The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  

Bruins great start may have hit a road block

Wow, that's some awful luck for those guys.

What a way for Fernandez to get injured.

I think that lets cole's "injured playing soccer" off the hook of being the oddest/weirdest injury for a hockey player to get... stepping on a puck... hmm.

I think that lets cole's "injured playing soccer" off the hook of being the oddest/weirdest injury for a hockey player to get... stepping on a puck... hmm.

nahhh... Dropping your skate on your hand and slicing the tendons - now that's wierd

Wasn't it Marty McSorely a few years back that slipped on some ice on a sidewalk getting out of a car and broke his ankle? I could be wrong on the player, but I remember the incident. Thought how ironic it was a hockey player slipping on the ice like that.

An update on Bergeron's condition from NESN:

Patrice Bergeron has been diagnosed with a grade #3 concussion as well as a broken nose. From what Ive been hearing on NESN today, none of the other players have been able to see him yet, and he will most likely be out for at least a month, providing all concussion symptoms are gone.

And to add insult to injury for the Bruins, Manny Fernandez stepped on a puck in practice and injured his foot. Tim Thomas will be in goal tomorrow against Buffalo, and they called up a goalie from Providence.

Tough break for the Bruins. They were really off to one of the strongest starts in a lot of years.

http://tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=221798&hubname=nhl''>http://tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=221798&hubname=nhl' target="_blank">http://tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=221798&hubname=nhl[/post]

Thomas has been playing better than Fernandez anyway, so I don't think he's as much of a loss as Bergeron. We'll see if they can keep the start up and not screw up Boston's sports mojo, though at least one of their teams is going to have to start loosing eventually right?

Thomas has been playing better than Fernandez anyway, so I don't think he's as much of a loss as Bergeron. We'll see if they can keep the start up and not screw up Boston's sports mojo, though at least one of their teams is going to have to start loosing eventually right?

Hehehehe....not necessarily :P . Its a pretty tight knit sorts community up there with the coaches of all the teams in Boston being pretty friendly with eachother. I think the Celtics and the Bruins just want in on all the fun.

Still giddy from the WS, I'll behave now so medford keeps me in his 25% of good Boston sports fans.

Hehehehe....not necessarily :P . Its a pretty tight knit sorts community up there with the coaches of all the teams in Boston being pretty friendly with eachother. I think the Celtics and the Bruins just want in on all the fun.

Still giddy from the WS, I'll behave now so medford keeps me in his 25% of good Boston sports fans.

Wasn't it Marty McSorely a few years back that slipped on some ice on a sidewalk getting out of a car and broke his ankle? I could be wrong on the player, but I remember the incident. Thought how ironic it was a hockey player slipping on the ice like that.

I am 95% sure your talking about Jose Theodore.

Update on Patrice Bergeron:

Per the GM of the Bruins:

"He could be out a month. He could be out two months. He could be out a year," Chiarelli said.

Chiarelli said that Bergeron can hold a conversation for several minutes, but then becomes tired and loses focus. Bergeron wakes up once or twice each night and is wears a neck collar during the day. He is sedentary and can watch TV, but becomes distracted easily, according to Chiarelli.

Perhaps the most disturbing news was that Bergeron required a wheelchair to travel from his home to the Garden for treatment several days ago. Bergeron usually walks to the Garden for games and practices.

"I was told at one point that it was pretty certain he had broken his neck," said Chiarelli. "He's very well-conditioned. He's strong up top with the [trapezoid muscles], shoulders, and neck. But for that, he probably would have broken his neck."

Update on Patrice Bergeron:

Per the GM of the Bruins:

"He could be out a month. He could be out two months. He could be out a year," Chiarelli said.

Chiarelli said that Bergeron can hold a conversation for several minutes, but then becomes tired and loses focus. Bergeron wakes up once or twice each night and is wears a neck collar during the day. He is sedentary and can watch TV, but becomes distracted easily, according to Chiarelli.

Perhaps the most disturbing news was that Bergeron required a wheelchair to travel from his home to the Garden for treatment several days ago. Bergeron usually walks to the Garden for games and practices.

"I was told at one point that it was pretty certain he had broken his neck," said Chiarelli. "He's very well-conditioned. He's strong up top with the [trapezoid muscles], shoulders, and neck. But for that, he probably would have broken his neck."

:lol: top you are never like the others. Maybe its up to 27.999% this week

I like the Bruins and Thomas has played very well this year. last nights win over the Sabres

was good. this Kessell kid is very good and can score 35 this year I predict.

No comment on the Celts. Can only watch so much sports :P

Hope they do well for the 27.999%

I like the Bruins and Thomas has played very well this year. last nights win over the Sabres

I'm not a big basketball fan so if I jump on the Celtics bandwagon, you can move me up to the top 25% of obnoxious Boston sports fans.

Now...the Bruins are a whole different story, Id love to see them make the playoffs, they just haven't been the same since the Cam Neely days. I guess that makes me a bad fan per another thread cause my first allegiance is with the Canes, but I have no issue with cheering on the B's.

And to get back on the topic of this thread, the more I read about Patrice Bergeron and watch NESN, the angrier I get. :angry:

And Medford, I'm asking for an exemption in "Medford's Boston fan rankings" tomorrow cause at 4:00pm....Im all about the Pats! *runs to hide*

I'm not a big basketball fan so if I jump on the Celtics bandwagon, you can move me up to the top 25% of obnoxious Boston sports fans.

Now...the Bruins are a whole different story, Id love to see them make the playoffs, they just haven't been the same since the Cam Neely days. I guess that makes me a bad fan per another thread cause my first allegiance is with the Canes, but I have no issue with cheering on the B's.

And to get back on the topic of this thread, the more I read about Patrice Bergeron and watch NESN, the angrier I get. :angry:

And Medford, I'm asking for an exemption in "Medford's Boston fan rankings" tomorrow cause at 4:00pm....Im all about the Pats! *runs to hide*

And the Bruins lose yet another high scorer, Marco Sturm. He got hit in the head with a puck during the game tonight with Buffalo.

Talk about some bad luck....but they did beat the Sabres 4-1.

And the Bruins lose yet another high scorer, Marco Sturm. He got hit in the head with a puck during the game tonight with Buffalo.

Talk about some bad luck....but they did beat the Sabres 4-1.

Aww man, that sucks! That puts a major damper on my prediction that every Boston team will win their respective championship this year. (First the Red Sox, next the Patriots, then the Celtics are dominating...)

Though the Bruins are still in the realm of making the playoffs, so maybe we'll see a good trade by them in the not too distant future that will give them a boost?

Really, they are a team that has turned its ship around and doing much better than the past couple of years. Great to see that. Helps me in following them that they've got a player on their roster that I wish I could see in a Canes jersey, too.

I'm being completely serious when I suggest that if Boston makes it into the playoffs, Thomas should win the Hart trophy.

Not sure about that one but he's sure having a great year.

Completely unrelated to Thomas or Bergeron, how awesome would it be to have Chara leading our defense?

I'm being completely serious when I suggest that if Boston makes it into the playoffs, Thomas should win the Hart trophy.

Not sure about that one but he's sure having a great year.

Completely unrelated to Thomas or Bergeron, how awesome would it be to have Chara leading our defense?