The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
Ref107

Crosby

A little off topic here but didn't want to start a new thread just for this.

Watched the Pens game last night and Gerber shut down Crosby on a couple of one on one breakaways.

Crosby was so frustrated he was shaking his head and banging his stick on the wall and ice.

I don't understand why Crosby's first NHL fight is so important <_< - noone cared about the other fights... for example there was some big (and better!!!) fighting in Phoenix - San Jose game!

But exactly - the Bruins - Penguins game was unbeliveable...Boston coming from 4-0 to 4-4 tie was amazing, and they deserved it! Unfortunately for them they were so tired and couldn't catch the win in shootout. That was just great night in NHL - 5 goal game by Gaborik, 5-4 Panthers versus Canes matchup, last minute win for Tampa Bay against the Leafs ... just Wow :blink:

Seriously, the fights between Chara and Laraque were much more entertaining. Two of the best fighters in the league going at it. Crosby's bout was still entertaining, but not as much as the big guys' match. I only wish the Bruins had won. I used to like the Pens, but the media's obsession with Crosby just bothers me.

And wow, I'm watching the Phx/SJ game highlights and wow, were there some fights in that puppy.

Hmmm, maybe not a clear fightning, but there were some big punches (anyway the game was exciting, the Yotes tied it at about 40 secs left in 3rd, and the goalies were great! look at Bryzgalov saves from the last seconds and OT! and did You see that Gretzky's frustration about second Sharks goal? He went nuts!) but Yes, I agree, I hate that media excitement about Crosby!

Crosby got in his first fight tonight in the NHL against Andrew Ferrence. It was a good fight and Crosby actually cut him.

So is Crosby a scratcher? :P

I say Trade "SID THE KID" to the CANES for the rest of his career,,,that would be enough punishment,,,

plus the fact that we just might win a few more CUPS!!! ( sarcasm ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^- just in case you want to rip my head off) ;)

Not Crosby's fault. Leaf ownership and public relations do stupid garbage sometimes, because they have loyal (and sometimes dumb) fans. Honestly though, its kind of obvious the Leafs wouldn't be too pleased with crosby putting on a show right after they practice, plus as much as people hate him he's not that kind of guy.

When Kane came to Buffalo, the Hawks had an open practice. Dustin Byfuglien a 6'3 250lb, Defenseman came dressed out as Kane wearing his uniform and started signing autographs. Kane is 5'10, 150 with long hair. Apparently he was laughing so hard everyone began to notice and he was caught in the act. Nobody cared... everyone thought it was funny and the Sabres got the last laugh winning 3-1.

When Kane came to Buffalo, the Hawks had an open practice. Dustin Byfuglien a 6'3 250lb, Defenseman came dressed out as Kane wearing his uniform and started signing autographs. Kane is 5'10, 150 with long hair. Apparently he was laughing so hard everyone began to notice and he was caught in the act. Nobody cared... everyone thought it was funny and the Sabres got the last laugh winning 3-1.

haha I was sitting by the tunnel right when that happened. I love how differently people took it in Buffalo - they showed it on the news and everyone had a good chuckle. lol

If the NHL didn't have Crosby right now, this league would be cast into oblivion. Generally speaking, no one cares about hockey.

Crosby will make everyone in the sport richer and more watched as the years go by. We need Crosby more than ever. My .02

If the NHL didn't have Crosby right now, this league would be cast into oblivion. Generally speaking, no one cares about hockey.

Crosby will make everyone in the sport richer and more watched as the years go by. We need Crosby more than ever. My .02

ahhhhh.............now that makes sense...finally. Would I love to see someone like Lecavalier get more recgonition, yeah ofcourse or how about getting Cary Price out there as the next Roy...yeah I would like that too but its not gonna happen . Crosby is the name right now....news flash though,the attention he gets is not his fault.

ahhhhh.............now that makes sense...finally. Would I love to see someone like Lecavalier get more recgonition, yeah ofcourse or how about getting Cary Price out there as the next Roy...yeah I would like that too but its not gonna happen . Crosby is the name right now....news flash though,the attention he gets is not his fault.

I agree, I don't think Crosby expected all the hype he's getting. You can blame Gretzky for bragging on Crosby to be the possible player to break his records. I think every team has at least 1 superstar that should be talked about.

News flash.....the attention he gets is deserved. I, too, would like to see more attention thrown to other players. Marketing is marketing in any sports league (anyone remember all the hype of some old basketball player named Jordan?????? He and several other players carried that league....Magic, Bird, Ewing, etc.). It happens all the time.

News flash.....the attention he gets is deserved. I, too, would like to see more attention thrown to other players. Marketing is marketing in any sports league (anyone remember all the hype of some old basketball player named Jordan?????? He and several other players carried that league....Magic, Bird, Ewing, etc.). It happens all the time.

ofcourse the attention he gets is deserved.....I meant the attention he gets from the NHL marketing dept. is not his fault...so theres no point in using that has a reason to hate him.

I don't hate or love him. He's talented, and just because the NHL is obsessed with him, along with the media (THN's article on Crosby made me want to puke), that's not a reason to hate him. He's got some talent, and he finally decided to stand up for something. Hey, it took him three years. :P