The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
its-staal-good-num-12

Player Sightings

I was there Saturday night, and waited in line behind a guy who looked a LOT like LaRose, except this guy was closer to 5-11", and buying beer for a large group of what appeared to be college kids!

Way too many Sox fans there!

On my way right now to see the PawSox, never too many Sox fans :)

Nope - we went Fri night and LaRose was throwing out first pitch @ Sat's game. We saw Barasso on Fri night. Great picture of Chad and Wool E!

Chad didn't hit a kid with the first pitch this year did he? I remember when he hit the anthem singer a few years back.

I know where Joe Corvo works out...muahahahahaha.

Man is he muscled up! Looks skinny on the ice but heck no in person. Just goes to show everybody has to get fit for the Ovechkins and Crosbys. Should've asked Joe about playing those guys...

Was walking around North Hills late this afternoon/early evening after movie & dinner and saw Joe Corvo w/his family and some friends @ Ben & Jerry's

I've not met any 'Canes yet, or former 'Canes. But in August I'm supposed to be meeting up with Mike Commodore at The Old Course in St Andrews, as he's over here in Scotland on a golfing tour.

I have met some past & present NHL'ers though. Bob Probert, Troy Crowder, Chris Nilan, Bobby Hull, Scott Nicholl, Eric Cairns, Chris McAlister & Wade Belak. Probably more that I've forgotten.

Did you get in a fight with Probert?

Fortunately for Probert, we didn't ;) He was a good guy.

Had a good long chat with Bobby Hull, really nice guy. And Chris Nilan was an absolute gem of a guy, let me try on his Stanley Cup ring.

My name is Roscoe. I live in a suburb of Chicago,IL. Just a few days ago our friend Tom Gleason was killed in a car accident. We are all in a state of shock still. No one should ever die at 18. Tommy was probably one of the biggest Canes fan I've ever had the honor of meeting. His favorite player was Tim Gleason. Please, the Gleason family is having an incredibly difficult time dealing with their loss. I think that if the Carolina Hurricanes made an appearance or even Tim Gleason himself, the morale would skyrocket! Please, help my friend. We all hate seeing his family like this.

My name is Roscoe. I live in a suburb of Chicago,IL. Just a few days ago our friend Tom Gleason was killed in a car accident. We are all in a state of shock still. No one should ever die at 18. Tommy was probably one of the biggest Canes fan I've ever had the honor of meeting. His favorite player was Tim Gleason. Please, the Gleason family is having an incredibly difficult time dealing with their loss. I think that if the Carolina Hurricanes made an appearance or even Tim Gleason himself, the morale would skyrocket! Please, help my friend. We all hate seeing his family like this.

Hi Roscoe,

Sorry to hear about such a tragic loss, I can't imagine what you and Tom's family are feeling. I have absolutely no idea what can or would be able to be done for your friend's family but I can at least give you the contact info of someone in the front office who may be able to give you some info. Please check your private messenger for the contact info.

I am a member at Wildwood Green golf club, took the afternoon off today and thought I would play a few holes. The starter at Wildwood Green paired me up with Chad Larose. Great guy, not a great golfer. For a small guy, he does hit the ball a long way... but on a lot of the holes he hit the ball a long way into the woods.

Talked to Pitkanen today. Nice guy, not as "reclusive" as reported.

Asked the obligatory "you ready to start playing", and he said "yes, and hopefully soon".

Edited by TheBigKahuna

Maybe I'm a fan of Metallurg Magnitogorsk?

Yeah....been lazy. How about "done went"? ;)

I'm more of a Lokomotiv Yaroslavl fan myself, but if you like Metallurg I can see your point.

So, what's up with the squatch?

x