The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
gocanes88

NHL goal horns

I actually like Edmonton's. I find Montreal's and Boston's to be pretty weak.

My fav's:

Canes

Dallas

Calgary

San Jose

Nashville

Buffalo

Like gocanes88, even though I hate the Slugs, I have to say they have a cool goal horn.

Those annoy me. I hear a ton of lame sound effects, and that's just from watching on TV. Who knows how many I'll hear when I get to go.

No way is Edmonton's wimpy - it's loud and obnoxious! Which I think is awesome. haha I like good strong horn sounds - no added sound effects, I hate those.

I wish goal horns weren't necessary though (not that they really are, but teams have to have them now) as well as all that music and stuff. The only music that should be allowed is organ music. I love organ music and hockey games.

I've always wondered why almost all of the teams in the western conference have lower pitched goal horns. In the east, the goal horns are usually slightly high (like Tampa's) whereas in the west, the teams have deeper, and lower horns (with the exception of Edmonton)

Philly got a new horn last year. They said it's a ships horn, it's really loud. But I don'thave anything to compare it with. Just the ones I hear on TV. Are they all loud like that? It sounds like a foghorn.

Not sure if it's an actual horn, but I know in the NHL07 PC game, they've got a wolf howl as a horn. I want to say that it's Phoenix's horn, but I couldn't be for sure.

Not sure if it's an actual horn, but I know in the NHL07 PC game, they've got a wolf howl as a horn. I want to say that it's Phoenix's horn, but I couldn't be for sure.
No, phoenix uses a regular goal horn. It's really deep like a fog horn. NHL07 just put that in for some random reason.

Don't forget OLN's horn that they play everytime someone scores. :evil:

I think that's completely ridiculous. Don't add sounds to your broadcast that aren't actually there.

Edit: That was OLN that was doing that right? I think so. And also, I agree, Edmonton has a horrible goal ... sound. You can't even call it a horn.

No, phoenix uses a regular goal horn. It's really deep like a fog horn. NHL07 just put that in for some random reason.

EA puts those in for created teams

i'm a fan of carolina's (no bias of course :mrgreen: )...i also like dallas, atlanta, and nashville's horns...i'm not a fan of edmonton, or the sirens like buffalo or washington...stick to the horn.

i'm a fan of carolina's (no bias of course :mrgreen: )...i also like dallas, atlanta, and nashville's horns...i'm not a fan of edmonton, or the sirens like buffalo or washington...stick to the horn.

Yeah, I agree about the siren. I don't dislike our horn (yeah I'm probably biased too haha) but it would be better if there was no siren after the initial horn sound is over.

i'm definitely a fan of blasting the goal horn like ATL does and then 1 more blast for each goal, so if it's 5 to 1 in favor of ATL then they blast it 5 times after the initial..that's kind of a cool idea :)