The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
its-staal-good-num-12

Player Sightings

I was driving down the Carolina Expressway on my way to work this morning and Coach Laviolette was right beside me in his BMW 650 convertible. I waved at him and gave him a thumbs up and told him that there's always next year. He just looked at me like a crazed maniac and then got off at the Edwards Mill exit to go to the RBC Center.

Have missed something? What's the Carolina Expressway? I'm from Durham and have no idea the nicknames of highways in Raleigh or Cary.

Have missed something? What's the Carolina Expressway? I'm from Durham and have no idea the nicknames of highways in Raleigh or Cary.

Yeah, I was wondering about that myself. I grew up here and have never heard of the Carolina Expressway. Sounds like Wade Avenue to me.

woahh old thread.

but i saw Glen Wesley at my soccer game last season (I was playing his daughter's team) and I saw Scott Walker and his wife at Brigg's restaurant. It pretty much made my day. :)

woahh old thread.

but i saw Glen Wesley at my soccer game last season (I was playing his daughter's team) and I saw Scott Walker and his wife at Brigg's restaurant. It pretty much made my day. :)

yea glen was at our game last year. we got creamed like 8-0. we were like OMG its glen wesley. my mom got his autograph and talked to him during the game. this was when he had broken his foot and was not with the team. it was pretty cool.

I've seen A few players at the Ice House in cary. Glen Wesley, sami, etc.

I've also done the blue line thing for the national anthem, I was actually the first one to ever do it(no lie.)

My dad played golf with sami for one of those tournaments.

This is a really old thread. Anyway, I've never seen the players outside of a normal game, as I live in Charlotte, but I did see Tripp Tracy in the elevator at the RBC Center last week Friday. My family and I had seats in the upper level and went upstairs, forgetting to stick around to watch the pregame warmup as we usually do. While walking to the elevator to go back down, we saw Tripp and said hello. We chatted a little about the upcoming game, as well as the game vs. the Capitals. When I told him I thought Ovechkin was getting preferential treatment from the refs, he agreed with me. Anyway, it was a weird coincedence that we went upstairs forgetting about the warmup, only to see Tripp. I guess that was the one positive for the day, as the game was frustrating to watch.

I saw Lavi driving on Hwy 42 @ I40 (exit 312) a few weeks ago. Dunno what he was doing way out there. I was at the Ale House in Cary last year after the season finale vs FLA and Lavi walked in for about 10 minutes. I've also seen Cam driving around Raleigh. No other sightings for me.

This isn't quite a "player sighting" but I thought i'd share this.

I work at Staples here in Dayton, Ohio after moving here from Goldsboro, NC earlier this year. My wife is military and I had just seperated so until we can get back to NC, we're stuck in Ohio.

Anyways, I was working the register and a woman walked up with red hair that looked exactly like Jeff Hamilton. In my head I told myself "nahhhh.....u just have hockey on the brain". (Knowing that Jeff is from the Centerville area which is where the store is located) She handed me her credit card and sure enough her last name was Hamilton. So I had to ask..."You aren't related to the Hamilton that plays hockey are ya?" She said "Yeah that's my little brother. Wow, noone around here ever knows hockey". We talked briefly and I said we were happy to have him on the team before I had to get back to work.

If I hadn't seen Jeff up close when outside signing autographs I probably wouldn't have made the connection. I still thought it was cool to talk to her for a sec and definitely wished I had time to chat more but I am sure she had more important things to do also.

So that's the closest I have ever had to a player sighting and it was all the way up here in Ohio.

I don't even live in Raleigh, but I know that you are correct!!!

Don't know of any "Carolina Expressway" though, parents haven't heard of it either. Might be a name you call it yourself? :huh:

I beleive Mapquest or Google Earth referred to it as the Carolina Expressway. When I saw that I said to myself, "what the hell is this."