The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
its-staal-good-num-12

Player Sightings

Frankie Kaberle walked in front of my car at the RecZone a week or so ago, and I told him I promised not to run him over, does that count?

So i guess its your fault he is still playing!!! :angry:

What kind of fan are you anyways!!! ;):lol: just kidding of course!!!!sort of :rolleyes::lol:

Well, I met Ruutu at the Canes Corner thing. I guess that is a Canes-related thing, though. It was quite funny. Such a happy guy! He's been my absolute favorite ever since then. I was a little star-struck (if you can call him a 'star') because it was *gasp* a freaking Hurricane with normal clothes on and his hair wasn't slicked back because of a post-game shower (I will admit, he looked adorable). I asked him for a picture and he put his arm around me and my friend turned on my camera and of course the camera messed up and turned off, so we were sitting there waiting for my friend to fix it. xD Lot's of smart comments were made by Mike Manascalco during that time. Finally my friend took the picture and Mike said to Tuomo, "You are aware that it was just a plot so that she could Staal time while your arm was around her." :lol: It was funny and just made his smile become bigger, which I wasn't sure was possible.

I also remember being really little and standing outside with my parents after one of the games and I had this friend in my class who always claimed that he was neighbor's with Arturs Irbe and I didn't believe him. I remember Irbe pulling up to sign some autographs and I asked him if he knew my friend and he was like, "Yeah! He's my neighbor!" That was really cool to me at the time.

Oh! And a different friend of mine saw Eric Staal and Andrew Ladd in Best Buy.

Got wasted drunk with commodore at macgregor ale house and hibernian(last year of course). He was walking out of wasabi and me and my friends asked him if he wanted to get a drink. it turned into an all nighter and he was fun as hell! He also picked up the tab in both places wihich was about a $400 night for him.

Corvo and Cole at pipers over the summer.

Brindamour at celebration six forks.

Craig Adams and Cole watching Stanley cup finals at Rudinos. Cole was routing against Anaheim cause he said he hated Pronger!

I know this is all old old stuff and I'm gonna get reemed for it.

aaron ward this summer at work at daniels pizza pasta

i dropped a glass right in front of his table

and cut my hand to pieces yeah embarrasing but

but some of them come in periodically or so i've

been told...

and ive seen john forslund around supertarget a

few times...

(close enough to a canes player... kinda... hahaha)

Got wasted drunk with commodore at macgregor ale house and hibernian(last year of course). He was walking out of wasabi and me and my friends asked him if he wanted to get a drink. it turned into an all nighter and he was fun as hell! He also picked up the tab in both places wihich was about a $400 night for him.

I'm assuming y'all had designated drivers? Maybe the Great One driving the zamboni?

My buddy Josh, who works at a few hotels in Raleigh, had 3 conversations with Jussi Jokinen last week. Jussi checked out yesterday, and Josh got an autograph on a sheet of printer paper. He said that Jussi asked the managment for permission to use the steps to exercise. He also said that he was carrying a Tampa Bay dufflebag... come-on guys (Canes managment), get him some up-to-date luggage!

Thats messed up, he needs a canes bag now. Do you think if A Rod got traded to the Cubs he would be carrying around a yankees bag? Heck no man,......thats not right. He need a bag now before I get all worked up.

I was shopping in the Apex Super Target, when I saw this familiarly tall fellow, and after thinking about it... it was Michael Leighton, shopping with his wife and daughter. I found it funny how he could walk through a very busy Target (about 7pm) in the evening, and nobody notice him.

Saw Johnny Forslund walk into the Apex Harris Teeter with his daughter, just after his birthday. Said exchanged hellos and that was about it.

So my daughter and I are on our way to the game last Friday, driving down Creedmoor Rd. and pull up next to a sweet, black Maserati on our left. The driver was looking left so we could not see his face. We're checking out the awesome car and I said, "I wonder if that could be one of the players?" and just then he turns and my daughter yells, "It's Eric Staal!!!!" He turned towards us and I gave him a big smile and two thumbs up! He smiled and gave us a wave back. So Cool! And they won the game that night! WOOOOOOO! I love living in Raleigh!

What kind of Maserati was it? Because, after Sunday's game vs Colorado, I saw a black GranTurismo in that newly paved parking lot across the street, by Carter Finley. But that's really not a place where a player would park..

Speaking of Eric Staal, a few weeks ago I walked by his old house that's for sale now, and I saw Linda Craft showing it to what looked like a middle age couple.

I dont know if this counts, but I saw big mike at a best buy, he trives a tiny little VW... and Glen Wesley currently lives in my freinds neighbor hood, and Jeff O'neil lived in another one of my freinds neighborhood befor...

Just stopped at Five Guy's Burgers and Fries in North Raleigh. Saw Ray Whitney, Joe Corvo, and Erik Cole there.

Said hi, and told Erik it was good to see him back.

He smiled and said he really appreciated it. I didn't want to bother them any more than that.

Joe was busy ordering seconds for everyone.

Just stopped at Five Guy's Burgers and Fries in North Raleigh. Saw Ray Whitney, Joe Corvo, and Erik Cole there.

Said hi, and told Erik it was good to see him back.

He smiled and said he really appreciated it. I didn't want to bother them any more than that.

Joe was busy ordering seconds for everyone.

I would freak out. Three of my favorites! :D

I saw Jeff O'Neill at a resturant once, I think it was the Lucky 32 near Falls of Neuse road. This was around October of 2002.

I also saw Kevyn Adams on Wade Ave during our cup year, he was probably headed to the arena for practice.

A friend & I saw Rod Brind Amour on the highway after a canes practice, & tried to keep up with him.. too bad we were going 90 mph & he was still getting furth away from us. :o Tim Gleason shops at my dads Harris Teeter all of the time. My dad always tries to talk to him & they're on a first name basis, but i think it's because my dad always has a name tag on ;)

I saw Laviolette yesterday at the Chic-Fil-A in Apex. He was chillin with his daughter. She was in her soccer uniform so I assume he took her to practice. He drove off in his convertible 6 series BMW!

I could tell he didnt want to talk to anyone as he stuck himself in a corner and wore sunglasses the whole time.

I saw (not sure if its his...probably isnt) a yellow jeep with the licenseplate "Ruutu" as i left late after a game...and my freind's dad nearly knocked out laviolette at liftime fitness when he backed into him...

I would freak out. Three of my favorites! :D

All the guy's I've met are really cool. Just don't call too much attention their way in public.

In reality, they are all just regular guys.........with great jobs...