The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
its-staal-good-num-12

Player Sightings

my friend works at a golf course and since the season has ended calls me every few days and says "guess which cane just came in!!!" Im so jealous.

Who have they had "in" so far?

Last season, we were at P.F. Changs in Crabtree, and while waiting, right in front of us, is Cam and his Fiance. Once we all decided it actually was him, Andrew Ladd comes in, with some girl, and they go and sit together (all 4 of them). We were going to ask for autographs or something, but we figured they wanted privacy. But as they left, Cam winked at my sister and smiled. They noticed that we noticed them. It was fun.

cute tidbit, the girl you saw ladd with (is by the way his gf) that day is one of cody's (wards wife) best friends. ladd met her at cam and codys wedding

Quite a few of the hurricanes players use to drop into PF Changs after a game for dinner.

Back during the 2001-2002 playoffs, after a game vs. the Leafs, my wife and I ate dinner there

and saw Ron Francis and his whole family, along with O'Neill, and a bunch others.

A lot of former canes still live in the area. Ran into Irbe a year or so back.

I saw Commodore and Seidenberg tonight.

Commys doing fine, and he said that he likes it in Ottawa, but is glad to be back here

and hes only here for a couple weeks to pack up his stuff :(

hes such a nice guy! :)

Where the heck do you go that you have seen like 1/2 the team in the past two weeks!?! LOL

I saw Commodore and Seidenberg tonight.

Commys doing fine, and he said that he likes it in Ottawa, but is glad to be back here

and hes only here for a couple weeks to pack up his stuff :(

hes such a nice guy! :)

Was "you know who" :P with you when you saw Commie? I know she misses him dearly.

You guys are cracking me up....the grammar freaks and the ones that pick on grammar freaks.

Nicely done...

;)

The "i" in "i'm" should be capitalized. Sorry, I pick on grammar freaks. ;)

cute tidbit, the girl you saw ladd with (is by the way his gf) that day is one of cody's (wards wife) best friends. ladd met her at cam and codys wedding

that's so sweet! btw, how do you know this?

I've had two sightings the past year or so. In March '07 i was at The Preserve Golf Course at Jordan Lake, taking pictures of my school's golf team for the yearbook. We were out on the driving range and I happen to look back to the clubhouse and make eye contact with this guy as he drives away on his golf cart. I knew I recognized his face, and it took a couple of seconds for it to register, and when it did I turned to my friend (a big canes fan) and told her "Oh my god that was Andrew Hutchinson!". She didn't believe me then I just saw her jaw drop and when i turned around Justin Williams was rolling up on another golf cart. I guess he saw us standing there and said "Hey....want to get a picture?" We walked over to him, and the he yelled back to the club house "Hey Andrew! Come get in this picture!" And Andrew Ladd comes jogging over to us. I was speechless, it was the first run-in I've had in a while with the Canes. I'll try and get a picture up here.

And last August, my parents took me out to The Cheesecake Factory at Crabtree for a birthday/graduation gift. My stepmom went to the bathroom, and spotted Aaron Ward eating with his family. She spoke briefly with him and his family, and asked for an autograph. She didn't have paper or a pen, so she got a blank receipt and a pen from the receptionist. when she cam back with the autograph I couldn't believe it. I went over to Aaron and told him thanks, and he wished me a happy birthday and congrats on my graduation, he seemed like a genuinely nice guy.

canesni9.th.jpg

We ran into Lavi on Friday night at a totally off the beaten path Mexican restaurant in Garner.....very random. Was there with his son--on their way back from his baseball game. Super nice, of course.

does he live in garner or something? i hear lots of people talk about seeing him out there.

One word for Chad LaRose...AWESOMENESS!

So I'm out shopping at Crabtree Mall earlier today, and I'm at J.Crew. Low and behold I look to my right and I see a couple entering the store...and the guy looks exactly like Chad LaRose! Of course I'm too shy to speak up and say anything about it, so I just keep staring (trying not to get noticed) so as to make sure that it really could be him. I look away for about 30 seconds...then look back at him again...and this time he's staring right at me! LOL it was SO funny because he obviously had noticed me staring at him...so here he was tilting his head back and forth like a detective trying to look over a crime scene... :lol: . So finally this forced me to speak out and ask him if it was him...sure enough of course it was...and we said hi to each other and he asked how I was doing and stuff...just a nice guy overall. It made my day though when he started staring at me lol...great sense of humor it seems.

One of the guys from the "Cam's Champs" commercials they play at every commercial break, I saw him at the mall (he works there apparently). I went up to him and said "You're in a commercial aren't you?" and it made his day. I told him he was famous and he got so happy. Not a player, but I figured I'd share anyway.

One word for Chad LaRose...AWESOMENESS!

So I'm out shopping at Crabtree Mall earlier today, and I'm at J.Crew. Low and behold I look to my right and I see a couple entering the store...and the guy looks exactly like Chad LaRose! Of course I'm too shy to speak up and say anything about it, so I just keep staring (trying not to get noticed) so as to make sure that it really could be him. I look away for about 30 seconds...then look back at him again...and this time he's staring right at me! LOL it was SO funny because he obviously had noticed me staring at him...so here he was tilting his head back and forth like a detective trying to look over a crime scene... :lol: . So finally this forced me to speak out and ask him if it was him...sure enough of course it was...and we said hi to each other and he asked how I was doing and stuff...just a nice guy overall. It made my day though when he started staring at me lol...great sense of humor it seems.

Chad must live near there because this is the second reference in here of people seeing him near Crabtree... once in the mall, and once in a gas station near the mall.

Off of the top of my head:

Erik Cole - BMW (dark blue), pearl Escalade, and an older Range Rover

Brind'Amour - Black Honda Ridgeline

Commodore - Corvette and he's been driving is friends Hummer

Cam Ward - Black Escalade

Grahame - Bergundy Escalade

Keep in mind most of them have several cars and majority of them have BMW's and Escalades. I could go on but don't have the time.

Patrick Eaves - Audi RS4 Bright Blue - very sweet car!

Back in the summer after the Cup run I saw Kaberle in a Bed Bath and Beyond out in Crossroads. He had the sling on his shoulder, post surgery, and barely spoke any English, but I got an autograph out of it. It seemed like only yesterday when he was actually....you know....good. ;)

There was one day, after practice, we were eating lunch and thought we saw one of the guys. We were eating right down from the RecZone. I didn't approach because I feel that is their "private" civilian time. THey are so great after practices about giving autgraphs, that I respect their privacy in the public sector.