The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
CANIAC4LIFE91

chris simon

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=232237&hubname=nhl''>http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=232237&hubname=nhl' target="_blank">http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=232237&hubname=nhl[/post]

he's obviously been treated unfairly even though his actions were wrong. pronger should have deffinately been suspended way longer than he was but since he's a "superstar" in some eyes (idk why) he didnt get it.

gosh imagine if crosby did something like this...

If Crosby did something like this, the guy he stomped would be suspended for getting his leg under Crosby's skate !!!!!!

Pronger gets special treatment because he is a goon with mad skills. He has enough of a history of suspensions that he should have gotten at the very least 15 games. (IMO)

Yeah I definitely don't feel *bad* for Simon, but he has a very good point. There are two very distinct rulesets being used for handing down suspensions, and this isn't fair to Simon. I still don't feel bad for him, but it isn't fair to him, and it isn't fair to the other hundreds and hundreds of players in the league.

it's not that i feel bad about him getting suspended that long it was deffinately right but the fact that they NHL goes and says "well you're not good any way so here's 30 games, but Pronger's way better than you so he doesnt have to sit out as long b/c we like him better."

As far as feeling bad for Chris Simon? Not a chance in hell.

Thank you! Simon is a disgrace to any jersey. As for him claiming this was the same incident- NO WAY! His stomp on Ruutu did not occur during play, it was immediately in front of the linesmen, and absolutely positively in no way could it have been read as anything other than completely intentional. While I do not condone Pronger's actions, his questionable stomp occurred during play, he and Kesler were tangled up, Kesler instigated further contact by wrapping his legs around Pronger and trying to trip him up. Once again, I DO NOT CONDONE WHAT PRONGER DID and I honestly believe he could have been more justly served with a few extra games in that suspension, but for Simon to even insinuate these incidents were the same and that Pronger deserved 30 games himself absolutely disgusts me.

Simon has a point. Pronger has a history of questionable actions, look at last year's playoffs, two suspensions. If he behaves criminally during the playoffs, he is even more likely to behave even more criminally during the regular season. I love the game of hockey, but the inconsistencies in discipline and officiating is harmful to the game.

You have to remember what Simon did was actually less dangerous than what Pronger did. Stomping on a skate, though unacceptable, would rarely cause an injury because skates are made to absorb that kind of impact. But Pronger stepped on a guys leg and if he missed the shin guard, he would have done a fair amount of damage. Neither are acceptable but Simon's actions at least carried less of a risk of injury.