The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
its-staal-good-num-12

Player Sightings

yeah...we were at a practice and he stopped loading up his minivan to sign for kids, mine too...real nice, real down to earth. Walks was driving a mini-van too. It's cool to relate on at least one level with them. Our family is watching Dancing with the Stars too for that very same reason.

Yeah, one of the times I was there I was coming back in the front door after the practice and there was a minivan parked right in front of the doors. Someone was coming out, so I held the door open for them, and she thanks me as she passes. Here it was Kristi loading up their kids. That was pretty cool. :)

They really won over my family that day. Bret was very friendly and chit-chatted with my parents a little bit, and it was great watching him out on the ice skating with his daughters. They seemed like a very down to earth couple, and it's gotten my whole family to watch Dancing With the Stars just to watch Kristi and spot Bret in the audience.

not my personal story, but my roomate works at David O'neal Jeep on Capitol Blvd. in the service department. The same mini van that you all keep talking aboutScott Walker driving is the new chrysler which he spent closer to 70k on just to have EVERYTHING.

anyway, something was wrong with the mini-van and it was going to have to spend a week in the shop. the dealership people thinking SOOO clearly wanted to put him into a crossfire or something. my roomate said Walker was pretty mad how they handled getting his car taken care of, and they're idea of making him drive his kids around in the smallest car in the world. my roomate said he knew it was one of the canes but he would never known "who" scotty walker was because of how short he is off skates. I let him know that he was actually one of our enforcers, so to speak.

i'm pretty sure we had our first player sighting about 30 minutes ago. Chad LaRose walked right past us at Krogers on Creedmoor & Lynn Rd. We were walking out at the same time as him too and he got into a sleek black mercedes benz. took off up Lynn Rd towards Ray Rd....

yeah when we were in raleigh for the canes-sabres game back in march and chad larose drove past us

=================================================================

edit

here is a photo of ray at the dancing with the stars off of kristi's official site

its a picture of kristi and apolo but ray is in the background

(from her official site)

14.jpg

Fellow Olympians, Kristi and Apolo Ohno at the 100th DWTS Show Party

he's in the back right just standing there lol

LOL I was telling my sister that Ray was there and she is like "Okay I will look for him" I was like "No, no..if you look for Ray, he is so tiny you will never spot him. Look for Bret" :lol::lol:

That's who I looked for when Heather texted me and said he was there beside Bret. :lol:

Talking about Larose.. not long ago i saw Chad working out at Lifetime Fitness, and i actually talked him about last nights CAR-FLA game, it was before the ASG..

Aren't you going to miss that when you move to Cali? :P

I work at a local Kroger grocery store . I've been there for over a year and a half and some of the older employees have told me that a few of the Canes shop there on a regular basis. I had never seen them there until this past tuesday. I thought i recognized Erik Cole as he got in my line but i wasnt sure till he paid with a credit card and it had his name on the receipt.

Other than him i've heard that Hedican and Kristi come in quite often (well they used to at least) and that Whitney comes in every now and then.

Bunch of us went out Monday night to N. Raleigh for last drinks before going back to work. Who was there? alot of the hurricanes team. We were sitting beside "the wives" table, but still within 5 feet of "the players" table. Who all was there? Cory Stillman, Ray Whitney, BAtes Bataglia, Craig Adams, Bret Hedican, Kristi Y, Eric STaal, Erik Cole, Justin Williams, and a few other players from other teams that I recognized, but couldn't name.

troyandjustinwilliamscarolinahurric.jpg

TroyandRayWhitneyandCoryStillman.jpg

TroyandEricStaalandErikColecarolina.jpg

Bunch of us went out Monday night to N. Raleigh for last drinks before going back to work. Who was there? alot of the hurricanes team. We were sitting beside "the wives" table, but still within 5 feet of "the players" table. Who all was there? Cory Stillman, Ray Whitney, BAtes Bataglia, Craig Adams, Bret Hedican, Kristi Y, Eric STaal, Erik Cole, Justin Williams, and a few other players from other teams that I recognized, but couldn't name.

troyandjustinwilliamscarolinahurric.jpg

TroyandRayWhitneyandCoryStillman.jpg

TroyandEricStaalandErikColecarolina.jpg

Green with envy :P You rock dude! Did you tell them all we said Hi and love ya? :rolleyes:

Last tuesday I went to get my hair cut, and when I walk in I see Glen Wesley. His hair looked really good, and someone who worked there was helping him pick out hair products. I really wanted to go up and be like "PLEASE DON'T RETIRE" but I=queen of wimps so I didn't. He did notice me staring however and smiled at me before he walked out. :] It pretty much made my day.

I went skating at The Factory Ice House this evening. In the parking lot going in, I battled Corey Stillman for a parking spot. I didn't realize it was him until I was lugging my gear out of my trunk and he walked by me. I loked at him and smiled and said hello. He smiled back and walked in with his wife and kids. Me and my friend get into the ice house and while we are waiting to sign up for stick & puck, we look over and there is Rod Brind'Amour standing there talking to one of his sons. There were tryouts for all of the Junior Hurricanes so I am sure their kids were all trying out.

To the guy who ran into all the players at the bar in N. Raleigh...AWESOME!!! I would have loved to run into Eric Staal!!

I went skating at The Factory Ice House this evening. In the parking lot going in, I battled Corey Stillman for a parking spot. I didn't realize it was him until I was lugging my gear out of my trunk and he walked by me. I loked at him and smiled and said hello. He smiled back and walked in with his wife and kids. Me and my friend get into the ice house and while we are waiting to sign up for stick & puck, we look over and there is Rod Brind'Amour standing there talking to one of his sons. There were tryouts for all of the Junior Hurricanes so I am sure their kids were all trying out.

To the guy who ran into all the players at the bar in N. Raleigh...AWESOME!!! I would have loved to run into Eric Staal!!

I was at stick and puck in wake forest at 5:45 to 6:45 too. didn't see any of them. that sucks, I would have gotten cory to sign something.

I was at stick and puck in wake forest at 5:45 to 6:45 too. didn't see any of them. that sucks, I would have gotten cory to sign something.

You were on the wrong sheet of ice ;) .

AA try-outs end Sunday, final session is in the morning.

My first player sighting.

I work at target and I was near electronics doing some work and I see someone who looked like Cam Ward walking around. So I go up to the guy working there who I know is a hockey fan and ask him "is that Cam Ward?" come to find out looks like he was shopping for a father's day card with his wife. Didn't talk to him though.

My first player sighting.

I work at target and I was near electronics doing some work and I see someone who looked like Cam Ward walking around. So I go up to the guy working there who I know is a hockey fan and ask him "is that Cam Ward?" come to find out looks like he was shopping for a father's day card with his wife. Didn't talk to him though.

I really need to move to the Raleigh area!

According to a friend of mine who works at a bagel store in Raleigh, Staal likes to stop by and get bagels. I work about a mile away at a pharmacy and haven't seen any of them yet though.

i'm in charlotte right now, can't be that big of a difference. plus i could actually go to games and not worry about spending more money on gas than i would the tickets...