The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  

Habs players get arrested

sounds like it could have very easily been avoided, at least they aren't punching strippers and beating their wives yet.

Something about getting into the warm weather must bring out the worst in some.... *cough EddieBelfour cough*

Something about getting into the warm weather must bring out the worst in some.... *cough EddieBelfour cough*

sounds like it could have very easily been avoided, at least they are punching strippers and beating their wives yet.

How could it have been avoided? They only way is if his girlfriend was actually there. Which the story doesnt say. Maybe the purse went good with his outfit. :blink:

He stole a purse? What the hell?

Agreed with fw, this is dumb and no better/worse than Staal's incident. Well, maybe a little worse, but this still sounds pretty minor. Resisting an officer sounds bad, but I doubt there was violence. We shall see.

I don't believe the NHL will ever be like the NBA or the NFL.

How could it have been avoided? They only way is if his girlfriend was actually there. Which the story doesnt say. Maybe the purse went good with his outfit. :blink:

i dont know many people who would take a purse and hang around with it, unless they believed it was for them (or someone they know). and im sure the cops didnt need to be called and then forced to make an arrest once the guy realizes it really wasnt his girlfriends. i mean, would it take the cops to make you know that a purse wasnt yours or your girlfriends? the purse probably looked like the stanley cup, and thats why he thought it was his, good thing reality came in and set him straight! :lol:

No one outside the Hockey world will ever hear of this...its the NHL remember?

But, this does give me a good idea for a sign. When do we play the Habs again?

Yeah, Yeah...we know..."O'byrne stole my sign"...I got another one too: "O'byrne, pass me your lipstick!"

pretty hilarious story, though. i bet somewhere in the season, the boys'll have some fun with this one...maybe leave a purse with a $20 bill in his locker. :lol:

PS: it had nothing to do with stealing a purse...he was just drunk and wanted to use a cell phone...who among us hasn't played with the idea in our moments of inebriated desperation?

i dont know many people who would take a purse and hang around with it, unless they believed it was for them (or someone they know). and im sure the cops didnt need to be called and then forced to make an arrest once the guy realizes it really wasnt his girlfriends. i mean, would it take the cops to make you know that a purse wasnt yours or your girlfriends?

Ask alot of spouses what their wife's purse looks like, and you'll probably hear this:

big, brown, tassles

small, red, under the arm

We switch them so often, how in the world can the men keep track of them? I'd bet dollar to donuts that my hubby couldn't pick my top 3 purses out of a line up. He just doesn't care.

Yeah, Yeah...we know..."O'byrne stole my sign"...I got another one too: "O'byrne, pass me your lipstick!"

pretty hilarious story, though. i bet somewhere in the season, the boys'll have some fun with this one...maybe leave a purse with a $20 bill in his locker. :lol:

PS: it had nothing to do with stealing a purse...he was just drunk and wanted to use a cell phone...who among us hasn't played with the idea in our moments of inebriated desperation?

"Hit 'em with your purse!"

I saw couple of guys waving around purses during the Canadiens game in Tampa tonight.

It's kind of embaressing.

It'll fade when the next scandal hits.

I saw couple of guys waving around purses during the Canadiens game in Tampa tonight.

It's kind of embaressing.

It'll fade when the next scandal hits.

If either one score a hat-trick,throw purses on the ice instead of hats.

Or we could call them a "BUNCH OF PURSEY'S"