The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
its-staal-good-num-12

Player Sightings

There seem to be quite a few negative post on the Corvo topic. I had a very pleasant interaction with him in his front yard. He used to live around the corner from me and I stopped to say hello one day while out running. Our conversation was brief but I didn't get the impression he was withdrawn or rude in any way. He was very polite and talked for a minute or two. I thanked him for all his on ice efforts and he seemed very appreciative. Maybe he is just a private guy.

Let me tell one for Corvo too. At the Jimmy V this past weekend, Little Storm was patiently waiting for Corvo's autograph. He did the ones on one side of the ropes first (leaving 18 green). Then he came to our side and, in the hot sun, Little Storm's Sharpie went dry as he tried to autograph for her. He moved on to the next person and signed for him and, as we were pulling back, he called to Little Storm and -- with the next kid's Sharpie -- said, "Here, let me sign that for you again." Very nice and very thoughful of him! :)

There seem to be quite a few negative post on the Corvo topic. I had a very pleasant interaction with him in his front yard. He used to live around the corner from me and I stopped to say hello one day while out running. Our conversation was brief but I didn't get the impression he was withdrawn or rude in any way. He was very polite and talked for a minute or two. I thanked him for all his on ice efforts and he seemed very appreciative. Maybe he is just a private guy.

I'm glad to see some positive stories about Corvo. I never meant to instigate a Corvo bashing with my comment that he seemed "not as much into the whole public thing as much as some of the others". These guys have every right to be private. I tend to think of it as a nice bonus when we get guys who are very fan-friendly and seem to genuinely enjoy interaction with us.

Imagine that. I need to find out where some of the people on here work so I can stand outside the front door everyday and bother them, I'm sure they will be very receptive to it.

And yes I realize part of the players job is fan interaction.

Feel free to visit me at work anytime. Of course, you run the risk of being tranquilized, then fitted with a satellite transmitter, a neck collar and a leg band. :):o

Feel free to visit me at work anytime. Of course, you run the risk of being tranquilized, then fitted with a satellite transmitter, a neck collar and a leg band. :):o

How do I get this leg band off? It's starting to chaff.

Like coastal said, come see me at work. I work at the Post Office so what's the worst that could happen to you?

P.S. Can I get a 6 pack of those tranquilizers to go?

Like coastal said, come see me at work. I work at the Post Office so what's the worst that could happen to you?

Are you the mailman I've been hearing about who has a perfect delivery percentage? Can I have your autograph?

I just noticed this on the RecZone Schedule on their Website:

Mon 08/24/2009 10:00 AM 12:00 PM RecZone Rink 1 Hurricanes : Canes Skate

Tue 08/25/2009 10:00 AM 12:00 PM RecZone Rink 1 Hurricanes : Canes Skate

Wed 08/26/2009 10:00 AM 12:00 PM RecZone Rink 1 Hurricanes : Canes Skate

Thu 08/27/2009 10:00 AM 12:00 PM RecZone Rink 1 Hurricanes : Canes Skate

That would be Brindy Camp.

Good grief... Maybe it's just me, but I didn't see anything negative or "bashing" Corvo. He is friendly, but somewhat reserved. That's just an observation. You could probably put the majority of players in that category. The only reason I posted anything about it is for fans in the future. You never know how someone will react. Some people approach these guys like they're best buds, some are wiser than that. Someone else mentioned Ottawa...I'd guess the further from there he gets in his memory the better he feels about this area and its fans! :)

Good grief... Maybe it's just me, but I didn't see anything negative or "bashing" Corvo. He is friendly, but somewhat reserved. That's just an observation. You could probably put the majority of players in that category. The only reason I posted anything about it is for fans in the future. You never know how someone will react. Some people approach these guys like they're best buds, some are wiser than that. Someone else mentioned Ottawa...I'd guess the further from there he gets in his memory the better he feels about this area and its fans! :)

Ok, perhaps my use of the word "bashing" was overstating things a bit. What I meant by that was that I didn't mean to open up a can of worms for people to share their negative experiences. Of course, feel free to do that... I just felt bad that I sort of opened the door for it. That's it. No offense meant.

P.S. Can I get a 6 pack of those tranquilizers to go?

hmm...lets see now. superdave...smilin'Bob..post office..deliveries...packages. There has GOT to be a joke here somewhere!!! :lol:

Ok, perhaps my use of the word "bashing" was overstating things a bit. What I meant by that was that I didn't mean to open up a can of worms for people to share their negative experiences. Of course, feel free to do that... I just felt bad that I sort of opened the door for it. That's it. No offense meant.

"Opening a Door" is always in play I am afraid. Come join us oldtimers in the off topic area. No offenses there. LOL

Sat across from Brind'Amour last night at Sono on Fayetteville St., downtown Raleigh. He cleans up nice!

He sure does! Saw him several years ago at the Jimmy V golf event - IMO, he's very good-looking

I saw him at a car wash once. He looked like a hockey player to me. Just sayin ...

I'm sure he did when he was washing his car. But surely you can imagine he would look a bit different for a Saturday night sushi dinner downtown!

I'm sure he did when he was washing his car. But surely you can imagine he would look a bit different for a Saturday night sushi dinner downtown!

Since I don't frequent bait shops for food, I'll stick with the car wash thank you. :)

Saw Ray Whitney and his wife on Six Forks & Millbrook at the stoplight today during rush hour.

I beeped the horn at him and he said hello!

That made my day and also reminded me hockey is very soon!

This is an old sighting, but I remember before we traded Craig Adams a few seasons ago, I saw him getting stuff bagged at Costco. Went over and talked with him, he was real nice. Sucks we gave him up, but I'm glad he's on a team where they value him like we did, maybe a little more. Plus the fans like him there as well.

Last Weekend, we stopped by Goodberry's and Eric Staal and his wife were behind us in line. We said hi and talked to him for a few minutes. His wife was 5-6 months pregnant. It is amazing that nobody else noticed him.

My husband frequently runs into both Corvo & Walker at his job.  He said they are both extremely nice and friendly whenever he sees them.  Joe is usually a lot more talkative, where as Scotty seems a bit shy - but still very nice!  Every player I've ever had the pleasure of meeting has been super!  A few years back, though, I felt like I got the cold shoulder from Cullen at the Caniac Carnival.  Every player we got autographs from greeted us, thanked us for coming , etc... Matty seemed too busy talking with the guy next to him and didn't even make eye contact.  I was mad at him all season!  At the end of the season, I got to get his autograph again and he TOTALLY redeemed himself!  Very friendly, nice, talkative!  He is now one of my fav players.  Roddy will always be my #1 - But Ruutu and Rosey are our fav's in our house - both in play and personality!

Went to Southpoint mall today, fun stuff, errands, etc. Ate at the Nordstrom's cafe (real good if anyone wants to check it out), and right away I noticed sitting at one of the booths with his adorable family was Sergei Samsonov, sharply dressed I might add. I didn't bother him of course since he was eating and enjoying the day with his family, but I did stare once or twice haha. Then I tried to remember if he played yesterday, or was he one of the injureds? He looked fine in street clothes, but of course for hockey there's no way to tell what could've been wrong. Anyways, I really wanted to tell him to hang in there for the season, considering how bad its been, and that he was one of my favorite players, but again I didn't want to disturb him. Oh well!

Ok I know this thread is about sightings that have already occured but I wondered if anyone ever sees Ruutu or the other Finns out and about. I know Ruutu and Pitkanen have been seen at the Gold’s Gym @ North Hills but any sightings other than that?  They seem to be rather reclusive.