The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  

Rate other fan bases

No time frame, just quality of posts. If this individual continues to "trash" 'Canes fans, then they will be shown the door at some point depending on what they post & if they violate the TOS, but having a difference of opinion, which this thread is soley based on, is not enough to justify telling someone to leave or banning them. If that was the case, these boards would have no one posting on them

That is fine. But i have to agree with DP...if someone first's post is to trash the Canes fans using the same old worn out arguement that we have heard for years, I highly doubt they came here as anything other than a troll. Time will tell.

I agree, & the arguement is WAY TOO OLD & worn now, esp. w/ what we had to endure during ths playoffs. We should put a banner of some kind up on the main page of the boards for people that feel the need to come here & pull that again:

"Yes, we know you're going to come on here & try to rag us about attendance, NASCAR, being a Southern-based hockey club, etc., so don't even bother to register".

My point is you're attacking him/her for one reason and one reason only....you don't like the fact that he/she put your team number 2 on their worst list.

My point is i don't give a rats butt what you think. It really doesn't involve you, does it now? So why stick your nose in it?

Get a life, please.

My point is you're attacking him/her for one reason and one reason only....you don't like the fact that he/she put your team number 2 on their worst list.

My point is i don't give a rats butt what you think. It really doesn't involve you, does it now? So why stick your nose in it?

Get a life, please.

Funny because you have a total of 17 posts on this message board, 15 of them are dedicated to you flaming other posters who don't happen to be Canes fans. You've yet to contirbute any sort of hockey related knowledge to any of the threads you've posted in yet, but you attack people like you have a right to. If anyone sticks their nose in other peoples conversations it's you.

As an honourable mention Columbus deserves to be given their dues on this thread. They had the fastest grow in attendance in their first season then any other expansion team i think. But it probably has a lot to do with the fact that Columbus is a pretty big city with no other professional teams i think.

Funny because you have a total of 17 posts on this message board, 15 of them are dedicated to you flaming other posters who don't happen to be Canes fans. You've yet to contirbute any sort of hockey related knowledge to any of the threads you've posted in yet,

LOL, that is a better ratio than 400+ posts you have with nothing contributed.

But thanks for keeping count..nice to know you are tracking me!

Funny because you have a total of 17 posts on this message board, 15 of them are dedicated to you flaming other posters who don't happen to be Canes fans. You've yet to contirbute any sort of hockey related knowledge to any of the threads you've posted in yet,

LOL, that is a better ratio than 400+ posts you have with nothing contributed.

But thanks for keeping count..nice to know you are tracking me!

Because you read them all? :roll:

Minnesota Wild fans have apparently really rebounded from the loss of the north stars too....

When the Leafs play the Senators in Ottawa in the playoffs, tickets gates are not aloud to sell tickets to anyone from toronto or leaf fans in general because it has happened in the past that the number of leaf fans outnumber sens fans.

I can assure you im here to just talk hockey and i joined this group for different opinions rather than just the same sabres ones. I was rating fans bases not talking trash and I got attacked for actually starting back up the topic. Nobody actually debated except for hoyle who threw an attendance stat and hes not even a hurricane fan! the reason i rated them so low is not because their one of the sabres rivals but because theres no environment in the building and if you dont believe me go look at the game day home threads. your own fans complain that the building is dead.

I can assure you im here to just talk hockey and i joined this group for different opinions rather than just the same sabres ones. I was rating fans bases not talking trash and I got attacked for actually starting back up the topic. Nobody actually debated except for hoyle who threw an attendance stat and hes not even a hurricane fan! the reason i rated them so low is not because their one of the sabres rivals but because theres no environment in the building and if you dont believe me go look at the game day home threads. your own fans complain that the building is dead.

yeah i agree with you on most of that, i think that if you look at us overall yeah our fanbase is below the average, but what most people will argue is that we've come a long way in a short amount of time. we haven't been in raleigh for the last 30 years like some teams, right now we're still developing....afterall NASCAR still makes more money than hockey here.

quince, your initial comment is a bit puzzling now that I know you're a sabres fan.

2.) Carolina hurricanes- fans only decide to actually show up and make noise when its the 2nd round of the playoffs

In all fairness what happened in Buffalo in 1995-96 and 2002-03.

In the Caps defense :shock:, they're still in rebuilding mode after a long drought and losing all their big name players. Washington, the city, also has plenty of other pro sports teams to compete for the fans. Adding OV has regenerated interest in their team but it will still take time to get the fans all back. The lock out really set them back too but they seem to be heading in the right direction now. No ofense to you personally quince, but it wasn't too long ago that your arena was quiet and the fans werent interested. Fortunately for you, the Sabres organization built a great team and was able to regain their fanbase...hats off to them.

Don't forget where you guys have come from before passing judgement on other fan bases. I think its in hockey's best interest to see ALL the markets, small and large, succeed.

And Hoyle is right, if you were coming here to talk hockey and not trash, this comment isn't a good start.

2.) Carolina hurricanes- fans only decide to actually show up and make noise when its the 2nd round of the playoffs

In the Caps defense :shock:, they're still in rebuilding mode after a long drought and losing all their big name players. Washington, the city, also has plenty of other pro sports teams to compete for the fans. Adding OV has regenerated interest in their team but it will still take time to get the fans all back. The lock out really set them back too but they seem to be heading in the right direction now. No ofense to you personally quince, but it wasn't too long ago that your arena was quiet and the fans werent interested. Fortunately for you, the Sabres organization built a great team and was able to regain their fanbase...hats off to them.

Don't forget where you guys have come from before passing judgement on other fan bases. I think its in hockey's best interest to see ALL the markets, small and large, succeed.

And Hoyle is right, if you were coming here to talk hockey and not trash, this comment isn't a good start.

I am going to say one more thing about attendance and this whole thread. First, there will ALWAYS be up and downs in attendance (except for a few Canadian markets). If a team goes into a downward spiral for a few years, the attendance will go down. It is happening in Chicago, St.Louis and a few other markets. It will happen to Carolina eventually also.

Do you really think if the canes continued on the same record the whalers had, they would have the attendance they have now...of course not. People fault attendance first and foremost for cities like Quebec and Hartford for losing their teams. When that was not the case. Having an average of 11,000 in Hartford was damn good , considering the crap team we had. It's when the attendance is low or lower than it should be when the team is doing well ( great record, great playoff run previous year, winning the cup previous year and so on). Thats when attendance should be outstanding.

As far as rating other fans. Let's face it, there are bad fans with every team, not just Buffalo. Montreal has them and so do the canes. There will always be drunks at games, swearing like an idiot in front of your kids. You can either ban the beer or put all the drunks in a couple of drinking sections....lol

Ok, now you can all write in and call me a whiner for mentioning Hartford again. Hoyle, can write in and basically say I was wrong about everything....lol or you can all ignore me

SBurkeHart.jpg

Not it was pretty accurate....

But the Nordiques also lost their team because of the canadian dollar. Add 30-40% to every player contract and that's how much they'd cost in Canada. Of course our dollar is better now, but i think when quebec moved it was horrible.