The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
USArmyRangrs

300 Section

I have spent the vast majority of the games I have gone to in the 300s, its not the same as being down in the lower bowl, but you still get a good view of everything and so long as you don't have an issue with heights, you should find they are well worth the price. If you are still not sure, you can check it out for yourself here:

http://www.seats3d.com/nhl/carolina_hurricanes/

LOVE the lower bowl... NO doubt about it. But love my 300 level seats too. You can see the plays developing and there are few obstructions. 328 section provides much entertainment and horn guy over in 338 gets us going. 304 section is great for near center ice behind the benches. Not many T's make it up this high but storm squad pay visits from time to time...

I have been sitting in the lower bowl for 8 years now and really like being that close to the action. That said, I now buy a couple of 24- game packs and when the game is not in those packs, I usually sit upstairs. The difference I find is you can watch a play taking place and that is good, but it is hard to figure out who it is. I guess if you get used to it , it is great. Again, I enjoy it but I also enjoy the watching the goalies make the little moves that stops the puck and being up close in the lower bowl.

The $10 day-of-game ticket in the Upper Goal Zone is the BEST value available. South end is much better as the Canes shoot twice. I've sat in other sections upstairs, but its not worth the extra cost (in my opinion). I.E The view/experience isn't 3 or 4 times better in the $30 or $40 seats.

Now, if money is no object, I'd definitely prefer the lower bowl. But unless its a 2-for-1, I'm going UGZ.

I've been attending games in the 200 level as part of a group for some time now, but I'm getting a little tired of the price tag associated with it. Aside from seeing the view on the seat selector, what's it actually like from the $30.00 seats in the corners? Can you make out who players are? I just need to know if they're terrible seats or if they do have merit to them. Thanks, guys!

i have sat practically everywhere in the arena and love 302-304, besides the cost benefit you get a good view of all the ice and the action. Also the fans in the 300 section are more into the action. Some folks in the lower bowl are there to "make an appearance" but us nose bleed folks are too high up to worry about that!! LOL

Personally I think after the novelty of the lower bowl wears off the 300 section is better seats. I'm like C97, I have several places and sat 4 rows Center Ice from the glass (it was pretty cool once in a while, but not seats I would want on a regular basis) and other lower bowl seats at different times and always miss my 300 seats. I have never not been able to see a players name or number when they are on the ice. I think the lower bowl is a waste of money. IMHO.

our tickets are section 304 and we LOVE it...dead center and we can see everything. We've sat in the lower bowl time to time and thats a nice treat but i love our 304 seats!

just throwing this out there... but a lot of people buy the $10/$20 seats and just move elsewhere. If you look at that section, which sells out every night, it is almost empty. Thats because not everyone who buys those tickets sit there. Having said that, the 300 level seats are not bad. if youve got average vision you can make out the player names on the jerseys if you concentrate. You cant really see their faces. I had lower level center ice tickets in january and it made me feel spoiled. but i cant afford it all the time and go with the 300 level tickets. its better than watching on tv.

I wondered what it was like in the upper seats. I don't get to go to games often, being 2 hours away from RBC and when we do go, we've gotten seats from friends in the lower sections. I'd like to try to go more often and was wondering if the cost of the drive and the proximity of the upper seats to the ice would be worth it. Sounds like it might be worth checking out.

just throwing this out there... but a lot of people buy the $10/$20 seats and just move elsewhere. If you look at that section, which sells out every night, it is almost empty. Thats because not everyone who buys those tickets sit there. Having said that, the 300 level seats are not bad. if youve got average vision you can make out the player names on the jerseys if you concentrate. You cant really see their faces. I had lower level center ice tickets in january and it made me feel spoiled. but i cant afford it all the time and go with the 300 level tickets. its better than watching on tv.

I love going to an NHL game for $10. But if I'm only willing to spend $10, I have no right to move to the $30 or $40 dollar seats. Surely, some people do it, but that doesn't make it right. Is it ok to steal as long as your not caught?

When I go we sit in 118 on the glass in seats 1-2-3-4 and The only problem is when the puck goes into the corner, the side the hurricanes shoot on, in the first and 3rd periods. You can't see the play and you have to struggle to see. Otherwise, It's great. I also love 300 seats but I prefer my glass seats :)

I haven't sat up in the 300 section since the first game of the season, and I do say that I prefer the lower level seats. I have been to around 20-ish games this season.

I do believe that seats in the 100's are cheaper than those in the 200's. I usually sit in section 116, and the view is marvolous. I feel that the 300 section is just too far away, you seem so much more in the game when sitting closer.

Go to a game, buy tickets up top and then for another buy some down low and see which you like better, it's completely different no matter where you sit but every seat promises a great view of the game.

I haven't sat in the upper level since... last season. Thank you, College Night. B)

Catherine's right, though... there's not a bad seat in the house. Even if you're in the corner of the upper level, it's not as high up as you would think.

300 section is a really nice person but I don't think she is for sale :lol::lol:

if she was she would be well worth the money!! :lol: :lol:

I've been attending games in the 200 level as part of a group for some time now, but I'm getting a little tired of the price tag associated with it. Aside from seeing the view on the seat selector, what's it actually like from the $30.00 seats in the corners? Can you make out who players are? I just need to know if they're terrible seats or if they do have merit to them. Thanks, guys!

I have always felt the difference was this, it depends on how you like to watch the game. If you want a clear overview of the entire ice then the 300 section is the way to go. If you prefer to "hear" and "feel" the action then there is nothing quiet like the lower bowl.