The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
Caniac5

Bolts vs. Caps 4/3/08

HOLY FRIJOLES! I step away for two seconds and they score? They must be out to prove something. I thought they were basically done with the season, but they apparently got a little left.

btw you guys are going to win the division regardless, why root against a second SE team in?

We don't win regardless. The Caps can steal our spot if we lose on Fri. and they win on Sat.

btw you guys are going to win the division regardless, why root against a second SE team in?

I am rooting for the Caps to get in. I'd love to see a Caps/Pens series in the first round.

Because it puts less importance on tomorrow's game for us. Most of us want the Caps in the playoffs, but anything can happen in hockey, and we'd rather not risk everything on 1 game. If the Caps lose tonight, that 1 game becomes meaningless.

Go Bolts. I am watching the game and these announcers (Washington) are complaining about the Caps goal that was negated because one of the Caps plowed a Bolt into Ramo. Amazingly, I have no sympathy for the Caps. :P

That wash out makes sense now. The Cap pushed the Bolt nto the goalie, the inverse of wiping out interference.

no, it doesn't. Players are pushed into their goalies countless times, and its never called. Craig Laughlin, a former player and very knowledgeable commentator, stated that he has never seen that call before and that it was one of the worst calls he's ever seen. This is the same guy who said the reffing sucked on tuesday, so he's not biased.

true, but no offense, if you guys lose to florida, you don't deserve to be in. as if the caps lose this game, they don't deserve to be in.

Florida hasn't won in the RBC Center since 2002. Eventually, the odds are going to have to tilt in their favor.

no, it doesn't. Players are pushed into their goalies countless times, and its never called. Craig Laughlin, a former player and very knowledgeable commentator, stated that he has never seen that call before and that it was one of the worst calls he's ever seen. This is the same guy who said the reffing sucked on tuesday, so he's not biased.

I'm not saying there precedence, but there was logic to the call. The cap interfered with the goalie by pushing the Bolt onto him. It makes sense. The opposite occures when the D pushes a forward into the goalie. In that case there is not interference. Its a sound call.

man i wish i could see this.. everyone else has free center ice but i dont for some reason..

seems like the lighting were ready with the quick goal but they're gettin outshot pretty bad.. hopefully that doesnt mean too much

man i wish i could see this.. everyone else has free center ice but i dont for some reason..

seems like the lighting were ready with the quick goal but they're gettin outshot pretty bad.. hopefully that doesnt mean too much

go on nhl.com then hit scoreboard and then listen live on tampa radio like I am ;)

it sounds like Wash is dominating but up 1-0 is good so far.

Go Boltz and then Wash can win game 82 after we are in :P

I'm not saying there precedence, but there was logic to the call. The cap interfered with the goalie by pushing the Bolt onto him. It makes sense. The opposite occures when the D pushes a forward into the goalie. In that case there is not interference. Its a sound call.

I agree with you on this, but then a penalty has to be called as the announcer. It's logical, but not a legit call, if that makes sense.

NO WAY am I rooting for the Caps to get in, even if we win the division tonight. I like Ovechkin but am so utterly sick of hearing about him, and a Crosby vs. Ovechkin series would make me want to vomit on my TV, because that's all you'll be hearing about for the duration of the first round (or whenever they end up facing each other).