The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
its-staal-good-num-12

Player Sightings

My husband ran into Scotty Walker picking up his kid(s) from preschool a few days ago-(My hubby works at the place where the preschool is-I won't say where for Scotty's privacy). He talked with him a couple minutes and said Scotty was very nice. There are a couple more players who have children that go there. All very nice every time hubby runs into them! I'll have to go to work with him sometime!

Not a player sighting really but...when we were at a practice at the REC Zone, Walks left in a mini-van. My wife and I ( as parents ourselves ) thought it was cool...made him more down to Earth....Hedican was there and with a van too...Sure, these guys have the nice rides...but it is cool to see them as regular joes from time to time. Class acts all around.

My husband ran into Scotty Walker picking up his kid(s) from preschool a few days ago-(My hubby works at the place where the preschool is-I won't say where for Scotty's privacy). He talked with him a couple minutes and said Scotty was very nice. There are a couple more players who have children that go there. All very nice every time hubby runs into them! I'll have to go to work with him sometime!

Did I just see Ray Ray on Dancing with the Stars sitting next to Hedican?

Yep! My roommate screamed when she saw him and scared the crud out of me :lol:

i just watched it but didn't tape it so i can't go back and see if it was him or not?

when was it exactly (i mean what was happening at the time) so that when the full episode is up i can watch it?

was it the result show or the performance show?

okay i just watched the dancing episode not the result and im pretty sure its him, but it may not be the pictures don't help at all but in the video it looks like him so if i can find a way to post the video i will but here is two pictures

maybe ray?

mayberay1cb6.png

maybe ray? and (deffinately) bret

mayberay2bw5.png

okay here is a video

check out 2:05-2:10 (not the best quality but looking for a better one)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=qUww0n30okM

check this one out too

1:10-1:18

what do y'all think??

okay i just watched the dancing episode not the result and im pretty sure its him, but it may not be the pictures don't help at all but in the video it looks like him so if i can find a way to post the video i will but here is two pictures

maybe ray?

mayberay1cb6.png

maybe ray? and (deffinately) bret

mayberay2bw5.png

okay here is a video

check out 2:05-2:10 (not the best quality but looking for a better one)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=qUww0n30okM[/post]

check this one out too

1:10-1:18

http://youtube.com/watch?v=d8OeCLETZu0&feature=related

what do y'all think??

GOOD EYE, That is him! And that is Brijit in front of him and Bret.

THAT'S AWESOME! Great "eagle eyes". Thanks for sharing

maybe ray?

mayberay1cb6.png

Pretty sure I saw Frank Kaberle at Crabtree this past weekend...but I mean I don't even know if he's still in town or whatever lol.

I think he's in town. The kids and I went to the N. Hills Target last week- Wednesday, I think - and we saw him shopping with his daughter. My oldest noticed him, partly because she heard someone speaking to their kid in a foreign language.

My oldest noticed him, partly because she heard someone speaking to their kid in a foreign language.

:lol::lol:

She has a good ear! Me on the other hand... I'd just ignore her.

I saw all of the 2006 Canes recently... on my wallpaper of my computer. :P

Ive noticed that alot of the sightings happen at the North Hills Mall area. Anybody have any ideas why this seems to be a popular hangout for our beloved 'Canes? Seems Target is a good place to start your 'Canewatch?

Ive noticed that alot of the sightings happen at the North Hills Mall area. Anybody have any ideas why this seems to be a popular hangout for our beloved 'Canes? Seems Target is a good place to start your 'Canewatch?

The RecZone is right there practically, and most of the players live right around that area too :)

So I'm guessing that might be why...

he was also at the results show and i have great pictures from it

small

ray1pe5.jpg

big

ray2dw5.jpg

ray3tk2.jpg

ray4pr7.jpg

ray5ma1.jpg

this was shown while he was talking to past contestants i can't remember what time period it was but during it he scratches his nose a lot and he talks to brijet at one point and then right before they went to commercial (i think) he is trying to look over the guy to see the camera its quite funny

if i can find a video i will post it

Potentially dumb question:

How do you have those pictures of the show? And they're of exactly what you're looking for too.

How do you have those pictures of the show? And they're of exactly what you're looking for too.

i watched the show off of the abc.com site and when every they went and showed the crowd i just looked for ray. really i didn't see ray i saw bret and then i was like "if he is there he has got to be around here somewhere" and i just looked and then there he was and i just started print screening it. but the thing was if i paused it, it got smaller so i had to do it fast

i watched the show off of the abc.com site and when every they went and showed the crowd i just looked for ray. really i didn't see ray i saw bret and then i was like "if he is there he has got to be around here somewhere" and i just looked and then there he was and i just started print screening it. but the thing was if i paused it, it got smaller so i had to do it fast

LOL I was telling my sister that Ray was there and she is like "Okay I will look for him" I was like "No, no..if you look for Ray, he is so tiny you will never spot him. Look for Bret" :lol: :lol:

A couple years back went to a matinee game vs St Louis I think. Anyway went to Kon-Ki (sp?) in Crabtree mall. Went to the men's room and a kid comes running in. A few seconds later his dad, Rod walks in looking for him. I was wearing my jersey from the game and could tell he didn't really want to be bothered. Just said hi and let him be with his family. No mistaking that nose.

Not a player sighting really but...when we were at a practice at the REC Zone, Walks left in a mini-van. My wife and I ( as parents ourselves ) thought it was cool...made him more down to Earth....Hedican was there and with a van too...Sure, these guys have the nice rides...but it is cool to see them as regular joes from time to time. Class acts all around.

Yeah, one of the times I was there I was coming back in the front door after the practice and there was a minivan parked right in front of the doors. Someone was coming out, so I held the door open for them, and she thanks me as she passes. Here it was Kristi loading up their kids. That was pretty cool. :)

They really won over my family that day. Bret was very friendly and chit-chatted with my parents a little bit, and it was great watching him out on the ice skating with his daughters. They seemed like a very down to earth couple, and it's gotten my whole family to watch Dancing With the Stars just to watch Kristi and spot Bret in the audience.