The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  

Power Rankings, Fact or Fiction?

I like how cause its TSN Canada they have the Laughs(Leafs) 17th when they should be more like 27th...Thats the kinda crap I have to deal with here in Canada..

CANADIANCANIAC!!!

i think they finally noticed how good we are..

yeah i think they have, but also, I think we ARE good. we weren't so much last year. we really turned it around this season. we have 8 (Hutchinson, Vasicek, Tverdosky, K. Adams, Babchuk, Gerber, and obviously Weight and Recchi) players this year that we didnt for our cup run, but only 4 (Hamilton, Grahame, Gleason, Seidenberg) that we didn't have then. I'd say thats pretty darn good improvement. Plus we have 2 guys (Hedican and Wesley) that we didnt think we would have after that season.

Nice to see the rankings have us increasing and with some good skills we'll get up to 1st eventually!

we will eventually, I hope as well, but first, Ottawa and Detroit need to cool off. I think Detroit is starting to, but Ottawa....well, we are their only loss......fill in the blanks there

yeah they dont have any OT losses, and only the one loss to us. they are hot for sure. of note, however, the most goals they have scored in a game yet is 4. when we beat em, we got 5 and they got 3......we are scoring ALOT more proficiently.

Ottawa almost always starts out hot. Just depends on how long they're able to maintain it.

Ottawa AND Detroit.. the surprise this year (besides us) has most definitely been Minnesota, with Columbus not far behind (ok, iriding Leclaire's coat tails, but nonetheless)

Ottawa AND Detroit.. the surprise this year (besides us) has most definitely been Minnesota, with Columbus not far behind (ok, iriding Leclaire's coat tails, but nonetheless)

Let's see how long Minnesota keeps it up as well. They have like 3 players our with injured groins, including Gaborik.

we are 3rd on both, right? i cant wait till espn's comes out on wednesday. i like to go by theirs more.

Umm, we actually went down to 5 from 3 in CBS's poll. It was posted before the Isles game though and a big drudging like that will inluence the ranking. Wed is when the next 2 polls come out.

we are 3rd on both, right? i cant wait till espn's comes out on wednesday. i like to go by theirs more.

Umm, we actually went down to 5 from 3 in CBS's poll. It was posted before the Isles game though and a big drudging like that will inluence the ranking. Wed is when the next 2 polls come out.

go back and re-read it TSA. it says we are ranked 3rd and were 5th LAST week. whcih means we went UP in the rankings....right? :P

Let's see how long Minnesota keeps it up as well. They have like 3 players our with injured groins, including Gaborik.

Gaborik and Backstrom are def the 2 biggest losses for them.....i agree, lets see how long this keeps up. or, well, since they have now dropped 3 in a row, maybe we have that answer.....

go back and re-read it TSA. it says we are ranked 3rd and were 5th LAST week. whcih means we went UP in the rankings....right? :P

Haha, that seriously changed since I checked it earlier today....I think :ph34r:

Haha, that seriously changed since I checked it earlier today....I think :ph34r:

Gaborik has been plagued with injuries...who knows if he'll ever be 100%. He still has

a huge following of fans... esp. in the card collecting world.

It'll be interesting to see how we do against the Wings in Dec., esp. if they're still hot

Gaborik is good, when he is healthy. He is like a younger Forsberg....in a way....

and they wont be. i hope.....