The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
CanesFan1969

Set of 4 Figurines for sale

I disagree with making a profit on a FREE GIVEAWAY! If you didn't want them you should of passed them up there are alot of people that would love to have them. I had extras and gave them away for FREE because they didn't cost me anything.

I have a boxed set of the four that I WOULDN'T sell for $150.00 &/or a new jersey!

However, I did barter with my niece for the extra Ward and Staal, and got my leaves raked and grass cut for them. I think I could have got more but I didn't want to be greedy.

What you fail to remember is that these figurines were not "free". They came with a PAID ticket that in my opinion is overpriced to begin with. If I had been out at a restaurant and been just sitting there and someone came up and gave me the figurines because I had a red shirt on, then no, I would not ask anything for something I paid nothing for. But, I pay a LOT of money for my season tickets and pay the price of getting to the games early to get these. So, supply and demand, as anything else, drives up the price and how well the Canes are doing drives up the demand!

^You paid an 'overpriced' ticket to see a hockey game, not get a figurine. Did you pay extra for the ticket b/c it was a figurine day giveaway? No, you paid the same price for that ticket that you would pay on a day that there wasn't a giveaway. Hence, the figurines were a FREE giveaway. Its a little thing called promotion.

If you want that kind of money, your best bet is trying to sell on ebay.

What you fail to remember is that these figurines were not "free". They came with a PAID ticket that in my opinion is overpriced to begin with. If I had been out at a restaurant and been just sitting there and someone came up and gave me the figurines because I had a red shirt on, then no, I would not ask anything for something I paid nothing for. But, I pay a LOT of money for my season tickets and pay the price of getting to the games early to get these. So, supply and demand, as anything else, drives up the price and how well the Canes are doing drives up the demand!

I pay for a very well priced STH season ticket. Try getting a season ticket for what we pay here in NC in NJ, NY or any other major league market. If you really want to sell your figurines for a supply & demand price go where folks are "demand"ing them ebay, flea market, etc. I've seen Ward or Staal going for $50+. Matter of fact saw I a set of four plus a ten year pennant go for $250+shipping.

It's really irritating to see topics such as these where the price of those cheesy looking figurines are grossly inflammed to try to rip off a fan. Not only just a fan but a fan of the same team.

You know in your heart all 4 of those aren't worth 20 bucks. Its a collectors item because maybe in 40 years they'll be worth 50$, not the price o a jersey. Maybe 10 Canes fans are smart enough to say no but I'd want a topic such as this locked to prevent one innocent fan or mom from buying these for her kid and grossly overpaying.

I have a couple of words for all of you people complaining... It is called supply and demand. There were a limited number of these made therefore there will be a demand for them. If the person was able to get all 4 of them then power to them for selling them for whatever they want. I also have to agree with others who said that you will have better luck on Ebay or Craigslist because here everyone is going to think you should just be giving them away for free.

Hate to break your hearts dealers, but I'll be sending the extra figurines and other canes thingssI have to Caniac23 in Florida for FREE! :o

He's a Caniac who can't buy tickets since he lives so far away and still a Caniac not a Kitty Kat Panther. Like he said the only thing in Hurricane they have in Florida is Miami Hurricanes. :P

I have all 4 figurines myself and actually they were Not Free. Yes I got them at the game with a paid ticket. But My Time is very valuable to me!

I arrived at the arena a lot earlier than normal (1 hour and 45 minutes prior to game time) to get in line and to assure myself a figurine.

So it did cost me...it cost me My Time of standing in line and waiting. For that, I would at least charge $30.00 a figurine for my time of waiting in line for them, that is the least I would take for them.

I am Not planning on selling mine. I am just making a point to the people on here claiming the figurines didn't cost anything...which simply isn't true!

One other thing...this is a Free Market and a Free Country that people can buy and sell pretty much anything they choose! (That is a great thing!!!)

This thread has strayed completely away from the original poster's intentions so its now closed. If you are interested in her figurines, pm him/her directly.

This thread has strayed completely away from the original poster's intentions so its now closed. If you are interested in her figurines, pm him/her directly.