The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
its-staal-good-num-12

Player Sightings

Thought I'd revive this thread.

My wife and I ate at Muras in North Hills in Raleigh and saw Rod Brind'Amour and Manny Legace sitting at the bar, chatting it up.

I didn't bother them, they were still there when we left after eating out meals.

Yeah, the DMV can make grown men cry. Have been through it with them and immigration related issues, it sucks as much as you think it would pitting one bureaucracy against another. bangHead.gif

My husband and I were having dinner at Flemings Steak House last night and in came Sergi Samsonov and his lovely family.Looked fit and tanned and seemed to be enjoying his family.Did not interupt their dinner, but did have the manager give him a note after we left telling him we enjoyed watching the fiddler on the ice.smile.gif

Ok I know this thread is about sightings that have already occured but I wondered if anyone ever sees Ruutu or the other Finns out and about. I know Ruutu and Pitkanen have been seen at the Gold’s Gym @ North Hills but any sightings other than that?  They seem to be rather reclusive.

We live at North Hills and see Ruutu and Pitkanen all the time in and around our apartments.  I think Joni has headed back to Finland because we haven't see him since the day of the last game of the season but we keep seeing Tuomo around.  His shoulder brace is off now, btw...  I assume he's staying in Raleigh because he needs to be near the medical care and therapy for that.  

Also ran into Manny coming back into the apartment building with his dog a few weeks ago but recently one of the waitresses at Ruth's Chris mentioned that he and his wife headed back to St. Louis for the summer.  

Just as an aside, she also mentioned that Andrew Alberts was really sad to be traded.  (Though I'm sure he's enjoying it just fine at the moment.)  He lived here too and the evening after the trade was announced, he and Manny were hanging out at the bar and both were pretty bummed out.  Apparently, Alberts' girlfriend had finally just found a job here in Raleigh.  Just makes you stop and think what a tough life that must be for the significant others of the players!

Tuomo has been on YLE-TV as an in-studio analyst during the IIHF World Championships, so one would presume he's actually in Helsinki and not here?

Tuomo has been on YLE-TV as an in-studio analyst during the IIHF World Championships, so one would presume he's actually in Helsinki and not here?

Well, the last time we saw him was actually a week ago (last Sunday) so it sounds like he's left sometime in the past week.

My wife and I were at Neo Asia on Glenwood a few days ago enjoying our meal when she smiled and waved to a couple walking by on their way out.  I asked her who it was.  She said was Chad LaRose and his "other."  I totally missed them.

I actually think he has a pretty significant case of psorias. We have seen him at the IcePlex a couple of times with his son, and it is obvious he has  a skin issue.

Yeah, could be. His arms were covered with some kind of "lotion". Made me think of a coworker who gets a bad reaction to poison ivy every spring when he mows his yard.....poor guy breaks out with a rash from head to toe.

A quick reminder...

We live in a unique market where the players and staff for the Canes are very accessible and always out and about in our community.  While its fun posting about seeing Cane's folks around town, please remember to respect their privacy by not discussing things of a personal nature.   If you have any questions about this,  please refer to rule #4 in the board rules and guidelines or pm any staff member.

Thanks for understanding. 

I went to the Durham Bulls game Friday and Chad Larose threw the first pitch!  He was high but over the plate.  He signed autographs and whatnot for some fans.  It was cool.  Plus, the Bulls won!  But man was it hot... 98 in the shade.

I saw Scott Walker at the BBQ place The Pit on Thursday night. I was going to say something to him, but as I was going over the rest of his family came to his table. I didn't want to interrupt them at that time.

I saw Scott Walker at the BBQ place The Pit on Thursday night. I was going to say something to him, but as I was going over the rest of his family came to his table. I didn't want to interrupt them at that time.

Isn't he coaching Guelph now?

Edited by TheBigKahuna

Saw Tom Barasso and his family at the Durham Bulls game last night.

He's a Red Sox fan and the Pawtucket Red Sox are in town playing the Bulls.

Great night for a ball game. :)

He's a Red Sox fan and the Pawtucket Red Sox are in town playing the Bulls.

Great night for a ball game. :)

Ah, cool. It was a great night for a ball game - despite the Bulls loss. Paw Sox fans were pleased, tho. :)

Did you see this guy there?

eymi.jpg

Nope - we went Fri night and LaRose was throwing out first pitch @ Sat's game. We saw Barasso on Fri night. Great picture of Chad and Wool E!

I was there Saturday night, and waited in line behind a guy who looked a LOT like LaRose, except this guy was closer to 5-11", and buying beer for a large group of what appeared to be college kids!

Way too many Sox fans there!