The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
its-staal-good-num-12

Player Sightings

Yeah, they are wrong.

AirForceC, that is a cool story. It must have really surprised and pleased her for you to make that connection 600 miles away from Raleigh.

About a year ago I was at a Carolina RailHawks game and I ran into Rod Brind'Amour and "girlfriend".

Once I ran into Cam Ward at Qdoba and a couple weeks ago I was there around 4-ish right before the Lightning game and I spotted Stillman hanging out with Bret Hedican.

As far as wives of the players go, I do believe I have met all of them. And we are on personal terms with one of the players, his wife and kids but I won't say who or how. =)

All of the mapping sites call that road Raleigh-Chapel Hill Expressway (including mapquest).

Also, that road is called Wade avenue inside the beltline -- once it crosses I-440 going into Raleigh.

A few of them are regulars at Sushi Thai in Cary, especially Cam. Rod and his girlfriend are regulars there as well. Also 518 west in downtown Raleigh is a regular spot for random team members on nights before a home game.

Saw Scott Walker this season in Home Depot with his two kids..... Day before the last game I saw Bret Hedican at Briggs restraunt. Talked to both of them a little bit. Scott was very nice, Bret was unbelievably nice. He shock my hand, and my two kids hands. I will never forget what a nice guy he was.

A few of them are regulars at Sushi Thai in Cary, especially Cam. Rod and his girlfriend are regulars there as well. Also 518 west in downtown Raleigh is a regular spot for random team members on nights before a home game.

Sushi Thai ROCKS

well my friends dad is pretty good friends with nic wallin, my friend even got to ride in the cars with him during the celebration at the RBC center if you can remember that.

hes also come to one of my soccer games i think, but that was mostly because my friend and his dad were there too haha

ya you o what? MY dad work for lockstone and I got to go and see Eric and the cup at his farm. You know his dad own a sod farm eh??

My BF saw Erik Cole recently at Advanced Auto Parts. He's usually pretty level headed, but I remember him calling me on my cell phone and freaking out because it was his first Canes sighting. He recognized him by the hat that he always wears. :) He didn't go up to Colesy, but I'm pretty sure it still made his day.

My BF saw Erik Cole recently at Advanced Auto Parts. He's usually pretty level headed, but I remember him calling me on my cell phone and freaking out because it was his first Canes sighting. He recognized him by the hat that he always wears. :) He didn't go up to Colesy, but I'm pretty sure it still made his day.

Kinda off topic but I always think that hat makes him look like the Kevin Kline character OTTO in "A Fish Called Wanda". It is the shape of it I think

Probably just me. LOL

I was at the Circle K off Pleasant Valley last Friday. I was at the register paying for some drinks and stuff and this guy comes in and asks the cashier where the batteries are. I didnt turn around when he came in but I did once I heard his voice. I turned around and he took his shades off and I said "CHAD LAROSE". He got this smile on his face like he was happy to be recognized. I shook his hand and he even came out after he was done to meet my gf (she's a HUGE Larose fan). He signed a ticket stub for me and I said "Good luck next season" to which he replied" Ill be there".

MADE MY DAY!!!!!

I was at the Circle K off Pleasant Valley last Friday. I was at the register paying for some drinks and stuff and this guy comes in and asks the cashier where the batteries are. I didnt turn around when he came in but I did once I heard his voice. I turned around and he took his shades off and I said "CHAD LAROSE". He got this smile on his face like he was happy to be recognized. I shook his hand and he even came out after he was done to meet my gf (she's a HUGE Larose fan). He signed a ticket stub for me and I said "Good luck next season" to which he replied" Ill be there".

MADE MY DAY!!!!!

Holy Cr*p! I can walk there from my apartment!!!

Believe it or not, Ron Francis was at the same Super Bowl party i was at. Not this year, the year before. I live out in Wake Forest and apparently the guy was a good friend of Ronnie. I got to shake his hand, play pool with him, and bet against him in the game.

Also, Brind'amour's ex lives on the street behind me in this really nice house. I think his kids live there too. Or at least i've been told its his ex but i'm not even sure if he's divorced.

Also, Brind'amour's ex lives on the street behind me in this really nice house. I think his kids live there too. Or at least i've been told its his ex but i'm not even sure if he's divorced.

He is divorced.

Last season, we were at P.F. Changs in Crabtree, and while waiting, right in front of us, is Cam and his Fiance. Once we all decided it actually was him, Andrew Ladd comes in, with some girl, and they go and sit together (all 4 of them). We were going to ask for autographs or something, but we figured they wanted privacy. But as they left, Cam winked at my sister and smiled. They noticed that we noticed them. It was fun.