The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
its-staal-good-num-12

Player Sightings

I saw Cam Ward, Andrew Ladd, Chad LaRose and Ron Francis at the Nickelback concert. They weren't that far away from where I was sitting in section 5. You couldn't see them when everyone was standing up but during breaks when the crowd was sitting down or away from their seat you could get a clear view of their VIP box.

Okay.......I know this is a stretch, at best, but I a couple of hours with Jim Rutherford and Jason Karmanos at their offices. I was working on a capstone class to complete my MBA. I did project on the elements of running an NHL team. They were both very gracious with their time, and all I did was ask...the offices are way cool by the way, talking seriously cool hockey artifacts there.

:)

Cam Ward now has a black escalade. He lives not too far from the RBC center.

Pretty sure it wasn't Ward as he played Friday. He would have had to haul *edit* off the ice, not shower and run outside to get in his car. As I was walking down the sidewalk towards the player's gate, Chad and Staaly were pulling out of the gate (Chad almost ran me and my friend over). The black Escalade was right after them. Letowski was after the Escalade...all players who were not playing that night.

Pretty sure it wasn't Ward as he played Friday. He would have had to haul *edit* off the ice, not shower and run outside to get in his car. As I was walking down the sidewalk towards the player's gate, Chad and Staaly were pulling out of the gate (Chad almost ran me and my friend over). The black Escalade was right after them. Letowski was after the Escalade...all players who were not playing that night.

That sounds like John G. but he has a bergundy one and his windows are very very dark because we were commenting on how dark they were. It probably was him and the bergundy looked black in the dark.

No, John Grahame has a Red Escalade

with those 26 inch rims..haha i ask him how big they were.

what a nice car. :D

those are some very big tires. Actually they're very big rims because the tires have very little depth to them. Sweet ride! His windows are actually illegal in NC but he doesn't have NC tags on the back.

those are some very big tires. Actually they're very big rims because the tires have very little depth to them. Sweet ride! His windows are actually illegal in NC but he doesn't have NC tags on the back.

Yeah...I was figured they were illegal. His windshield is REALLY dark. But he still has Florida tags on.

I guess JG ain't planing on sticking around to long then.....after this year that is.....GOOD! lol

-he does have two great danes. how do they fit in his car when he takes them to the vet or anything?

I was looking in my rear view mirror the other day while stopped at the light at Duraleigh and Edwards Mill. It was Frank Kaberle behind me. He lives in the same general part of town where I reside and he turned into the street where his house is. Glad I had my Canes magnet on the back of the car.

i met staal ladd and cam in the food court at crabtree the year they one the cup... staal had a hat trick in the game the night before and i congratulated him and talked to them about the then upcoming western conference road trip..he was very nice and down to earth... lad and cam were getting mcdonalds and Staal was just sitting and talking to me while he was wating on them... then i saw him again later in bannana republic and he smiled and nodded at me it was pretty cool