The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  

Power Rankings, Fact or Fiction?

everyone should cool down. except us. the wild are already starting to. you cant be a real winning team when your goalie and best skater get hurt and you cant win anymore. we lost 3 good skaters and still dominated. i think if we had to rely on Grahame/Leighton and have no Roddy or no Whitney or no Cole....we would survive. I think we would continue to play well. Grahame jsut has to get into his rhythm. Remember last season when Wardo was hurt?

A team who can still win in situations like that is a real team. If Zetterberg gets hurt and the Wings keep winning (which is only a possibility, since he leads the league in so much) then they will def be a contender.....ok, i think i made my point haha

That'd really come out of left field, as far as pre-season predictions went, if it ends up a Wings/Canes SCF. I don't think anyone expected them or us to do this well. It was all "Rangers, Philly, Ottawa, San Jose, Anahiem"

yeah it really would be a heck of a final. of course, no one ever says we will do well, after we won the cup, we didnt get much love for the next season. of course, we lived up to it. after a season off, still not much love, but wow we are taking it to those predictions.....

That'd really come out of left field, as far as pre-season predictions went, if it ends up a Wings/Canes SCF. I don't think anyone expected them or us to do this well. It was all "Rangers, Philly, Ottawa, San Jose, Anahiem"

Well sometimes the obvious choice to do well, doesn't do so well. It'd be nice if wings/canes is how it ended up.. with the Canes coming out on top, of course ;)

actually to be really honest I want to see Canes vs. Blackhawks. Anyone who has read some of my rants about my old college know why....ok, a hint....his name is Toews!!!

yeah I know why.

I guess that could happen... I don't wanna an easy win.. an excitable final is what I'm after! With playoff tix to put me in debt for a couple years.

espn released their most recent power rankings & the canes are ranked #3, behind only ottawa and detroit. it's hard to believe that the devils have struggled so mightily thus far - landing them the #30 ranking. now, i know that polls and rankings like these aren't as important as wins/losses, but it's cool to see that the canes are getting some much-deserved respect.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/powerranking

well, looks like CAR stays at 3rd at ESPN for their power rankings. that is good, considering the Wild are surging again. Thinking if we can continue our success, and Detroit can lose 1 or 2 this next week, maybe we can take the 2nd spot.....maybe....we were held at 3rd in all 3 rankings actually, which is fine. we are playing very well right now. of course, so are a few other teams. so we need to be good. consistently. we cant have these off nights like we did against the Habs and Panthers...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/powerranking

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/feature/?fid=548

http://sportsline.com/nhl/powerrankings

no offense to anyone, but i consider the south-east to be a snooze-fest this season.

The hurricanes are a competitive team again this year, but you can't tell me playing in a division with Washington, Atlanta, Florida, and the always goaltender stressed team of Tampa Bay doesn't help.

no offense to anyone, but i consider the south-east to be a snooze-fest this season.

The hurricanes are a competitive team again this year, but you can't tell me playing in a division with Washington, Atlanta, Florida, and the always goaltender stressed team of Tampa Bay doesn't help.

I agree the SE is very weak this year but until this week, we haven't realy played SE teams. Afetr this month will be a different story though.

I agree the SE is very weak this year but until this week, we haven't realy played SE teams. Afetr this month will be a different story though.

Very true....

I guess what I'm saying is....Montreal and Carolina are pretty much par in the standings, but Carolina doesn't have Ottawa overshadowing their accomplishments....(Although I still think Montreal is overachieving at the moment).

Very true....

I guess what I'm saying is....Montreal and Carolina are pretty much par in the standings, but Carolina doesn't have Ottawa overshadowing their accomplishments....(Although I still think Montreal is overachieving at the moment).

Montreal started out last year pretty strong if I remember correctly.

And not to gloat (well maybe a little), Ottawa's only loss this season fell to the Canes ;) .

Very true....

Montreal started out last year pretty strong if I remember correctly.

And not to gloat (well maybe a little), Ottawa's only loss this season fell to the Canes ;) .

It must be eating Scott Wraight over at CNN/SI up at the moment to put us in the top 3 for a second straight week. When we went on that second tear in the 2005-2006 season and should've ascended to #1 on his power rankings, he actually took a couple weeks off from posting his rankings. He had to come back when it became apparent that the rankings were MIA and we were still on a hot streak.

Actually, based on how he usually makes us a take steep plunge whenever we don't have an outstanding week, I'm surprised he let us stay @ #3 with a 1-1 week vs the Panthers. Perhaps he's been beaten down by gale force winds from hurricane-land at last!

L

lets be honest here....the SE sucks!!! ....oh, wait, except for us!!! im glad we can leave everyone else behind this year, as last year was a joke for us in our division. thank goodness for us we beat ottawa. i think all other 4 teams in the SE will come around and level out. I think it will be a level playing field, and then us at the top. as far as the east is concerned, well lets put it this way....4 of the 8 who would not make the playoffs if we were to go into the playoffs RIGHT NOW are from the SE.