The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  

Rate other fan bases

You know what else would help, Hoyle. Decide which side you fall on in a discussion..

First you chastise a Sabres fan for talking about the Canes fan base

but I still don't think it puts you in the right to claim Canes fans only show up in the 2nd round of the playoffs.

Then you chastise a Canes fan for talking about the Sabres fan base

but I don't see how you're justified to call sabres fans bandwagoners when the greater leap in support has been in Carolina.

Heck, I get confused just trying to remember which side you are on, I can only imagine how difficult it must be for you.

stormrider....

I love every time I prove you wrong, you turn this into a personal battle. Try staying on topic and not resorting to the same old "You have a hidden agenda" comment. You sound like teenagers when you cry about me being here.

CanesNCary....

Because I give impartial opinions. If I notice something doesn't sound right I like to point it out. And maybe you should read back on the posts, stormrider was the one who attacked me.

If I notice something doesn't sound right I like to point it out.

Well, maybe that is the problem. Maybe you don't have to involve yourself in every little discussion.

And beleive it or not, you might not have all the answers, so don't assume if it doesn't sound right to you, that automatically makes it wrong.

stormrider....

I love every time I prove you wrong, you turn this into a personal battle. Try staying on topic and not resorting to the same old "You have a hidden agenda" comment. You sound like teenagers when you cry about me being here.

Interesting words from someone who just called me a "hypocrite." I guess it was projection. :) You proved you can't follow a discussion because your need to prove yourself is so great.

In all seriousness, why are you here? You stated early on you aren't a Canes fan yet you know more about the Canes than we do and that the fans don't know about hockey. Oh, I just answered my own question, never mind. :)

Can we please bring this back on topic. You're not proving anything

Sure, you want to go back to my comments about bandwagon Buffalo fans? This is what I referenced which was in another post of mine in the "Slug Fans.." thread:

"My observation though is that when the Sabres starting playing outstanding hockey last year we saw a slightly different brand of fans, maybe drunken bandwangoners. This area has always had a large number of Buffalo transplants and they were always vocal in years past."

Hence my comment to Melissa, which she clearly understood given the tone of our interaction.

Now onto the other part of the comment, there was a quote from Teppo Numinen about how the fans didn't support the team early last year. Very simple, very factual. But feel free to carry on. :)

You stated early......

When did I state all this? Way back in April or May, because it sounds out of context?

I'm not replying to you anymore unless you have something hockey related to say. Your posts are full of so many ad hominens and red herrings it gets very tiring just reading them.

[edit]

FM....since you're on....I just notice that New Jersey has the best road attendance in the league. They generate a 96% arena capacity on average. Kind of ironic that a team that struggles to fill seats at home shells out the best records on the road.

FM....since you're on....I just notice that New Jersey has the best road attendance in the league. They generate a 96% arena capacity on average. Kind of ironic that a team that struggles to fill seats at home shells out the best records on the road.

Because everyone wants to see the Devils lose. Those 3 recent Stanley Cups have certainly contributed to that. No one likes them.

stormrider you mean the whole 10 games after the lockout we didnt draw good? we still averaged about 15,000 for those first 10 home games and then it was pretty much sell out level rest of the year. and those 10 games we still average better attendance than you draw today after you won the cup

You stated early......

When did I state all this? Way back in April or May, because it sounds out of context?

I'm not replying to you anymore unless you have something hockey related to say. Your posts are full of so many ad hominens and red herrings it gets very tiring just reading them.

[edit]

That's fine Eddie Haskel...ummm... I mean Hoyle. :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

stormrider you mean the whole 10 games after the lockout we didnt draw good? we still averaged about 15,000 for those first 10 home games and then it was pretty much sell out level rest of the year. and those 10 games we still average better attendance than you draw today after you won the cup

You may not have been here Quince but your fellow Sabre fans were bragging about how nobody supports their teams like Buffalo fans. When actual attendance was brought up, the response was always the ownership issue so I threw out the early days of the Galisano ownership.

The team drew well once a winner was on the ice and the same has been true here, as I have stated. We heard all about the long-suffering Buffalo fans and their loyalty. The fact is though, that it's no different there than most cities.

Carolina Hurricanes 2006-07 average attendance so far: 16,939

Well I can sympathize with your point of view, but I still don't think it puts you in the right to claim Canes fans only show up in the 2nd round of the playoffs.

I guess that's your exclusive territory, isn't it? :) Not to mention the fact it is not correct.

But back to the Buffalo fan base situation. The whole Adelphia scandal is a smoke screen for what was waning support for a team that not doing well on the ice.

Even after Galisano bought the team, the Sabres' own players such as Numinen observed the lack of support early last year before it was apparent they had a very good team.

If new ownership was the cure, then why the initial lackluster fan support at a time when attendance had shot up after the lock-out? That doesn't make any sense, Sabre fans.

I think the whole issue with Sabres fans complaining about the attendance in Carolina was mainly due to the playoffs. Not selling out a regular season game is way different than not selling the eastern conference finals. It's one thing to not attend a regular season game when your team is playing crappy -- the issue resides in the fact that playoff games were not selling out. Before anyone gets pissy at me for bringing that issue back up, I would just like to say that I'm just trying to explain the thought process to you. And I don't think that teams playing below average makes it ok to not support your team - I think the complete opposite, I'm just saying that they are indeed different situations.

stormrider lol sure thing btw dboon awesome avatar i hope rory gets his chance in the all star game to do it again!!

haha Yeah, someone posted it on SabresFans, it's amazing. Ovechkin ain't go nothin' on Rory! haha

I think the whole issue with Sabres fans complaining about the attendance in Carolina was mainly due to the playoffs. Not selling out a regular season game is way different than not selling the eastern conference finals. It's one thing to not attend a regular season game when your team is playing crappy -- the issue resides in the fact that playoff games were not selling out. Before anyone gets pissy at me for bringing that issue back up, I would just like to say that I'm just trying to explain the thought process to you.

It has been rehashed repeatedly but the EC finals were sold out here. The short version of the long story is that Sabres fans bragged about how quickly they sold out, ignoring the fact there were only a couple thousand made available to the public and that the postseason tickets were the cheapest in the entire NHL by far.

Many Canes STH's opted not to buy the premium priced playoff tickets (due to a variety of reasons) so there were more tickets available that had to be sold. That is how many traveling Buffalo fans got tickets and it did take time to sell out. But they did sell out for every game.

There were also blocks of Canes tickets released late that had been reserved for season tickets the team was trying to sell to new STH's for this season. Sabre fans swarmed here saying there tickets still available and so it went.

BTW, that avatar is great but while his head is bobbing like that it looks like Sidney Crosby. :)

I think the whole issue with Sabres fans complaining about the attendance in Carolina was mainly due to the playoffs. Not selling out a regular season game is way different than not selling the eastern conference finals. It's one thing to not attend a regular season game when your team is playing crappy -- the issue resides in the fact that playoff games were not selling out. Before anyone gets pissy at me for bringing that issue back up, I would just like to say that I'm just trying to explain the thought process to you.

It has been rehashed repeatedly but the EC finals were sold out here. The short version of the long story is that Sabres fans bragged about how quickly they sold out, ignoring the fact there were only a couple thousand made available to the public and that the postseason tickets were the cheapest in the entire NHL by far.

Many Canes STH's opted not to buy the premium priced playoff tickets (due to a variety of reasons) so there were more tickets available that had to be sold. That is how many traveling Buffalo fans got tickets and it did take time to sell out. But they did sell out for every game.

There were also blocks of Canes tickets released late that had been reserved for season tickets the team was trying to sell to new STH's for this season. Sabre fans swarmed here saying there tickets still available and so it went.

BTW, that avatar is great but while his head is bobbing like that it looks like Sidney Crosby. :)

Still, I don't see how that makes up for anything...people still didn't buy the tickets. So the Sabres had fewer tickets available....because people already bought them. People bought season tickets for the next season in order to secure their seats in the playoffs - that's a big commitment right there.

And the argument about the tickets being cheap seems silly to me, because I know many people who shelled out big bucks for those seats from various sources after the games sold out.