The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
gocanes88

NHL goal horns

I really do like ours! I love the initial horn and the WOOO's that accompany it. I especially like when they play a sound bite of Chewbacca afterwards. That always cracks me up! I think I like our horn so much because anytime I hear a train horn or anything that sounds remotely like our goal horn I get all tingly and excited! I don't think I have a horn I really dislike, but you get so accustomed to your own horn that others just don't sound right.

I think NHL games add some pretty interesting additional horns for created teams. Some of them would be great if they were used in the NHL (like some of the animal roars and what not). But that's probably just me. :mrgreen:

:roll: Are the Canes no longer in Raleigh? Because if so, I was not informed.

I was going by city, wise guy.

Hey... I was just teasing you. No need to get harsh. :(

Our seats are about 20 feet away from the goal horn, directly in front of it. It's no big deal when an actual goal is scored, cause I'm already jumping out of my seat then anyway.

But when the horn goes off for things like the end of the mites halftimes show.. it is quite a shock to the system.

I would prefer if teams were named after their city. Just a pet peeve of mine.

i agree in some cases. like to have the florida panthers is dumb, since they have tampa too. but for carolina or minnesota, i like it.

p.s...golden state warriors=ridiculous.

I agree with what you said. If it's the only team in the state, that's okay, since it's pretty much the whole state's team, anyway. But yeah, Golden State is stupid. If you must name it after the state, why not California Warriors?

:roll: Are the Canes no longer in Raleigh? Because if so, I was not informed.

I was going by city, wise guy.

Hey... I was just teasing you. No need to get harsh. :(

Also teasing.

My intro said not to take me seriously.

I would prefer if teams were named after their city. Just a pet peeve of mine.

Now introducing, your...

East Rutherford Devils

Sunrise Panthers

Uniondale Islanders

Glendale Coyotes

St. Paul Wild

:lol: Sounds kind of stupid, eh?

Also teasing.

My intro said not to take me seriously.

Oh, okay. I didn't see a friendly smiley, so I thought you were being serious. It's all good, now, though. :)

Good:

The 'Canes (obviously, it's unique)

Stars (awesome)

Blues (loud)

Devils

Flames

Sabres :cry:

Rangers

Ducks (just b/c it sounds like a duck)

Bad:

Montreal (what the heck is that? Nothing against the Habs, but it sounds nothing like a goal horn)

Edmonton (screechy)

Detroit (tinny)

Boston (do they even have one?)

Our horn sounds the best.! I think another good idea is to Blast the horn two times before the song Rock You like a Hurricane starts to play as the Canes take the ice..That would surely get the fans going from the start.. :thumbup:

I've always liked the Caps horn. The siren and the horn is a nice touch.

As for bad.... Montreal is the worst. Followed closely by the long and annoying Oilers horn (I'm sure you guys can understand that one!!)

The canes goal horn is the best...

Id have to say teams like edmonton, montreal etc...shouldnt even be called a "goal horn"...id have to say it sounds more like a little boy screaming before hitting puberty

I've always liked the Caps horn. The siren and the horn is a nice touch.

As for bad.... Montreal is the worst. Followed closely by the long and annoying Oilers horn (I'm sure you guys can understand that one!!)

Wow, I'm the total opposite. I hate the Caps horn, I think the siren is annoying and unnecessary, and I like the Oil horn because it's obnoxious. haha

Does Montreal even use a horn....Everytime they score all i hear is U2 :x

Yeah, but it's high-pitched and sounds nothing like a legit goal horn. Not like they really need it, the Habs fans blow the roof off that place after every goal. I like U2, but "Vertigo" is about the worst goal song ever.

Whats funny as well is the Devils have started using the Habs old goal song, the "Olé! Olé! Olé!" one. Needless to say, it sounds pretty out of place in New Jersey.