The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
its-staal-good-num-12

Player Sightings

Nah, I figured I'd let him eat a nice dinner with his family in peace. The owner (or manager) seemed to be fawning over them and I didn't want to bring any more attention on them. I have heard that he is a really nice guy and probably would have chatted with me. The time and place just didn't seem appropriate.

That's a really great way to start a Monday off. Sure wish I lived in Raleigh so I'd have the chance of passing one of the player's in my daily commutes. It be a miracle if I saw one in Wilson.

I think the only way you or I see anybody in Wilson is if they get lost! :blink: Maybe we should talk them into trying Parker's BBQ. Ill buy it if they will come down. ;)

that was very considerate of you. They need to be able to go out in public and enjoy a meal with their family just like everyone else.

My thoughts exactly.

My thoughts exactly.

Ditto.

Here in The O.C., recognition doesn't seem to be a problem for the Ducks, despite their winning the Cup a few months ago. I've read many times in both the Los Angeles Times and the Orange County Register that Andy McDonald can pretty much walk into any grocery store or restaurant in his neighborhoods of Irvine and Newport Beach and remain totally anonymous.

Guess that means that the Canes oughta re-locate to southern O.C., right? :P:lol:

Jan/GSBG

I spotted a bunch of the guy's last night at this really popular spot in caniac nation best known as the castle. :P

HA HA HA really. What a coinidence. Do did I ;)

I ate dinner with the Whitney family at Fujisan a few months ago. Well, we were both eating dinner at roughly the same time, in the same restaurant, but he was a few tables away B)

I did too, back in December.

I was literally sitting across from him, well he at one table and I at the other. He was sitting at one end of the table and I was sitting on the end at another table, but we were completly across from each other. I had a nice view while I was eating :P

"300 Maybe we need to tell him to go to your Target instead. lol"

OH NO NO NO NO!!! Maybe you just need to transfer to the right Target! lol! Part of what gets me through non-game days are the possibilities of seeing Roddy or one of the other players in my store! Mike Commodore was in on Tuesday afternoon, by the way! :P

I used to work at Maggie Moo's ice cream in Cary and Kevyn Adams would come in all the time with his two girls. One time Kevyn came in and about an hour later Erik Cole and Eric Staal came in together and I about died. Chad LaRose also came with Kevyn one time and that was a pretty awesome night. The only time I said anything hockey related to them was the day after they scored the 3 goals in 46 seconds Kevyn Adams came in and I told him congrats on the win and that it was a good game and he said, "thank you, I appreciate that."

I'm 99.9 % sure I just saw Rod at 5 points on Gleenwood @ the coffe shop around 1:00 pm. I was traveling down Geenwood when I saw him walking back to his car. I was moving around 8 mph but I'm so sure it was him. Does anyone know what kind of car he drives. He got into a black convertible SAAB. He got behind me and was heading toward Gleenwood South; I got off on Wade Ave.

I'm 99.9 % sure I just saw Rod at 5 points on Gleenwood @ the coffe shop around 1:00 pm. I was traveling down Geenwood when I saw him walking back to his car. I was moving around 8 mph but I'm so sure it was him. Does anyone know what kind of car he drives. He got into a black convertible SAAB. He got behind me and was heading toward Gleenwood South; I got off on Wade Ave.

I've only seen him drive a Honda Ridgeline, but these guys have like 2-3 cars each, so maybe.

I just bought a Black Ridgeline myself and I tell my wife that I'm driving Rod Brind'Amour's car.

My son say's that the H in front stands for Hurricanes and not Honda. I told him I guess I'm driving a hurricanes honda.

I have never seen any Canes players out in town, however when I was a substitute mail carrier back in 04-05' during the lockout season, I got to work on the mailroute that has Chuck Kaiton and Peter Laviolette and most importantly Julia Rowe(who I think is the real person we should try to support and see). My confidentiality agreement with the USPS excludes me from letting any of you know the location or city they live in. I respect the players, coaches and managements right to privacy!!!!

About a month ago I saw Glen going into Build a Bear at Crabtree as I was leaving.. He was wearing a bush hat. He was trying to not make contact with anyone but he was gracious enough to give me his autograph.. I stayed calm and quiet to not alert others so he wouldnt get mauled.. Very cool meeting Glen at Build A Bear

Ok, I didn't actually see a player but I did see relatives of a player. :D

Cam's aunt and uncle were sitting right in front of us for the game last night. They were awesome and kept telling us how proud they were of him. They had some funny stories to tell about Wardo

...dont leave us hanging!

tell us some of the things you heard! :)

Ok, I didn't actually see a player but I did see relatives of a player. :D

Cam's aunt and uncle were sitting right in front of us for the game last night. They were awesome and kept telling us how proud they were of him. They had some funny stories to tell about Wardo

haha thats great ! the game after christmas last season i sat in the section next to the section Chad's dad was and he kept laughing at my Rosey Rocks sign it was pretty funny

Well speaking of family....Last season my daughter and I were out back waiting for autographs and at the time I didn't know what Cam's parents looked like and there was this really nice older couple standing next to us against the fence. We were talking about how good the game was and just singing Cam's praises to this couple who we still didn't know who they were. A few minutes later this guard comes out and motions for them to follow him and they tell us goodbye and thank us for the nice things we said about their son Cam Ward. When Cam came driving out and stopped to sign autographs his parents were in the car with him and they pointed at us and said this is the mother and daughter I was telling you about Cam and he told us thank you for the kind words and support. I just about fainted!

I was driving down the Carolina Expressway on my way to work this morning and Coach Laviolette was right beside me in his BMW 650 convertible. I waved at him and gave him a thumbs up and told him that there's always next year. He just looked at me like a crazed maniac and then got off at the Edwards Mill exit to go to the RBC Center.