The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
1-Caniac

Top five teams that you hate in the NHL

I love the game of hockey too much to have a real sense of hatred for any team but the one I like least, going back to my Whaler days, would easily be Montreal. Boston would then be an extremely distant second and everyone else is essentially neutral in my eyes until they step on the ice with the Canes on a given night.

Go Canes

Oh god...not another one. :roll:

Hey dboon3930-- who has won both meetings this year between my Sabres and your Canes??????????

BUFFALO.

If your team is so good how come they've lost to the SABRES??? Besides, have you checked the standings lately???? SABRES ROCK, Canes DO NOT

Hey dboon3930-- who has won both meetings this year between my Sabres and your Canes??????????

BUFFALO.

If your team is so good how come they've lost to the SABRES??? Besides, have you checked the standings lately???? SABRES ROCK, Canes DO NOT

1. dboon is a Sabres fan.

2. If your team is so good, why have they never won a Stanley Cup?

I can't believe that you actually thought I was a Canes fan who disliked the Sabres. Do you see the avatar? That's Steve Shields beating up Garth Snow. Do you see my signature? It's in reference to what Rick Jeanneret said about Paul Gaustad when he scored (and come to think of it, it was on the Canes, I believe). Do you see the numbers in my screen name? Ryan Miller's Michigan State number and Sabres number. Do you see my location? Buffalo. Yep, I'm a Canes fan...*sarcasm*

We don't need more Sabres fans trolling other teams' boards. Seriously, what's the point? You're not gonna change any minds, and you're not gonna get us a Stanley Cup. It's one thing to come to other boards to talk hockey (which is why I'm here), it's another thing to just start arguments with people about how your team is better than theirs, on their board especially. Do you like it when Canes fans do things like this on the Sabres boards? No. So don't do it here.

BUFFALO.

**smacks knuckles w/ a ruler**... & YOU'RE here.... WHY?? Turn off your computer & go back to playing w/ the other kids outside.

Go ahead now, run along... Mommy should be calling you in for dinner soon...

And thank you, boonie. That last post by you is one of the reasons I enjoy having you on our forums. **HUGS**, babe.

My top 5 are:

1. Canes-- fans still don't understand that Sabres were the real champs last year and they are proving it this year.

Did you just start watching hockey in the playoffs or something? Injuries are part of the game. That's like saying "if we scored more, we'd be champs". You just make yourself look stupid saying things like that. If you can't deal with your team getting injured, follow golf or something.

People like this are just habitually bitter and insecure in the fact that their team is not a championship team. Wait until the playoffs and you'll see it again. There is always some excuse ... injuries, skates in the crease... whatever. The bottom line is that the team doesn't play well enough to win championships. That doesn't mean you have to be bitter and jealous. It just makes Buffalo fans look insecure and pitiful.

Actually, Edmonton fans owe us one. If the Canes hadn't taken Buffalo out, they would have had to hear about the injuries that resulted in THEM beating the Sabres in the cup finals.

Personally, I find it hard to really hate teams now that the Canes are champions. I'm just enjoying the season and watching as many hockey games as I can. Ahhh gotta love hockey season and CI!!!

In all honestly, Edmonton would have put Buffalo's centerman threw the boards if they played in the finals.

I hate it when Buffalo fans make this argument, because it makes it sound like the Oilers were a push-over. :roll:

Thank you Hoyle for making that point because I've been biting my tongue on that one. Some Buffalo fans, and by no means all of them, but some seem to forget that even if you had beaten the Canes, there was another very good team in the way before you could get that Cup. So blaming the Canes for the Sabres not winning the Cup last year is very disrespectful to the Oilers organization IMO because you make it seem like they weren't even there.

I can't believe that you actually thought I was a Canes fan who disliked the Sabres. Do you see the avatar? That's Steve Shields beating up Garth Snow. Do you see my signature? It's in reference to what Rick Jeanneret said about Paul Gaustad when he scored (and come to think of it, it was on the Canes, I believe). Do you see the numbers in my screen name? Ryan Miller's Michigan State number and Sabres number. Do you see my location? Buffalo. Yep, I'm a Canes fan...*sarcasm*

We don't need more Sabres fans trolling other teams' boards. Seriously, what's the point? You're not gonna change any minds, and you're not gonna get us a Stanley Cup. It's one thing to come to other boards to talk hockey (which is why I'm here), it's another thing to just start arguments with people about how your team is better than theirs, on their board especially. Do you like it when Canes fans do things like this on the Sabres boards? No. So don't do it here.

I'd say that's a PWNT to the 10th power.

1. Canes-- fans still don't understand that Sabres were the real champs last year and they are proving it this year.

It amazes me that Canes fans actually know how to think.

BLAH BLAH BLAH!!! I see that Canes fans haven't gotten any smarter over the off season. The ONLY reason the Canes won last year is because Buffalo was decimated with injuries

Funny, who won the 2 meetings this year?????

BUFFALO BUFFALO BUFFALO!!!!!!!

The real champs are the ones who played through broken wrists, concussions, hip problems, shoulder issues, and the like to hoist the Cup high over their heads. They were injured too, they just didn't tell anyone (except Pete Friesen) until it was done. It was a great series, but only one team could win. Stewing about something that happened 6 months ago won't change anything.

And nothing you can do in one season can change a previous season. Buffalo isn't proving they're last year's champs with the start they're having, they're merely proving that they're still a contender. Besides, 12 wins isn't enough for the Cup. As Hoyle said, you don't know what would have happened had Buffalo played a very good team out of Edmonton.

And another thing: every person on this forum will tell you that regular season matchups aren't any good for making predictions in April.

Can't say that I hate one particular team more then another, but its easy to root against any team in our division, TB, WAS, and ATL obviously. I don't dislike the slugs as a team, but they really do have one of a kind trolls. Never really cared for either NY team, not really sure why, or NJ for that matter.

See signature.

I don't hate any teams because they all play hockey (albeit some better than others).

Oh and to the inbred redneck who felt the need to come all the way from his nosebleed seats down to Sec. 121 Row A on Thursday night just to tell my friend with the Montreal jersey on that "Canadians don't know hockey - Jethro know hockey" - You are an idiot and your comment is an insult to 2/3rds of the Carolina Hurricanes' players and you are an embarassment to those of us with a clue who root for the Hurricanes. Next time think before you babble randomly.

Hate + Stupidity = Bad combination

sorry about that guy amanzella.

hate + stupidity + alcohol = bad combination

I dont hate any hockey teams, just Sabres fans. I believe we have a prime example on our boards today going by the name Max_Afinogenov61. Go get a life you jerk, its not even the playoffs and youre on another teams boards. You suck. A lot. MASSIVE amounts, in fact. And thats why I hate sabres fans. That and the fact that I can't even put on a canes jersey while walking through my own teams parking lot without being screamed at and threatened by buffalo's drunken, asinine, STANLEY CUP-LESS fans.

And I also hate orpik. For a while there I hated that whole team when trevor got hit as well, but then i saw how sorry armstrong (?) was. So, its not all of the penguins, just orpik.

Oh I am well-versed in the world of "idiot fans". I spent 20 years in DC and Washington Redskin fans are the lowest rung of the food chain. Single-cell aeomeba are more evolved than they are. They annoy me to no end - and I care less about football than I do underwater basket weaving.

I am just hoping this idiot sees this post and has a reaction.

sorry about that guy amanzella.

hate + stupidity + alcohol = bad combination

I dont hate any hockey teams, just Sabres fans. I believe we have a prime example on our boards today going by the name Max_Afinogenov61. Go get a life you jerk, its not even the playoffs and youre on another teams boards. You suck. A lot. MASSIVE amounts, in fact. And thats why I hate sabres fans. That and the fact that I can't even put on a canes jersey while walking through my own teams parking lot without being screamed at and threatened by buffalo's drunken, asinine, STANLEY CUP-LESS fans.

And I also hate orpik. For a while there I hated that whole team when trevor got hit as well, but then i saw how sorry armstrong (?) was. So, its not all of the penguins, just orpik.

hmmm....im tempted to say youre a hypocrite.