The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
Caniac5

Bolts vs. Caps 4/3/08

As much as I hate to rely on one game, I've got enough confidence that the team will win tomorrow that I can safely cheer for the Caps. They really do deserve a playoff spot, and without a win tonight, they won't get one.

They really do deserve a playoff spot,

I also think they deserve a PO spot, but for right now i dont want them to win, probably neither do you if we loose tomorow.. but I also have the confidence that we're going to win tomrow night..

As much as I hate to rely on one game, I've got enough confidence that the team will win tomorrow that I can safely cheer for the Caps. They really do deserve a playoff spot, and without a win tonight, they won't get one.

Frog... are you on drugs? :P

But yeah, I'd love for the Caps to make the playoffs, just not over us. They definitely deserve it, and if they make the playoffs, they could easily make the finals based on their play down the stretch.

That said, I still think Tampa's going to lose tonight. Ovechkin will probably also break the LW goal-scoring record tonight, which is remarkable considering its only his third season in the league.

I want the Bolts to win, but I don't see it happening. They have already called it a season, even their coach made a comment about how he can't wait till its over. I just don't see them playing spoiler.

I'm confidant in our guys that we will get the win tomorrow night, but this is the NHL and you aren't guaranteed anything. Florida will absolutly love to kick us out so Washington can get in. Florida will not be Tampa who has already rolled over. Also its been confirmed by the Florida beat writer that we get Vokoun and Caps get Anderson. Of course, give us the better goalie.

I think I'm gonna be like the team on this one. Luke mentioned how Lavi is going to his son's baseball game, Staal is going to a movie, Walker is going to spend time with the kids, and a couple others have made plans to not watch this game. Think I'll do what they are doing and go out to dinner.

I have already made plans myself to NOT watch the game and just get the highlights in the morning on the NHL Network.

Yes, the Caps deserve to be in the playoffs but AO needs to be taught that leaving the ice is not going to be tolerated. One good hit, that's all I ask for, just one good hit on him and let's see how he deals with it. And if the league is going to promote his style of playing then they need to expect others to follow suit. If they continue to baby him then a lot of fans are going to get mad and no telling if they will come back.

Here's how I see it...

If AO leaves the ice and no call is made, I hope they lose!

If AO plays within the rules, then fine...let them make it in. (Just not as Division Champs! ;) )

Last game between the two was very close. I expect the same, I don't think this will be an easy win for Washington, especially is Ramo plays.

Do not be surprised if TB wins this game, as they try to bounce back from the complete embarrassment the other night, especially looking to Lecavalier and st. Louis who got manhandled physically.

Florida will absolutly love to kick us out so Washington can get in. Florida will not be Tampa who has already rolled over.

Agreed. Florida will bring a game that is far and beyond what Tampa brought last night. Sucks for Washington, but I want them to lose tonight. Had we beat them the other night, then I'd be pulling for them because we'd have clinched the division, but we didn't, and until that happens, GO TAMPA.

Last game between the two was very close. I expect the same, I don't think this will be an easy win for Washington, especially is Ramo plays.

Do not be surprised if TB wins this game, as they try to bounce back from the complete embarrassment the other night, especially looking to Lecavalier and st. Louis who got manhandled physically.

Please, Lecavalier hasn't been anything for about two months now...he looks exhausted out there...completely apathetic. If the Lightning have any chance tonight it'll rest on the shoulders of St. Louis and Ramo.