The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
Caniac5

Bolts vs. Caps 4/3/08

well should be an entertaining one tomorrow. Wonder if the panthers show up to try and spoil our division run or if they are just worried about making that tee time on the 5th...

Florida is going to bring it tomorrow. That would love nothing more than to beat us and lost against Washington. Hence why we get Vokoun and Caps get Anderson. Florida hates us alot more than Washington.

The Canes hold their destiny win and you are in no matter what.

3-1

So no one's gonna help us? Fine, we'll do it ourselves.

They gave it a good try. It was 1-1 until the 3rd period... whats funny is if you go to the Panthers (yes, the Panthers, not the Bolts) message boards they are convinced they will win Friday. I'm not saying they won't, but they've lost the last 12 at the RBC center. I'd say that gives us a slight advantage.

Well, I wouldn't stereotype it as all Canadians or even most northerners, but there does appear to be the very common perception of Canes fans as being NASCAR watching rednecks that know nothing about hockey up north...

And this game was over when Lecavalier went off the ice.

LOL the stereotypes go both ways too, so I know how you feel.

conspiracy again. Tell me how the refs are biased if the Caps had a goal disallowed on an unprecedented call?

Anyways, classless act by Tampa at the end of the game.

thats not the worst disalloed goal I've seen. Last year, Ladd scored and was waived off because the other team committed a penalty. Now thats screwy.

thats not the worst disalloed goal I've seen. Last year, Ladd scored and was waived off because the other team committed a penalty. Now thats screwy.

Worst disallowed goal that could have been the most costly was Craig Adams's during the SCF's....game 7. Nuff said.

Worst disallowed goal that could have been the most costly was Craig Adams's during the SCF's....game 7. Nuff said.

2006 Game 7, last minute of the 1st period

Worst botched call I've ever seen... First, it was a goal... Second, if thats not the call, it should have been a Penalty Shot and a Power Play for the Canes... But no, it was just a Power Play because the act of covering the puck with the hand in the crease (automatic penalty shot) was overlooked because it was only regarded as a 'touch up' to get the penalty whistle... If the Canes had lost that game, that call would STILL be talked about to this day.

conspiracy again. Tell me how the refs are biased if the Caps had a goal disallowed on an unprecedented call?

Anyways, classless act by Tampa at the end of the game.

The first question, call should have been interference for the check on the player without the puck. Waiving off the goal helped the Caps because they should have been on a PK.

Secondly, Tampa lost their cool in the end. Take out a team's best player and see how they react, just like that.

LOL the stereotypes go both ways too, so I know how you feel.

Yeah, I know exactly how it is, too. I've lived both up north and down south, plus known plenty of friends from Canada and been up plenty of times myself as well. In fact, I was up around the time of the '02 playoffs in Toronto, right after the Canes beat them to make it to the SCF's.

Sometimes I wish I'd taken and worn my Canes shirt just to rub it in. LOL

Oh well. I figured the Caps would win tonight. The Canes just need to bring everything they've got to make sure they get it done tomorrow night. And whatever happens, I'm still proud of this team and what they've done this year. :)

The first question, call should have been interference for the check on the player without the puck. Waiving off the goal helped the Caps because they should have been on a PK.

Secondly, Tampa lost their cool in the end. Take out a team's best player and see how they react, just like that.

What? Waiving off the goal helped the Caps? So instead of being tied they are behind? That doesn't make any sense whatsoever.

No, it was a direct attack by Coach Tortorella. Players lose their cool. I understand that. But for him to order an attack on a player is ridiculous, and I hope he is fined.

Anyways, at least Jeff Halpern had a decent game tonight, although he did go pointless.

lol @ some of the posts made here while the game was going on...

Anyways...TB was really outplayed all game long...Ramo was the only one who kept then in it till the end...I thought maybe his play was a perfect setup to a miracle upset...butttttt that didn't happen :lol: .

Oh well, on to tomorrow now.

What? Waiving off the goal helped the Caps? So instead of being tied they are behind? That doesn't make any sense whatsoever.

No, it was a direct attack by Coach Tortorella. Players lose their cool. I understand that. But for him to order an attack on a player is ridiculous, and I hope he is fined.

Anyways, at least Jeff Halpern had a decent game tonight, although he did go pointless.

Since you need help making sense of my statement I will clarify.

Washington player checks Bolt player into the goalie. The check itself was interference as neither the Caps or Bolts player had the puck, nor was the puck nearby. The fact that the Bolts player fell into Ramo was the incidental contact that was called. If they called interference, Caps are on a PK and goal still waived off. Instead they call the incidental with only the goal being waived off and no penalty.

Caps outplayed the Bolts but the Refs assisted in another Caps win.

Torts is a jackbutt and I was agreeing with your point.

Well, I'm gonna look on the bright side. Since I KNOW we are going to win tomorrow, I'm happy that AO and co. is one step closer to knocking Philly outta 8th. I'd love a WSH and PIT 1st rd match-up. That would be crazy!!

Since you need help making sense of my statement I will clarify.

Washington player checks Bolt player into the goalie. The check itself was interference as neither the Caps or Bolts player had the puck, nor was the puck nearby. The fact that the Bolts player fell into Ramo was the incidental contact that was called. If they called interference, Caps are on a PK and goal still waived off. Instead they call the incidental with only the goal being waived off and no penalty.

Caps outplayed the Bolts but the Refs assisted in another Caps win.

Torts is a jackbutt and I was agreeing with your point.

oh ok that clears it up a bit. They were battling for position in front, and both players were shoving. I wouldn't be too upset if they called that, but it wasn't exactly a clear cut call.

To say the refs assisted in this win, however, is not fair. The reffing was pretty equal, and there were missed calls both ways. The Caps are the much better 5 on 5 team, and Tampa did not capitalize on ANY of its power play chances, including a 4:00 power play. The reffing did not help the Caps win tonight, they just wanted it more and were the better team.

Well, I'm gonna look on the bright side. Since I KNOW we are going to win tomorrow, I'm happy that AO and co. is one step closer to knocking Philly outta 8th. I'd love a WSH and PIT 1st rd match-up. That would be crazy!!

As much as I hoped the Caps would lose tonight for the Canes' sake, I share your belief in the Canes winning tomorrow and in what a great matchup it would be to have the Pens and Caps meet in the 1st round. We have to have something to watch when the Canes are between games, right?

NO WAY am I rooting for the Caps to get in, even if we win the division tonight. I like Ovechkin but am so utterly sick of hearing about him, and a Crosby vs. Ovechkin series would make me want to vomit on my TV, because that's all you'll be hearing about for the duration of the first round (or whenever they end up facing each other).

That's the truth. I am praying that Philly can win their 2 games. P L E A S E!!!

oh ok that clears it up a bit. They were battling for position in front, and both players were shoving. I wouldn't be too upset if they called that, but it wasn't exactly a clear cut call.

To say the refs assisted in this win, however, is not fair. The reffing was pretty equal, and there were missed calls both ways. The Caps are the much better 5 on 5 team, and Tampa did not capitalize on ANY of its power play chances, including a 4:00 power play. The reffing did not help the Caps win tonight, they just wanted it more and were the better team.

Reffing was pretty equal. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Reffing was pretty equal. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

so no factual response? just another opinion?

yea, reffing was equal. Before Tampa lost it at the end (with about 20 seconds left) penalties were 5 to 4 in the Caps favor, but coupled with a questionable disallowed goal, reffing was pretty equal.

please don't let your bias for your team let you spout ignorant statements like that.

so no factual response? just another opinion?

yea, reffing was equal. Before Tampa lost it at the end (with about 20 seconds left) penalties were 5 to 4 in the Caps favor, but coupled with a questionable disallowed goal, reffing was pretty equal.

please don't let your bias for your team let you spout ignorant statements like that.

It would be very difficult to have a factual response for officiating. Number of calls was even, who cares. Number of missed calls was not, of course missed calls are only an opinion, so there you go. Also, you have to look at when calls are made and not made. Momentum is true for many sports. (Can't think of one that is not but to cover my behind I will just say many). Too many times, in my opinion, (of course there's that word again), calls are made or not made when one team is apparently reversing the momentum of a particular game. We all would like to say, oh well, bad call. But you cannot know the full outcome of the call being made or not made, momentum changed or not changed.

I don't think there was anything ignorant about the response, simple, maybe.