The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
USArmyRangrs

Autographs

usually after practices at the RBC Center, and Rec Zone

it would be better at the Rec Zone, because they walk out, instead of driving by

Go to a practice on a day they dont have a game, because they arent allowed to stop on gameday :)

after games they stop too sometimes

just as long as they have to hop on a plane somewhere else that night

hope that helps

Usually they start coming out about 30 minutes after the game ends. With the practices it's varies since they don't stop practice as a group. Watch for the players you want to leave the ice then head for the "autograph area".

Oh, okay. That's pretty cool. Just one more question. Where do they exit at? I've got seats on the 200 level so where in relation would they be? And do they have something to sign with since RBC center doesn't exactly like for you to bring sharpies in?

Oh, okay. That's pretty cool. Just one more question. Where do they exit at? I've got seats on the 200 level so where in relation would they be? And do they have something to sign with since RBC center doesn't exactly like for you to bring sharpies in?

It's outside the RBC Center between the 3000 and 4000 lots (opposite side from the box office)

I take it you've tried this! Is it hard to fight a crowd and are the players considerate and willing?

on the weekends its gets pretty crowded after the game where they come out for autos

you are against a fence, and wait for them that way

some of the players stop, some don't

it depends if they win or not too...if they lose, they arent in the best mood, and dont usually stop

i know wallin, coach, hedican, usually ladd stop every time

Thanks, guys. I really appreciate it. I really hope to get some signatures this weekend. I'm sure it'll be crowded and if I simply cannot get to a player, I'll just have to get myself to a week day game.

Thanks, guys. I really appreciate it. I really hope to get some signatures this weekend. I'm sure it'll be crowded and if I simply cannot get to a player, I'll just have to get myself to a week day game.

Or better yet a RecZone practice

Oh, it would be great to get to one of those practices, but it's a little unrealistic. I'm about 70 miles Northeast of the triangle, making it a little hard to work in a schedule that's already slammed with work and classes :P

After games can work. The times I have been there after games I haven't seen many guys come out to sign, but you could get lucky. I have managed to get a few then, including visiting players. Practices are definitely great. At the Rec Zone in particular you can get as many as 20 in one day. It is definitely worth it if you ever have the time to get here for one. Actually RBC practices are good too, although a handful of guys will drive by without stopping, since they are in their cars when they leave those.

There are weekend practices - more fans but still good. I have never failed to get autographs from at least 2-3 major stars at a practice on any day of the week. Of course, one of the downsides now is that Brind'Amour and Williams won't be available. If you make the trip, make sure to get some cool stuff to sign - like logo pucks (now available at the Eye) or a mini helmet or two.

Williams does stop after games sometimes though might I add. He got out and walked the line of people one night.

And today at the reczone Seids was there. A bunch of them signed stuff today actually.

I really appreciate the input, folks. I went to the North lot on Saturday and wrangled a good number of autographs. Too bad Staal had to leave in his Maserati so fast! The girlfriend was loving the fact that she got a picture with her 'future husband' (as she calls him) Peter Laviolette!

Thanks to all, again. It really made the night tops!

Hey, all. Just another quick question. I've noticed some people have pictures of themselves and the players that are clearly taken in the daytime. Is there time to have players sign before a game? Like when they start arriving? When do they arrive at the RBC center? Also, does Staal, Ward, or Brindy (when he's not injured), or any other high profile player sign after games? I've been three Saturdays in a row and have watched them all speed off :P

Those are probably from after practices. Brindy almost always does, Staal has been getting harder to get over the last year or so, while Whitney on the other hand I've heard has been getting easier.

Just thought I would throw my 2 cents in! We try to get to EVERY Canes Corner meetup at the local Tap Rooms (see list attached) because they post a few days ahead of time who will be there and they ALWAYS sign autographs. And they will personalize them too with your name if you want. We go, grab some beer and grub, and watch the hour long 99.9 interview. They sign during commercial breaks and a little before and after. You would think it would be mobbed, but it really isn't. Last week, my teen daughter carried on a 5 minute conversation while LaRose signed three things for her and talked about high school. Then he talked with my hubby and I pretty extensively about hockey and his broken leg. He was so charming, same with Wesley. When you meet them in that environment, it's then you realize that they are the same as you and I, personable in every way. Except they have enormous talent and make lots of money!!

Help me understand why people want to get an autograph of sports figure? Or, for that matter anyone who has obtained their fifteen minutes of fame? Not saying it's good or bad, just don't understand why someone would want someones elses bad handwriting?

Help me understand why people want to get an autograph of sports figure? Or, for that matter anyone who has obtained their fifteen minutes of fame? Not saying it's good or bad, just don't understand why someone would want someones elses bad handwriting?

Its fun and makes me feel superior to those who have none.

LOL

No one can truly make you understand why someone would want am autograph, that's like asking you why you choose a blue pen over a black one. Its all just a preference.

For me, it makes the game that much more enjoyable. It gives me a greater connection to the guys I'm watching one the ice. Its not like buying an autograph, you get to meet the person, and if you're lucky have a conversation with them if there isn't too much of a line behind you.

If you have kids, that enjoy hockey, it is even better for them. They LOVE that stuff, because as much as we try to promote heroes that aren't sports stars, they still think these guys are larger than life.

To all who have never gotten an autograph of a member of your Carolina Hurricanes, I highly recommend it.

Exactly. I'm a huge fan of getting autographs, whether it be sports, music, entertainment, etc. It is a way to verify that I did indeed attend the event and that I did indeed meet and talk with the person who is signing their name. Then, when I have a sufficient amount of autographs on a shirt, jersey, puck, hat, or whatever I'm getting signed, I frame it and let the conversations begin. I like watching the games on TV with people who really don't know too much about the Hurricanes or hockey in general and be able to truthfully say "Hey, I was actually talking with Ray Whitney after last Saturday's game. He even signed my cap for me!". Like PK above me said... It's really a preference thing.

And again, to anyone wanting a few Hurricane autographs, just go to the North side loading dock area after a winning home game. The boys are in fantastic moods and usually line up and walk down the line of people waiting. I've never seen more than 100 or so people there, so crowing is not an issue. It sure beats trying to beat the terrible RBC Center traffic after a game.

So far I've gotten my hat and jersey signed. My hat has something like 15 signatures, so I've decided to stop having that signed. My jersey has 8, and this coming Sunday against Ottawa, I'm hoping to have a Cullen shirt signed. Ooooh, he better stop!!

Can someone tell me what time what time they usually come out of practice to I could score some autographs there? I know they practice at 11 tomorrow but thought maybe I could go see some of them!