The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  

Rate other fan bases

WTP...remember in '93 when Toronto broke the record for most consecutive wins from the start of the season? By the end of October Leaf fans were gauranteeing the cup.....

:lol: Remember who won that year?

Hahaha. Goes to show..

Most consecutive wins does not equal a Stanley Cup Championship.. HAHAHA LEAFS!!! What a joke.

..message for the Sabres aswell, I suppose.

:wink: :lol:

^heyyy...shouldnt you be in school?? :lol: yeah, me too...Im gonna get in trouble, my teacher is gonna see me...

Back on topic: I dont really think the Canes have the worst fan base, obviously i just said that because everyone is saying we have the worst fan base... :mrgreen:

But seriously though, Leafs fans are dirt...Ewwwww!! :lol:

I was just basing it on the Slug fans who came here and acted like well...slug fans. Not the real Sabre fans who support their team without completely offending others, and I've talked to plenty of them. There is a difference between Slug fans and Sabre Fans.

ahhhh i see...Slug fans=Bandwagon, drunk college kids. Sabres fans=Real fans (sometimes drunk :wink:) who dont throw glasses at little kids, etc.

Hopefully those fans will fall off the bandwagon (and break their legs :lol: jk) soon, so they dont embarrass us anymore.

Best: Pretty much all the Canadian teams fans, plus Minnesota, Colorado, Philly, NYR

Worst in terms of supporting the team: New Jersey

Worst in terms of attitude: Slugs

Ditto! I agree with you warbird.

hahah funny...

but really though, people here do go to college. :mrgreen:

Go UB Bulls! Go Buff State Bengals! Go...Nah, they all suck.

lol yes, football wise. But b-lo obviously isnt a good market for college football, so no one really cares if they suck. But, scholastically speaking, Buff State and UB are very good places to go to school.

Back on Topic: In means of supporting their team, (though it absolutely pains me to say this) the best would be Toronto... :shock: (gawd, i cant believe i just said that!!) Worst for supporting their team, New Jersey.

Worst all around (judging from every single fan that ive talk to) would have to be Philly. Best all around (again, judging from every fan ive talked to) would be Ottawa, i guess. All the Sens fans ive came into contact with are very respectful and classy, and they obviously know alot about hockey.

Best all around (again, judging from every fan ive talked to) would be Ottawa, i guess. All the Sens fans ive came into contact with are very respectful and classy, and they obviously know alot about hockey.

Ironic, because before 1992, majority of the Senator's fanbase were Toronto fans.

Best fans:

Leafs, Edmonton, Montreal, MN, Philadelpia (gotta appreciate their fans right now)

Worst:

Florida, Washington

I wouldn't rate Buffalo fans as the worst. There are a lot of bandwagoners right now who are insecure about their team never winning a cup. It makes them hostile and jealous. Once they start losing again, it'll go back to normal.

Best:

Hurricanes (for obvious reasons)

Habs, Leafs, Oilers, Flames - love their enthusiasm and devotion, though they all go at each other - Edmonton fans are also a classy bunch

Tampa - they haven't stopped supporting that team since they won the Cup

Colorado - all those sellouts

Worst:

Buffalo - for obvious reasons

Chicago/Boston - no support for Original Six teams

St. Louis - a team that had made the playoffs for 25+ straight seasons and they get less than 10,000 a game as soon as hard times hit. Way to go.

Washington - too many empty seats

New Jersey - ridiculous that a team with their kind of recent history can't sell out in the playoffs

Los Angeles - didn't the LA Times stop covering them?

Best: Canes, Oilers, Flames,

Worst: Devils, Blues, Caps, Flyers, Bruins, had a run in with a few drunk wings fans but I can't speak for their whole fanbase, I wont put Sabres here because their real fans are really awesome...not the drunken bandwagoners that we hear a lot about.(or maybe its just because I'm from buffalo :wink: )

Only fans I have had an actual real life problem with were Rangers fans, but they live in Hell so I'll cut them some slack.

Over the internet, the worst fans, in my experience last season, were in this order.

1: Buffalo Sabres fans. You could not reason with these people at all. It was absolutely ridiculous.

2: Montreal Canadiens fans. Apparantly, "shut up and make sense" doesn't translate into French, no matter how many times Cath tells them to grow up. And they seemed to think all rules were optional.

3: New Jersey Devils fans. They were a pain in the rear end. Then they just kind of disappeared. Kinda like their team.

4: New York Rangers fans. Just as I remembered them in real life.

5: Edmonton Oilers fans. The ones in the arena were great. The ones that showed up here... well some were great but after a while you get tired of reading the "whose building is louder" debate.

best:

canes-duh

edmonton-loud, passionate, fantastic throughout the playoffs

habs-loud and proud

bolts-hate them, but they keep selling out even though theve been mediocre since cup

worst:

sabres-duh

devils-how do you not sellout playoff games? i just dont understand. theres 10 million people within an hour of their building. i dont get it.

coyotes-maybe not their fault, but one playoff win ever, plus the fact that theyre in A DESERT doesnt help. this was the only market i cant see hockey working in, sorry.

best:

-oil

-'canes

-habs

worst:

-buffalo

-sabres

-slugs

-any other name you can think of to call these jackasses

***disclaimer: not all sabres fans are jackasses. just the vast majority. Almost all the people on these boards are fantastic, no matter what fanbase.

community college is still considered a college apparently

Don't be nocking us comunity koledge kidz. We r smartt two.

Seriously. The only reason I'm not in a 4 year college right now is to help out my family.

You don't even have to have gone to ANY college to be a smart person. I hate the whole mentality that you HAVE to go to college nowadays or else you're some sort of failure. Obviously, a college degree is certainly helpful in life, but college just isn't for everyone. And, as someone who currently attends a four year university, I wonder how some of these people that I come in contact with throughout my day actually got in to college in the first place...

I hate the whole mentality that you HAVE to go to college nowadays or else you're some sort of failure.

Well, you are according to Senator Kerry. :lol:

CONSIDER THE SOURCE, anyone see the sign the soldiers had moking Kerry? GREAT STUFF

Hey dboon3930

Wait until you get out and get a job working with that degree. You will wonder not only how they got into college but how they got that far in life without bieng "RECALLED" for stupidity.