The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
Caniac5

Bolts vs. Caps 4/3/08

Yea, he'll just come back and slash someone across the wrists... who will get whistled for a penalty for holding onto the stick

Yeah, your right, because dude is super dirty with 38 PIM. The league does protect him, but lets be real. When's the last time you've seen Ovie do something blatantly dirty that was unprovoked (the Staal hit was provoked. An unnecessary tap on the goalie in a big game. I would be more mad at Ovie if he didn't stick up for Huet, because that's what you're supposed to do.

OV hurt - good for us I suppose, but I wish him well.

This is pretty nerve-racking. I'm not getting the games on Center-Ice like people are saying, but I'm listening and biting my nails.

As for a guaranteed win tomorrow against FL, I'm not so sure. We've been hit or miss lately. 6-2 win or 1-7 loss seems to be the pattern. I'd like to see the Caps in the playoffs, but I'm not going to bank on beating FL outright. And one thing's for certain - the Caps will probably beat FL as well.

Just a quick shout out to 'Lightning Bug'. The one night during the whole season that so many Caniacs would be rooting for his team, and he is not here to enjoy it. :lol:

Yeah, your right, because dude is super dirty with 38 PIM. The league does protect him, but lets be real. When's the last time you've seen Ovie do something blatantly dirty that was unprovoked (the Staal hit was provoked. An unnecessary tap on the goalie in a big game. I would be more mad at Ovie if he didn't stick up for Huet, because that's what you're supposed to do.

a tap and then he skated away. Lets face it, every forward taps at the goalie, just in case the puck is losse. Staal left the crease and was skating off. Huet was fine and OV had no right to cross-check a player for a little tap.

OV hurt - good for us I suppose, but I wish him well.

This is pretty nerve-racking. I'm not getting the games on Center-Ice like people are saying, but I'm listening and biting my nails.

it's not good for anyone, I'm sure he'll be fine.

I keep trying to pry myself away from the computer and not worry about this game but I check these forums every minute

ROFL

An unnecessary tap means a crosscheck to the face is warranted... hilarious

Oh, and lets not forget the leaping check into Hedican which resulted in Hedican getting penalized for... well I'm still questioning that one

he'll be fine. This is Ovechkin we are talking about, not Crosby :)

I still don't know why you guys are sweating this game so much. I understand your reasoning, but you guys aren't gonna lose to Florida, not in the biggest game of the season in front of a home crowd

I'm hoping he's not seriously injured. I save those hopes for Avery, Armstrong, Pronger, and last but certainly not least, Orpik. Just kidding, I don't wish injury on anyone. But if someone dropped a piano on them I wouldn't be too upset either. :lol:

Nah, I'm not sweating this game. Everything that has happened so far this season is gravy to me. I'm looking forward to next year when we put a 100% healthy team on the ice. With the players we have, can you say powerhouse? ;)

Not with Colin Campbell in the league

i don't think Colin Cambell can protect OV on the ice from Avery or Pronger. If it was avery it would kill two birds with one stoe. OV would learn some humility and Avery would be banned. Not a bad deal actually :P

Please stop arguing about the calls from the other night here. They've been discussed, argued and beaten to death. We root for teams that were on the opposite end of calls the other night so clearly we all wont be agreeing with each other.

Thanks for understanding.

Please stop arguing about the calls from the other night here. They've been discussed, argued and beaten to death. We root for teams that were on the opposite end of calls the other night so clearly we all wont be agreeing with each other.

it's just that simple.

He left his feet when he hit Hedican - it is not an occasional thing, the Canes even brought it to the Refs attention prior to the game. He should know the rules by now, blades should be on the ice when delivering a hit. I feel he is a dirty player because he knows it is wrong, but he keeps doing it because the Refs won't call him on it. If somebody did it to him, they would probably get a major for it.

still even at 1-1 after 2, though now we have to suffer through the bolts dreaded third period collapse. anything can happen, but still not to optimistic about banking on the bolts winning tonight in regulation.

Man, you people need to cool it with the Ovechkin bashing. He's not a dirty player.

Congrats on him breaking the LW goal-scoring record.

Now that play was actually goaltender interference. :rolleyes:

still even at 1-1 after 2, though now we have to suffer through the bolts dreaded third period collapse. anything can happen, but still not to optimistic about banking on the bolts winning tonight in regulation.

Take care of business tomorrow and this game is just an enjoyable distraction

Take care of business tomorrow and this game is just an enjoyable distraction

True dat - the only thing we can do is win our game. I'm glad we're not in a "this team NEEDS to lose situation."

I'm hoping he's not seriously injured. I save those hopes for Avery, Armstrong, Pronger, and last but certainly not least, Orpik. Just kidding, I don't wish injury on anyone. But if someone dropped a piano on them I wouldn't be too upset either. :lol:

Nah, I'm not sweating this game. Everything that has happened so far this season is gravy to me. I'm looking forward to next year when we put a 100% healthy team on the ice. With the players we have, can you say powerhouse? ;)

:lol:

Yeah, I don't wish injury on anyone. A little major pain every now and then, but never injury. ;)

But yeah. After getting over the last game with Washington (last night's game sure helped), the only reason I'd be happy with Washington losing tonight is because we'd know tonight the Canes are in without a doubt. Otherwise, I'd love to see both the Canes and Caps in the playoffs to sock it to all the people talking *edit* about our division this year.

Edit: Whoah... didn't even use a swear word there. But I guess with the nicknames to the Caps lately that word has been edited out now? :o (Never have sworn on here before, and shocked that it looks like it now. LOL)

TSA, I'm going to come to his defense and say that he did not initiate the conversation. I think there are some Canes fans here who need a nice dose of reality. Ovechkin's cross check was out of line, but had it been Staal who did that after Ward theoretically got tapped by Ovechkin, we'd be trying to downplay the significance of it.

Let's just stop squabbling about that past game and focus on the one tonight, Tampa versus Washington.

And for those of you who say Ovechkin leaves his feet, please. It's not like he pulls a Downey and jumps into them. Ruutu leaves his feet just as much as Ovechkin does (as in, not very much), and we never complain about that.

Anyways, here's hoping Ovie's not injured too badly.