The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
its-staal-good-num-12

Player Sightings

And speaking of who drives what, who drives the black BMW M6? I saw it a few times parked in front of the RecZone during Camp Brindy. Neat car.

I was at the RBC Center yesterday and when I was pulling out, Staal pulled out right behind me. :D I did a double-take and sure enough it was him. I waved when he passed me on the main road and he smiled and waved.

Speaking of Staal last season my daughter and I were in Raleigh one Sat. for a haircut and I was early so I told her I was going to ride by the RBC to see if they were practicing. She said that we wouldn't see anyone and I told her that she never knew...that Staal may just pass us and lo and behold as soon as we drove around the RBC center and were ready to pull back out I had to stop and let him go by. He smiled and waved at us and when we took the beltline exit he went straight on Wade toward downtown. She's never doubted me since, well maybe she has a little.

I know this is a bit off topic, but what kind of cars do the players drive?

Off of the top of my head:

Erik Cole - BMW (dark blue), pearl Escalade, and an older Range Rover

Brind'Amour - Black Honda Ridgeline

Commodore - Corvette and he's been driving is friends Hummer

Cam Ward - Black Escalade

Grahame - Bergundy Escalade

Keep in mind most of them have several cars and majority of them have BMW's and Escalades. I could go on but don't have the time.

Guess I need to spend more time in Raleigh but I have ran into quiet a few of the Lightning players here in Tampa.

Guess I need to spend more time in Raleigh but I have ran into quiet a few of the Lightning players here in Tampa.

I don't think the black M6 belongs to Coach L. It was spotted during the preseason workouts and I don't think he was around then. But there were several non-Canes there (AWard, Bates Battaglia, etc.), all who have homes here, so it could have been anybody. BTW, I spotted a black Escalade on Peace Street near Glenwood with an NC plate "Lucky 13." Windows tinted too dark to get a good look. Bates? I have a friend who works at DMV and she has access to all the names and plate numbers in NC, maybe nationwide. But I'd never ask her to look up all the players. I did, one time, indulge on her to get me the name and address of the guy who backed into my car and then drove away (after I got his plate #). She even confirmed the make and model of the car and its color. So watch out and don't cut me off in the parking lot after a game> :)

I know this is a bit off topic, but what kind of cars do the players drive?

Well Glen Wesley has 3: which one? Hummer, lincoln, truck. He probably has more, but that's all I no. Kevyn Adams had (maybe still has?) a red tahoe-like thing. Lincoln, tahoe, i don't know!

A few years ago I saw Aaron Ward with his wife and son at the Lonestar Steakhouse in Cary. That was pretty cool. And then two seasons ago my mom and I ran into Glen Wesley out at the Harris Teeter by my house in Cary. He had gone into the adjoining coffee shop before a game to grab some coffee. And then this summer my mom LITERALLY ran into Glen Wesley at the same Harris Teeter. Apparently they were both going around the same corner in opposite directions and smacked into one another. She also said she saw Brandon Sutter shopping there as well. I was super jealous of my mom when she told me that one. :)

A few years ago I saw Aaron Ward with his wife and son at the Lonestar Steakhouse in Cary. That was pretty cool. And then two seasons ago my mom and I ran into Glen Wesley out at the Harris Teeter by my house in Cary. He had gone into the adjoining coffee shop before a game to grab some coffee. And then this summer my mom LITERALLY ran into Glen Wesley at the same Harris Teeter. Apparently they were both going around the same corner in opposite directions and smacked into one another. She also said she saw Brandon Sutter shopping there as well. I was super jealous of my mom when she told me that one. :)

haha thats soo cool ! looks like i need to get my mom to shop at Harris Teeter more often LOL! :lol:

The Summer of '06 post Stanley Cup, my husband and I saw Jeff Daniels at the Harris Teeter over at Cary Towne Center. Did a double-take because he looked familiar, but we couldn't figure out who he was at first, but then we recognized him. Didn't say anything to him as he seemed in a bit of a hurry - looked like he had to stop and get the "honey we're out of..." items early that morning!

Just wondering... Do the wives/girl friends of the players go to most of the games? If they do, are they in a special section?

i think they have a family room for the wives and family but some of them sit in the boxes ( i think thats what there called lol )

They player have the option of having a suite and some of them do. Hedican and Williams both do.

Some of the others players wives sit in 116. I have seen Cody there and was told by a ticket rep that is where most wives sit.

I ran into Kristen Laviolette again in sec. 117 a couple of games ago (I think it was for the first preseason game back on the 16th, & yes, I almost literally ran into her, lol! What a doll she is).

I wonder how the familys of the player react at games--- I mean, if my dad were playing hockey in the nhl and i were their watching, i think i'd do more laughing than actual cheering :lol:

They player have the option of having a suite and some of them do. Hedican and Williams both do.

Some of the others players wives sit in 116. I have seen Cody there and was told by a ticket rep that is where most wives sit.

I see them walk up and down those stairs right next to that section all the time since my seats are right there.

They all seem to come out of the walkway with beer, I need to go to their family room :lol:

But I've seen Cody, Tanya, Walker's wife and his 2 kids, Kristin (lavi's wife) and a bunch of others. During the playoffs I saw Marc, Jordan, and Jarad.

Back in December I saw Whitney at a restaurant in Brier Creek. He must frequent the place as last time I was in there, I noticed an 8x10 photo of Whitney, autograhed, said something like Thanks for everything Ray Whitney #13, hanging behind the bar.

A friend of mine ran in the Friesen event a few weeks ago. Commodore was ahead of her, and she said that while Mike's not built like a distance runner, he was pretty fast. She was able to keep him in her sights, but couldn't catch up to him. Her quote "I guess getting rid of all that hair made him a bit more aerodynamic!"

Ok...I'm leaving the Target at North Hills tonight and I am stopped in the parking lot underneath the garage directly in front of the store and who do I see coming down the escalator and walking into the Target? Eric Staal and his wife. I almost drove my car through the storefront! I wanted to park the car and go back inside but something told me to let him be. That made my whole weekend! ;):D

My wife saw Brindy at the North Hills Target last night. His daughter was with and and he was checking out. I asked her if she said anything to him and she said that she was too embarrassed. No 'Hi Captain' or anything. ;-)

I've seen Ladd at Quiznoes down at Cameron Village about a year ago. Ladd is a pretty BIG guy. I'm pretty sure Ladd and Staal live around Cameron Village.

Go Canes!!