The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
medfordcaniac7

NHL Network

I have direct TV and yesterday stumbled upon the NHL Network

what a great job they do. Its nice to actually see more than 2 minutes highlights of the games

and the analysis is excellent as well

cant wait for tomorrow nights game and hope to see lots of Canes goals on the extended highlights :D

Agreed, channel 215 is a pleasant change to what we have to choose from...especially when they're showing the Pens '91 SCC Final game (score was 8-0, still amazing watching it years later). It was fun to watch Francis, Recchi and Lemieux do their thing with the kids. I could have passed on the kids asking about the "weird" hairstyles and clothing from back then. (Didn't think we were that old yet) NHL on the Fly is going to spoil us. I like how they show the highlights, too.

Wait until you watch classic series, best show ever on that network for any avid hockey fan.

Hope they are able to show "relieve the Magic" with Rody and cam again with regard to game 7 of the Stanley Cup Finals. I enjoyed that.

Agreed, channel 215 is a pleasant change to what we have to choose from...especially when they're showing the Pens '91 SCC Final game (score was 8-0, still amazing watching it years later). It was fun to watch Francis, Recchi and Lemieux do their thing with the kids. I could have passed on the kids asking about the "weird" hairstyles and clothing from back then. (Didn't think we were that old yet) NHL on the Fly is going to spoil us. I like how they show the highlights, too.

Agreed B) I enjoyed the Oilers vs Flames from 84. did not remember it happening as a 13 yr old

Also tonights extended highlights were great. as opposed to waiting for the internet ones tomorrow

Its not like ESPN even knows hockey exists.

Wait until you watch classic series, best show ever on that network for any avid hockey fan.

Hope they are able to show "relieve the Magic" with Rody and cam again with regard to game 7 of the Stanley Cup Finals. I enjoyed that.

I hope so. Also as a long time Whaler fan, I hope to see a game from that Era.

Maybe one were The Whale beat Quebec in 86?

I also know they have scheduled the 89-90 playoff hightlights. The Whalers took Boston to

7 that year and I would enjoy seeing the wrapup of that series, even for a minute or two.

How awesome is "on the fly"?????? I went to bed last night feeling like I watched almost every NHL game played on Saturday night. :D

How awesome is "on the fly"?????? I went to bed last night feeling like I watched almost every NHL game played on Saturday night. :D

Anyone with the NHL network, classic Bruins series against Buffalo (1992). Look for #26, Glen Wesley.

Anyone with the NHL network, classic Bruins series against Buffalo (1992). Look for #26, Glen Wesley.

I hope so. Also as a long time Whaler fan, I hope to see a game from that Era.

Maybe one were The Whale beat Quebec in 86?

I also know they have scheduled the 89-90 playoff hightlights. The Whalers took Boston to

7 that year and I would enjoy seeing the wrapup of that series, even for a minute or two.

Ummm...most series they only have highlights from 1990-present. However, cup finals they have earlier ones from the 80's. I have seen game 7 played for Vintage Hockey between Whalers and Montreal from 1986, but don't know if you'd want to watch that,lol.

So most series involving the whalers , well actually there really isn't that much. Maybe 3 series I guess, best one was against Montreal that i saw. They have shown the canes, I saw the 1999 series vs. Boston. 2002 series vs. NJ, they have had vs. the Habs, Toronto and Detroit in 2002 as well but I haven't seen them yet.

If your a Roddy fan, try and catch some mid-90's series with the Flyers involved. Or some early 90's series with the Blues. You'll see he has been a good playoff performer for quite a while.

I am sure they'll have classic series for the 2006 playoffs maybe this spring.

From the Time Warner Website -- its now official!!

"November 7, 2007: NHL Network was added to Digital Sports & Games Ch. 330. The NHL Network features wall-to-wall coverage of the NHL with up to 40 games available this season.

For the month of November, we will offer a FREE PREVIEW to all Digital Cable customers. After the free preview, customers interested in the NHL Network will need to purchase the Digital Sports and Games tier, which is currently $2.95 per month."

From the Time Warner Website -- its now official!!

"November 7, 2007: NHL Network was added to Digital Sports & Games Ch. 330. The NHL Network features wall-to-wall coverage of the NHL with up to 40 games available this season.

For the month of November, we will offer a FREE PREVIEW to all Digital Cable customers. After the free preview, customers interested in the NHL Network will need to purchase the Digital Sports and Games tier, which is currently $2.95 per month."

Sweet! Thank goodness TW is in Raleigh. I can't wait to get rid of SuddenLink :D

Wow, in my first 5 minutes of watching the NHL Network (on time warner)...I've seen the "is the the year" commercial with plenty of Eric Staal quotes, an ad for the NHL's DVD full of Game 7's in Stanley Cup History (justin williams' goal made the ad) and both Ron Francis and Glen Wesley highlights in the 92 Pittsburgh/Boston series.

Just to reiterate, this is a great channel

much better than ESPNews showing 35 min of football analysis (dont get me wrong I love football but its beaten to death the Pats Colts game I wish were 6-3 for a final as you would have though God vs Allah was playing)

22 min of basketball and 3 minutes of hockey on a good day :P

This is sarcasm but most know what I mean