The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
its-staal-good-num-12

Player Sightings

My wife saw Brindy at the North Hills Target last night. His daughter was with and and he was checking out. I asked her if she said anything to him and she said that she was too embarrassed. No 'Hi Captain' or anything. ;-)

I've seen Ladd at Quiznoes down at Cameron Village about a year ago. Ladd is a pretty BIG guy. I'm pretty sure Ladd and Staal live around Cameron Village.

Go Canes!!

Staal lives across the street from Crabtree off Lead Mine Rd.

Well, I wouldn't have to go far to get to it after work, now would I? :)

Anyway, let's not derail the thread anymore than we have, ladies.

I actually thought I saw Erik walking down an aisle towards me while I was working today, but it was obviously not him as he got closer. Oh well.

My daughter had the priveledge of taking their class Teddy Bear "Homer" home for the weekend and document all of the things that he did in "Homer's Journal" with both pictures and a story. Yesterday she took him skating at the Iceplex and to my son'rs hockey practice. Today she took him to the Wolfpack/Louisville debacle and saw a few of the Canes players in the parking lot. So luck had it that I had my camera handy and Homer had his picture taken with Mike Commodore. The funny thing is 5 years ago when my son was in the same class he took "Homer" to a Cane's game.

My daughter had the priveledge of taking their class Teddy Bear "Homer" home for the weekend and document all of the things that he did in "Homer's Journal" with both pictures and a story. Yesterday she took him skating at the Iceplex and to my son'rs hockey practice. Today she took him to the Wolfpack/Louisville debacle and saw a few of the Canes players in the parking lot. So luck had it that I had my camera handy and Homer had his picture taken with Mike Commodore. Is that Matt Cullen with him. The beard and hat is throwing us. The funny thing is 5 years ago when my son was in the same class he took "Homer" to a Cane's game.

That is Ryan Bayda on the left there.

My daughter had the priveledge of taking their class Teddy Bear "Homer" home for the weekend and document all of the things that he did in "Homer's Journal" with both pictures and a story. Yesterday she took him skating at the Iceplex and to my son'rs hockey practice. Today she took him to the Wolfpack/Louisville debacle and saw a few of the Canes players in the parking lot. So luck had it that I had my camera handy and Homer had his picture taken with Mike Commodore. The funny thing is 5 years ago when my son was in the same class he took "Homer" to a Cane's game.

Bayda AND Commie... what luck! I'll remember to take a camera... I remember being at Crabtree when Eric Staal was a new player and seing him walk by, talking on his phone. I didn't know who he was then, since most people didn't. He was there since Crabtree was throwing a HUGE hurricane fiesta thing in the center. We told them we knew Wes and they said "Really? What's he like?" I looked at Staal, thinking he was just a fan and waved. He was still on the phone, but he made a little wink/nod/wave gesture and walked away. I figured, after I found out who he was, that he was there for the hurricane thing, but just had had enough and left. but, who knows?

thats so cute!

i remember when my brothers did something like that.

but your daughter is VERY lucky to get that picture! haha.

i am jealous of Homer. haha. :D

Hey PeteMoss - from the photo it looks like you might have had a good view of Commie's Canes/Cup tattoo on his ankle. Did you happen to get a look at it?

I saw a picture of the tattoo when I went to get mine...it's pretty sweet looking. And they have a signed jersey hanging up in the front of the shop

Okay, so today I was at Crabtree Valley Mall, walking past the cosmetics counters and heading towards the escalators..and Ryan Bayda walks right infront of me, and goes the round-about way to the escalators. So I just freeze...so then I start walking again and meet him at the escalator...and I freeze again. So he going up the escalator and looks back at me about 3 times, and smiles :)

I was totally dazed, haha

My first player sighting this morning.... I saw Glen Wesley getting coffee before he went to play golf. I even managed to say "hi"...Pretty cool!!! Made my Monday!!!!

That's a really great way to start a Monday off. Sure wish I lived in Raleigh so I'd have the chance of passing one of the player's in my daily commutes. It be a miracle if I saw one in Wilson.

Has anyone ever seen any of the players at Pipers Tavern on Falls of the Neuse? My boss goes there often and says that the Canes players are there regularly.....

Dan who owns the place is pretty good friends with several of the players and Management and several of the guys live right around there. Forslund used to do a weekly radio show from the Pipers in Cary before they closed it up.

I ate dinner with the Whitney family at Fujisan a few months ago. Well, we were both eating dinner at roughly the same time, in the same restaurant, but he was a few tables away B)

I ate dinner with the Whitney family at Fujisan a few months ago. Well, we were both eating dinner at roughly the same time, in the same restaurant, but he was a few tables away B)

Hey that qualifies as eating dinner with the Whitney's in my book. :P

I ate dinner with the Whitney family at Fujisan a few months ago. Well, we were both eating dinner at roughly the same time, in the same restaurant, but he was a few tables away

Cool! did you say hi?