalie his age that he had seen... He likes the brag about that.

I see several of the guys around town. Just nice guys and always friendly. I never approach them just to make conversation. I do make a point to speak to Glen & Barb when I see them. Their daughter and my younger son were on the same soccer team for two seasons.

I can verify that Staal shops at that Target. He bought his tree there last Christmas(I saw him walking in the store from my super vantage point in Starbucks!) Other 'Canes that have shopped there include: Roddy comes in quite a bit, Erik Cole a few times, Pete Freisen, Matt Cullen, Andrew Ladd, Cam Ward, former 'Cane Andrew Hutchinson, and I'm sure more! I as well do not bother the players while they are there shopping. Enough of the guests are rude and bombard them with autograph requests and questions and they have a hard enough time getting out the door, so please don't stalk them there! ;)

No! It has to be out in the community at a non-Canes event!!!

Speaking of, does anyone know which player drives the black Cadillac Escalade? He didn't play in the game on Friday and was one of the first players out and in his car. I saw him pull out of the RBC Center and then he pulled up next to me at the light at Edwards Mill and Duraleigh. I was turning left, he was going straight. I looked over at him, smiled and waved. He waved back but it was hard to see him with the tinted glass.

Cam Ward now has a black escalade. He lives not too far from the RBC center.