The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
its-staal-good-num-12

Player Sightings

Now that I think about it, I've seen Rod Brind'Amour at a couple of NCSU football games. I've also noticed he's worn State hats during interviews so I'm assuming he's become a Pack fan since living here.

After their practice before I left the ice ( I was behind the bench becaus ei was going to an interview for a project with Wally T) I saw conboy practicing with a new aluminum stick, he says he doesnt really like it but hes going to try using them

All the guy's I've met are really cool. Just don't call too much attention their way in public.

In reality, they are all just regular guys.........with great jobs...

Oh, I know. I saw Erik Cole and Craig Adams at a Bruce Springsteen concert. When I saw them, I just waved and acknowledged that I knew who they were. I know they appreciate it when you leave them be and just let them live their lives. That's what I like most about hockey players, though, they are the most down-to-earth athletes, imo. They aren't all macho and LOOK-AT-ME with the exception of a few... *cough*AVERY*cough*

Saw Coach Mo at Fox & Hound up at North Hills when I went up to Raleigh last weekend. Seemed like a pretty cool guy -- we only spoke for a few minutes since he was on the way out. Wished him luck and talked about Hockey Night in Canada... :lol:

My son and I congratulated Scott Walker at the Factory in Wake Forest tonight before a minimite/mite pickup game. His son was doing a Power Skate, I believe he is a Mite.

I see Brind'Amour at Lowes Foods at Strickland and Six Forks sometimes. My son used to work at Milton's across the street and said he came in to pick up orders a lot, too. He lives down the road from me (on the swankier end!)

I also saw Justin Williams at an airport somewhere - we were on the same plane. It was about this time last year. I'm the one who recognized him, but my husband went over and quietly talked to him, said he was very friendly.

Saw Wardo tonight. Wife and I were driving around looking at some houses, and we drove by his. He was out in the yard. Just said congrats, and kept on going.

That is the funniest thing I seen on here in a few days... :lol:

I was just chilling in the airport parking lot, as usual, the other night, and all of the canes drove by me at once!

I work at Dicks Sporting Goods in Cary and I have helped quite a few players. Glen Wesley, Chad Larose, Sergei Samsonov, Nic Wallin, Eric Cole, and Eric Staal. I still see Peter Laviolette every once and a while, hes kind of a jerk though, all of the players have been willing to talk and are really down to earth.

Saw Scotty Walker at Sak's last Sunday! My daughter actually recognized him! In the shoe department! We didn't bother him, other than me saying in a really high voice "SCOTTY!!!". My daughter said he looked around after I said it. I couldn't help it! We love him!

I work at Dicks Sporting Goods in Cary and I have helped quite a few players. Glen Wesley, Chad Larose, Sergei Samsonov, Nic Wallin, Eric Cole, and Eric Staal. I still see Peter Laviolette every once and a while, hes kind of a jerk though, all of the players have been willing to talk and are really down to earth.

Yeah Lavi never seemed like the sort of guy who'd be willing to stop by and talk in public. I'm kind of surprised he still lives here. I don't know why I just always figured he'd be kind of bitter and willing to move if and when the Canes ever cut ties with him.

Yeah Lavi never seemed like the sort of guy who'd be willing to stop by and talk in public. I'm kind of surprised he still lives here. I don't know why I just always figured he'd be kind of bitter and willing to move if and when the Canes ever cut ties with him.

I used to see Lavi at Paradise Pizza in Apex all the time. I never spoke to him. I would see him as I was in there to get lunch during work.

Saw Rod today. I went to Milton's deep down six forks. On the way out i noticed they had some autographed jerseys and pictures hung up, one of them was with Rod. And when me and my friend were driving back down six forks, i noticed a Honda truck with black rims, like i've seen 100 times. So i look closer, and sure enough it was him. He was driving towards Milton's. I kept wondering if i had just stayed for dessert.

I ran into Ray at the hair salon I go to right after the end of the Boston series. He was seated next to me. Didn't talk to him though - I figured he'd like to be left alone. Which was really hard for me to keep my mouth shut because Ray is my favorite - just seems like the type of guy that would be fun to have a beer with.

Does seeing Sidney Crosby holding up the Stanley Cup in my dreams before it actually happened count? I guess that's a player sighting. I think I'm psychic. I remember looking up at the score board in the Joe in my dream and it saying Penguins: 2, Detroit: 1. AND THIS WAS BEFORE IT HAPPENED!! AHH! CREEPY!

Saw Cam again the other day. He walked in to 5 Guys burgers and I happend to be facing the door. Just gave him the nod. He was pretty incognito , except for driving in with a Mazeratti...