The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
cc

Caps Board

They had a thread meltdown last night over the game and ended up deleting a couple of entire threads.

I am so glad this board has such good mods and behaved members.

Yes, sometimes it's as if we're all on medication............................

Umm...not all. Seems like a couple didnt get the prozac and valium we mailed out.

Umm...not all. Seems like a couple didnt get the prozac and valium we mailed out.

I told you TSA, I'm not taking your pills. Peddle your drugs elsewhere.
No fair! You guys get drugs??? :huh:

TSA sends electrical shocks thru my keyboard and mouse as he deems necessary.... :blink:

They had a thread meltdown last night over the game and ended up deleting a couple of entire threads.

A Sabres board had one too a couple of weeks ago. I think they closed everything but the Help Forum down for a couple of days.

crack is whack. ;)

hahaha it reminds me of the whole

"this is your brain" *holds up egg*

"This is your brain on drugs" *smashes egg*

:P

thats sorta what hannah wanted to do for our drama project.

this is your brain on music or something.

i hope our boards dont have a meltdown. i would probally die.

They lost to the Hawks. :lol:

Hey now! I know my Hawks aren't the most consistent team around (or even remotely consistent, for what it's worth) but they completely OWNED the Caps that game. The Hawks had Ovechkin's number the entire 60 minutes. Any team that can limit the NHL's leading goal scorer to only 2 measly shots in a game deserves some respect. It was an awesome game from start to finish (at least as a Hawks fan it was) but the Caps never stood a chance.

Hey now! I know my Hawks aren't the most consistent team around (or even remotely consistent, for what it's worth) but they completely OWNED the Caps that game. The Hawks had Ovechkin's number the entire 60 minutes. Any team that can limit the NHL's leading goal scorer to only 2 measly shots in a game deserves some respect. It was an awesome game from start to finish (at least as a Hawks fan it was) but the Caps never stood a chance.

Oooh I didn't mean it like that!! I just think it's funny they melted down over one loss.

The Hawks aren't bad enough to have me laugh at them. They are very good when they want to be!

haha, so would i! But lets pray that the Hurricanes board never have one.. :P

eh.. we have mini-meltdowns periodically. see: November and December of 07.

if the Canes don't win the division, you will definitely see a meltdown here lol

I can remember a couple of mini meltdowns, but only one that shut the board down for some serious clean up.

I can remember a couple of mini meltdowns, but only one that shut the board down for some serious clean up.

The one thing left out in the Hawks write up was that game was the back to back after a tough win in Nashville where they hung on the last period in a half....the Hawks and the building was electric with the cermony that delayed the game by a half hour or so for Tony Espisito and Khabibulin made two or three unreal stops.....

we all know how tough the back to back games can be...I think we've won two back ends this year thus far...we'll see about tonight...

The reason the Blackhawks-Caps thread got taken off was a relative newbie poster (who has since been banned) who started making repeated posts urging cutting people's throats. It is the only GDT we've had on the Caps boards to be deleted wholesale, at least since the lock-out.

For a true Caps boards meltdown classic, check out this one (now locked) from a Penguins visit last season: http://boards.washingtoncaps.com/index.php?showtopic=51725. (If some of the posts and replies look out of sequence, it's because our boards were undergoing one of their periodic attacks of the post-jumps.)

The reason the Blackhawks-Caps thread got taken off was a relative newbie poster (who has since been banned) who started making repeated posts urging cutting people's throats. It is the only GDT we've had on the Caps boards to be deleted wholesale, at least since the lock-out.

For a true Caps boards meltdown classic, check out this one (now locked) from a Penguins visit last season: http://boards.washingtoncaps.com/index.php?showtopic=51725''>http://boards.washingtoncaps.com/index.php?showtopic=51725' target="_blank">http://boards.washingtoncaps.com/index.php?showtopic=51725[/post]. (If some of the posts and replies look out of sequence, it's because our boards were undergoing one of their periodic attacks of the post-jumps.)

Wow i was reading like 10 pages of that.. and im speechless.. Im guessing hes banned forevr.. Thats the worst meltdown in a while..

Wow i was reading like 10 pages of that.. and im speechless.. Im guessing hes banned forevr.. Thats the worst meltdown in a while..

He hasn't come back as yet - he's on his second banning as it is (for an exchange on the second Caps-Penguins game thread from 9th March that really went off the rails). On the Caps boards we have basically two categories of banning - UNREGISTERED (complete deletion of profile) and SUSPECT (can't post but can still lurk, along with the - at least theoretical - possibility of reinstatement; many such posters have been reinstated, often after an absence of several months).

I just joined here earlier this week and I've got to say they run a pretty tight ship here.

He hasn't come back as yet - he's on his second banning as it is (for an exchange on the second Caps-Penguins game thread from 9th March that really went off the rails). On the Caps boards we have basically two categories of banning - UNREGISTERED (complete deletion of profile) and SUSPECT (can't post but can still lurk, along with the - at least theoretical - possibility of reinstatement; many such posters have been reinstated, often after an absence of several months).

I just joined here earlier this week and I've got to say they run a pretty tight ship here.

Yeah its run pretty tight here. We have quite an extensive ban list, however unlike the Caps, we never delete accounts. They are always kept in a locked state so that if anything legal ever arises from it, everything is there.